Inoculum Ale Works (Spring Hill, Florida) recently announced that it has partnered with J.J. Taylor Distributing Florida so that it can officially begin distribution throughout Tampa Bay and its surrounding counties.
For those who may be unfamiliar with this brewery, Inoculum Ale Works is making a name for itself by being “Florida’s first full production sour only brewery.” Working out of a 4,000-square foot production space in Spring Hill, the Inoculum team brews their “truly unique, local” Sours with 100% proprietary yeast and bacteria, and local cultures that have been cultivated “from flowers, citrus fruits, trees, etc.” Confident that “their attention to science, nature, innovation and quality” is fully dialed in, the folks at Inoculum Ale Works are now taking the next natural step by sending their beers out for distribution.
“We built Inoculum from the very beginning to be about the fermentation sciences and progression of sour beer. We are beyond excited to partner with J.J. Taylor, a group of people we are certain share the same passion for driving and developing new segments of Craft.”
– Nick Moench, Owner Inoculum Ale Works
Inoculum Ale Works will launch distribution with limited, draft-only availability of the following core beers:
- Drex – A light and crisp Sour Weisse beer. 100% lactobacillus pitch followed by an American ale yeast fermentation produces a 3.2pH, 3.2% ABV, 10 IBU beer.
- Kuebiko – A soured ale with strawberries, lemons, and limes. Strawberry nose, sour bite, floral finish. ABV – 3.3%
- Dreamcatcher – An absinthe inspired sour ale. All of the ingredients of absinthe portioned for a nice hyssop herbal front end, mild wormwood bitterness, and mild smooth star anise licorice flavor. ABV – 3.3%
- Spectrally Macabre – A gose brewed with watermelons, basil, sea salt (from Maldon, England), and a special bitterless black malt. Don’t knock a salty melon til you’ve tried it. ABV – 4.5%
With J.J. Taylor Distributing handling all distribution responsibilities, the beers above will begin hitting taps at select Tampa area establishments during the first week of December. As time goes on, the brewery hopes to expand its reach into the rest of J.J. Taylor’s 17 county footprint.
Inoculum and J.J. Taylor are actively making plans for Official Launch Parties to debut on both sides of Tampa Bay in early January 2018, and we will update you here with that information just as soon as we have it. Stay tuned. Prost!