Cascade Brewing (Portland, Oregon) just made the year ahead a hell of a lot more interesting with the publication of their 2017 Product Release Schedule.
We have posted Cascade Brewing’s full 2017 Product Release Calendar below for you to check out at your own pace. Before we turn you loose, let’s first go over one piece of brewery news and the descriptions for some of the new Cascade brews showing up in 2017:
- As you may have already figured out from logo posted above, Cascade Brewing is rebranding their look in 2017. Along with the new logo, the bottle label designs have also been updated with three distinct color formats that will distinguish each release “based on ingredients used, time in the barrel as well as type of barrel used.” The new bottle labels will roll out throughout the year and debut in mid-February with the release of our next topic, Sang du Chêne 2015. Here is a sneak peek of that label to give you an idea of what to expect:
- Sang du Chêne 2015: scheduled for release in February – Meaning “blood of the oak,” this project showcases sour blond and triple ales aged in three distinct oak vessels: red wine foudres, toasted French and American oak puncheons and Cognac brandy hogsheads. Oak influences are the highlights, providing flavors of toasted sugars, vanillin and spice that are complemented by the bright acidity and fruity character of the base beers. Sang du Chêne captures the marriage of wood and beer at its finest.
- Kentucky Peach 2016: scheduled for release in March – This is a blend of sour wheat and quad ales aged in bourbon and wine barrels for up to 16 months with fresh, Northwest-grown peaches. This limited project offers flavors of ripe peaches and warm bourbon with hints of oak and a light malt sweetness.
- Tangerine Dream 2015: scheduled for release in March – Last produced in 2011, this extremely limited release is a blend of blond and quad ales aged in bourbon and wine barrels for up to 18 months with tangerine zest, mandarin zest, apricots and vanilla beans. Rich and complex, Tangerine Dream captures flavors of fresh tangerines, bourbon, vanilla and toasted malts.
- Crazy Navel 2016: scheduled for release in June – This features a sour blond ale aged in oak wine barrels for 14 months with freshly zested Cara Cara navel Orange zest. Last year we did a small, draft-only project and it was a huge hit, so this year we are taking it to the masses.
- Framblanc 2016: scheduled for release in August – Made for only the second time (first run was very limited), Framblanc features a blend of sour blond and triple ales aged in oak wine barrels for up to one year with white raspberries. Utilizing fruit grown less than 12 miles from our Blending House facility, this project showcases bold flavors of raspberries, grapefruit zest, white cranberries and peaches.
- A Yet to be named Collaboration with The Bruery (Placentia, California): scheduled for release in September – Details are still under wraps, but Cascade will use something grown in the state of Oregon while The Bruery will use something grown in Southern California.
- Rose City Sour 2016: scheduled for release in October – The cellar team infused sour wheat ale with a unique blend of dried rose hips, rose petals and hibiscus tea crafted for Cascade by Tao of Tea. Rose City Sour features flavors of roses, cranberries, watermelon, grapefruit and hibiscus tea.
“Our brewing and cellar staff have taken our sour offerings to a whole new level that promises to blow your mind,” stated Tim Larrance, VP Sales & Marketing. “We are so excited to share these new projects with sour beer lovers worldwide.”
Alright, there are still plenty of other fan-favorite and classic Cascade offerings to be discovered on the calendar below. Be sure to check them out to prepare yourself for a great year of sour beer with Cascade Brewing in 2017. Prost!