Heavy Seas Beer (Baltimore, Maryland) has announced the brewery’s plans, additions and changes scheduled for their 2017 release calendar.
We are once again going to allow the portfolio to speak for itself (available below), but we can quickly go over a few of the surprises Heavy Seas Beer has planned for us all in 2017:
- TropiCannon Citrus IPA has been added to the brewery’s Year Round line-up.
- Cutlass Vienna Lager and Gold Ale officially return as packaged, Year Round offerings.
- The Alpha Effect Hazy IPA debuts in March as a limited release, Seasonal offering.
- The Uncharted Series of barrel-aged brews gains the addition of an annual Anniversary Ale simply named “22” (style still to be determined).
- The Boatload IPA Sampler, available year-round, will be rockin’ a constantly evolving IPA dubbed Single Cannon – a single hop IPA that will see its hop variety “change several times during the year.”
“We’ve spent a lot of time and effort every year tweaking the product portfolio,” says Heavy Seas Founder, Hugh Sisson. “2017 will see the return of local favorites Gold Ale and Cutlass Lager, as well as a few new offerings to keep us on our toes. It’s a challenge, but this is part of the excitement of being in this industry today.”
There is still quite a bit of information to check out below, so I’ll let you get to that. Enjoy, jot down a few notes if necessary, and properly prepare yourself for another jam-packed year from Heavy Seas in 2017. Prost!
Year Round Offerings Available in 2017
- Loose Cannon IPA
- Double Cannon Double IPA
- TropiCannon Citrus IPA
- CrossBones Session IPA
- Gold Ale
- Cutlass Vienna Lager
- Powder Monkey Pale Ale
- Pounder Pilsner
- Peg Leg Imperial Stout
Limited Release Seasonals Available in 2017
- March 2017 – The Alpha Effect Hazy IPA
- May 2017 – Smooth Sail Summer Ale
- August 2017 – Treasure Fest Oktoberfest Lager
- November 2017** – Winter Storm Imperial ESB (**Note: Although November is pictured, the press release has this offering listed as an October release.**)
2017 Line-up of Uncharted Waters Barrel-Aged Releases
- January 2017 – Siren Noire Imperial Chocolate Stout aged in bourbon barrels
- June 2017 – Blackbeard’s Breakfast Imperial Coffee Porter aged in bourbon barrels
- September 2017 – Great’er Pumpkin Imperial Pumpkin Ale aged in bourbon barrels
- December 2017 – Heavy Seas “22” Style TBD
2017 ‘Partner Ships’ Collaboration Series
- February 2017 – UNION Craft Brewing Olde Ale
- July 2017 – Cigar City Brewing Style TBD
- November 2017 – MadTree Brewing Company Style TBD
2017 Sampler Packs (available year-round)
- Boatload IPA Sampler
- Sunken Sampler