Firestone Walker Brewing Company (Paso Robles, California) has officially announced that it will launch Crafted Thru Hops, an IPA-centric Mixed 12-pack that includes two new single-hop IPAs from the brewery’s Propagator Series and the latest iteration of Luponic Distortion IPA, in late February 2020.
The Crafted Thru Hops Mixed Pack is a variety 12-pack – available in both 12 oz. can and 12 oz. bottle packs – that highlights Firestone Walker’s vast experience in brewing world-class IPAs. Containing a mix of both innovative new offerings and long-standing classics, the Crafted Thru Hops Mixed 12-pack includes everything from old school West Coast IPAs to Hazy IPAs.
This new Mixed 12-pack will feature two new single-hop India Pale Ales – El Dorado West Coast IPA and Motueka Hazy IPA – “developed in Firestone Walker’s Propagator pilot brewery in Venice, California, which specializes in R&D beers and limited local offerings.” Here are the full descriptions of these two new brews (all descriptions sourced from the brewery’s press release):
- Propagator El Dorado (only available in 12 oz. bottle pack of Crafted Thru Hops) – a West Coast IPA with a next-generation hop variety from the Pacific Northwest that offers soft stone fruit flavors with notes of tropical melon and pear. ABV – 5.6%
- Propagator Motueka (only available in 12 oz. can pack of Crafted Thru Hops) – a Hazy IPA with a New Zealand-grown hop that delivers punchy flavors of tropical fruit, white grape and lemon zest. ABV – 5.6%
The 15th release in Firestone Walker’s Luponic Distortion series – a rotating IPA series that “features an ever-evolving mix of experimental hops, designed to deliver new and innovative flavors with each new release” – will also make an appearance in the Crafted Thru Hops Mixed 12-Pack. This batch of Luponic Distortion IPA (5.9% ABV) showcases “emerging hops from New Zealand, personally sourced by Brewmaster Matt Brynildson during the Southern Hemisphere hop harvest.” Hopheads can expect this “unique blend of hops of [to offer] explosive fruit flavors of kiwi, lychee and feijoa.”
“The hops from New Zealand have a unique tropical fruit character, which is showcased in our newest version of Luponic Distortion,” said Brewmaster Matt Brynildson. “While visiting the country’s hop farms we had the opportunity to taste some amazing feijoa fruit, which comes through in their hops. Although New Zealand is a small growing region for hops relatively speaking, it has become an important one for craft IPA producers.”
In addition to the beers described above, the Crafted Thru Hops Mixed 12-Pack will also include the following offerings:
- Mind Haze (only available in 12 oz. can pack of Crafted Thru Hops) – This hazy IPA is juicy yet balanced and loaded with an imaginative array of tropical hop flavor. ABV – 6.2%
- Union Jack – This aggressively hopped West Coast IPA showcases stunning pineapple, citrus and piney aromas along with exceptional dry hop flavors of grapefruit and tangerine. This intense brew finds its balance in honey-like pale malt sweetness. ABV – 7.0%
- Easy Jack (only available in 12 oz. bottle pack of Crafted Thru Hops) – This session IPA is brewed and dry-hopped with a selection of new hop varieties from Europe, New Zealand and North America, delivering massive hop aromas and a natural malt balance. ABV – 4.0%
“Our ‘Crafted Thru Hops’ mixed packs come with a variety of Firestone Walker’s IPAs so we can give our customers the opportunity to experience our vast selection of flavors,” said David Walker, co-founder and CEO of Firestone Walker. “El Dorado and Motueka are prime examples of the innovative beers born from our Propagator brewhouse, making our mix packs a great opportunity to experience both the new and very best of Firestone Walker.”
The Crafted Thru Hops Mixed 12-Pack is rolling out now in Firestone Walker’s full distribution area. Propagator El Dorado and Propagator Motueka are available exclusively in the Crafted Thru Hops Mixed 12-Pack while Luponic Distortion IPA – 15 is also available in 6-packs of 12 oz. cans, 6-packs of 12 oz. bottles and on draft. Prost!