Starr Hill Brewery (Crozet, Virginia) has officially announced the Seasonal release of Jam Pack, a summer-themed mixed variety pack that contains 16 oz. cans of Front Row Golden Ale, Grateful Pale Ale, The Love Wheat Beer and Northern Lights IPA.
Here to satisfy summer-induced thirst in a big way, the Jam Pack Can Variety Pack takes four of Starr Hill’s “most crushable flagship beers”, gives them the long-awaited upgrade to 16 oz. cans, and puts them in one convenient package. The featured beers are as follows (descriptions sourced from the brewery’s website):
- Front Row Golden Ale – This light and refreshing beer is the perfect balance of hop bitterness and a honey-like malt body. Lightly hopped with Cascade, the Honey malt and oats bring a bit of sweetness for a smooth mouthfeel and clean finish. ABV – 4.9% IBUs – 20
- Grateful Pale Ale – A fresh spin on the American Pale Ale. This remastered recipe gives Grateful a fruitier hop aroma, more citrus hop flavor and a smoother, fuller body. ABV – 4.7% IBUs – 45
- The Love Wheat Beer – The Love is an unfiltered wheat beer, also known as a Hefeweizen. It is distinguished by its extremely light body and fruity aroma, finished with spicy notes. ABV – 5.1% IBUs – 9
- Northern Lights IPA – A newly enhanced version of a classic American-style India Pale Ale, Northern Lights is characterized by its full-flavored bitterness and poignant citrus-floral aroma. A perfect blend of barley and hops makes this a very balanced IPA. ABV – 6.2% IBUs – 55
The Jam Pack is available now and will be around throughout the rest of the summer. You can find this Variety Pack of 16 oz. cans at select craft beer retailers located in Alabama, Virginia and throughout the rest of Starr Hill’s distribution footprint. Prost!
Starr Hill Brewery (Charlottesville, Virginia) has officially announced the launch of Summer Jam as the brewery’s first ever variety 16-pack of 12 oz. cans.
To give their fans a more easily accessible option so that they may enjoy Starr Hill beers at this summer’s music festivals, barbeques and pool parties, the brewery has united a selection of warm weather brews in the newly released Summer Jam Can Variety Pack. This variety 16-pack will consist of four 12 oz. cans of each of the following summer-worthy brews:
- Remastered Grateful Pale Ale – “A fresh spin on the American Pale Ale. This remastered recipe gives Grateful a fruitier hop aroma, more citrus hop flavor and a smoother, fuller body.” ABV – 4.7% IBUs – 45
- The Hook Grapefruit Session IPA – “The tart freshness of grapefruit perfectly complements this full-flavored beer’s bright citrus hop character, while its sessionable body brings you back for more.” ABV – 4.9% IBUs – 38
- The Love Wheat Beer – “The Love is an unfiltered wheat beer, also known as a Hefeweizen. It is distinguished by its extremely light body and fruity aroma, finished with spicy notes.” ABV – 5.1% IBUs – 9
- Warehouse Pils – “In celebration of the Dave Matthews Band 25th Anniversary show, we’ve brewed a special beer: a German Pilsner is dry-hopped with German hops, golden in color with a mildly floral flavor and a crisp malt finish. It’s perfect for those warm spring days–this we admit tastes so good.” ABV – 5.5% IBUs – 20
“We’re thrilled to release this unique package as our first can variety pack just in time for summer,” says Jack Goodall, Marketing Manager at Starr Hill Brewery. “As the temperatures rise and craft beer fans hit the road for their own summer tours, these cans are the perfect companion for any outdoor adventure.”
Always proud of their musical roots, “the Starr Hill team has also curated a collaborative Spotify playlist of their favorite songs” to pair with the beers of Summer Jam and all of your endless summertime adventures. Check out the free, two-hour playlist by clicking here.
The Summer Jam Can Variety Pack is out now and available throughout the summer months. You can find this mixed 16-pack of 12 oz. cans at fine craft beer retailers located in Alabama, Virginia and throughout the rest of Starr Hill Brewery’s distribution footprint. Prost!
Starr Hill Brewery (Charlottesville, Virginia) has officially announced the release of a newly-updated version of their classic Grateful Pale Ale.
To keep up with the ever-evolving craft beer landscape, the brewers at Starr Hill decided to give their Grateful Pale Ale the Remastered treatment. Their overall approach to this update was to take the beer in more of an American Pale Ale direction rather than that of a Session IPA. The first stage of this transition was to add “Carafoam and Torrefied Wheat . . . to the malt bill for a fuller mouthfeel.” The hop bill was then revamped to feature “Cascade, Mosaic, Centennial and Falconer’s Flight in the kettle and dry-hop, replacing Chinook, Topaz and Columbus.” Thanks to the utilization of hop-bursting techniques, Grateful Pale Ale now exhibits enhanced hop aromas and flavors that are balanced beautifully by the beer’s new malt backbone.
“Similar to when we refreshed the recipe for Northern Lights IPA, we didn’t want to throw out the soul of Grateful,” says Robbie O’Cain, Brewmaster at Starr Hill Brewery. “For Grateful fans out there, this is an enhanced, balanced version of this beer that’s perfect for the warm summer months ahead.”
Grateful Pale Ale – Remastered is available now as a part of the brewery’s Core Lineup. This offering can be found in 6-packs of 12 oz. bottles, 6-packs of 12 oz. cans, and on draft at craft beer-friendly establishments located in Alabama, Virginia, and throughout the rest of Starr Hill Brewery’s distribution area. Keep an eye out for Grateful Pale Ale – Remastered while on your next beer run so that you can experience this new take on an old classic. Prost!
Vital Information for Grateful Pale Ale – Remastered from Starr Hill Brewery
Release – Year-Round/Core Lineup, Remastered version launches late May 2017
Style – American Pale Ale
ABV – 4.7%
IBUs – 45
Featured Hops – Cascade, Mosaic, Centennial & Falconer’s Flight
Featured Malts – Carafoam & Torrefied Wheat
Availability – 6-packs of 12 oz. bottles, 6-packs of 12 oz. cans & draft
Beer Finder – http://starrhill.com/Beer-Finder/