Dogfish Head Craft Brewery (Milton, Delaware) recently announced plans to extend their reach over the next year by adding Alabama, Minnesota, Missouri, New Mexico and West Virginia to the brewery’s distribution footprint.
Through the wonderment and beauty of fine craft beer, Dogfish Head Craft Brewery has been “dedicated to bringing off-centered goodness to off-centered people” for over 21 years now. The brewery has earned a highly-respected reputation for creating experimental and sometimes extreme takes on classic styles, but the elevated ABV levels for several of their offerings had many beer fans in Alabama fearful that Dogfish Head may never enter the Heart of Dixie. The Alabama craft beer community can now put those worries to rest because the brewery has officially declared that 2017 is the year.
Dogfish Head has already started their 2017 distribution expansion by rolling out a little early in New Mexico. At launch, the brewery is leading with “a full line-up of iconic, fan-favorite brews, including 60 Minute IPA, 90 Minute IPA, SeaQuench Ale, Flesh & Blood IPA, Namaste White, Indian Brown, Palo Santo Marron, Burton Baton, Midas Touch, and seasonal releases. Limited quantities of specialty beers and occasional rarities will also be available throughout the year.” Craft beer lovers in Alabama, Minnesota, Missouri and West Virginia can expect the same treatment whenever the brewery announces launch dates in those states. Due to the state’s ABV cap on beer, Alabama can expect to see a slightly abridged version of the Dogfish Head portfolio of brews.
“The craft beer scene is taking off in the southeast and there are a ton of beer lovers throughout the state,” Dogfish Head CEO and founder Sam Calagione said in a press release. “We have our new canning line pumping out beer and enough brewing capacity to ensure we can keep retailers well stocked with our off-centered, well-differentiated family of beers and are ecstatic that Dogfish Head fans hailing from Alabama can finally enjoy their favorite brews in their home state.”
Confirmed Alabama Launch Events
- Tuesday, March 7 at 4 p.m.: The Nook (3305 Bob Wallace Ave SW, Huntsville) – Dogfish Head Tap Takeover featuring 90 Minute IPA, 60 Minute IPA, Flesh and Blood IPA, Palo Santo Marron, & Midas Touch
- Tuesday, March 7 at 5 p.m.: Wish You Were Beer, Campus No. 805 (2500 Clinton Ave W, Huntsville) – Dogfish Head Launch Event featuring 90 Minute, 60 Minute, Palo Santo Marron, Burton Baton, Namaste, Beer to Drink Music To, Indian Brown Ale, and more on tap and available in bottles and cans to go
- Wednesday, March 8 at 5 p.m.: The J. Clyde (1312 Cobb Lane, Birmingham) – Dogfish Head Launch Party
- Wednesday, March 8 at 5 p.m.: Hop City Birmingham (2924 3rd Ave S, Birmingham) – Dogfish Head Beer Release and Sampling
- Wednesday, March 8 at 6 p.m.: The Beer Hog (112 Bowling Lane, Pelham) – Dogfish Head Tap Takeover featuring 60 Minute IPA, 90 Minute IPA, Beer To Drink Music To, Flesh and Blood IPA, Namaste White, Burton Baton, Midas Touch & Palo Santo Marron
We will update the list above with more events as soon we hear about them. **UPDATE – 3.6.2017**
Once Dogfish Head Craft Brewery is ready to launch in Alabama, we will be sure to update you with available beers, launch events, and any other pertinent information at that time. Stay tuned and start getting excited. Prost!