Deschutes Brewery (Bend, Oregon) has officially announced that it will enter the North Carolina market beginning in June.
As the opening date (the early 2020’s) for its brewing facility in Virginia approaches, Deschutes Brewery is taking steps forward to introduce the Southeast region to their iconic brews by expanding into North Carolina next month. In order to lock down the whole state, the brewery has partnered with the following seven distributors that have “300 years of combined beer-community building in the state”: Caffey Distributing Company; Carolina Premium Beverage; Coastal Beverage Company; Healy Wholesale Company, Inc.; Long Beverage, Inc.; Skyland Distributing Company, Inc. and United Beverages of North Carolina, LLC.
“With the recent announcement of our second brewing facility and downtown tasting room in Roanoke Virginia, it seemed logical to expand our consumer base to the craft-savvy state of North Carolina. We have been anxiously awaiting the opportunity to expand there for years.”
– Stacy Denbow, Frontier Region Director for Deschutes Brewery
With the help of the distributors above, Deschutes Brewery will enter North Carolina with following draft offerings in June:
- Fresh Squeezed IPA – “This mouthwateringly delicious IPA gets its flavor from a heavy helping of citra and mosaic hops. Don’t worry, no fruit was harmed in the making of this beer.” ABV – 6.4% IBUs – 60
- Black Butte Porter – “This is the beer that started it all. A rich, creamy mouthfeel complements a layered depth, revealing distinctive chocolate and coffee notes. Full of flavor, yet easy to drink.” ABV – 5.2% IBUs – 30
- Pacific Wonderland Lager – “We’ve always believed the best way to respect tradition is to brew the unexpected. So when we set out to create a sessionable lager befitting of the Pacific Northwest, our sense of exploration led us to this dry-hopped wonder befitting of everyday adventure. Citrusy Tettnang Mandarina hops combine with the crisp, bright character of a traditional lager to deliver a beer that is truly refreshing, and undoubtedly worth sharing.” ABV – 5.5% IBUs – 40
- Hop Slice Summer Ale – “Floral and citrus hop notes meet smooth caramel maltiness in this refreshingly-balanced golden ale. This year’s batch includes Lemondrop Hops! Grab a slice of summer in a glass…” ABV – 5% IBUs – 35
6-packs of the beer above and the brewery’s popular variety 12-pack will hit North Carolina retailers in August 2017.
Shortly after the kegs are tapped in June, Deschutes Brewery and its distribution partners plan to host “several launch and community oriented events around the state.” Once those details are released, we will be sure to update this post so that you are able to give the Deschutes crew a proper welcome to the North Carolina beer community. Prost!