Mill Creek Brewing Co. (Nolensville, Tennessee) has announced that it will release SunSplash: Tart Fruit Beer – a mixed 6-pack comprised of a trio of Berliner Weisse-style beers – in July as the brewery’s new summer Seasonal.
To provide their fans with the perfect crisp and refreshing option this summer, the folks at Mill Creek Brewing Co. are actually giving them three options with the release of SunSplash. This mixed 6-pack of 12 oz. cans will contain three variations of Berliner Weisse under the SunSplash branding: Strawberry, Pineapple, and Coconut (two cans of each varietal in each 6-pack). Those who purchase the SunSplash six-pack can enjoy each beer on its own or they can “play mixologist with this tasty trio, blending the various fruit flavors for a touch of Tiki, no umbrellas or coconut cups necessary.” Clocking in at just 4.3% ABV, each SunSplash: Tart Fruit Beer promises to “keep your summer cool and your taste buds refreshed.”
SunSplash: Tart Fruit Beer will officially release in mid-July. You can expect to find these Seasonal mixed 6-packs of 12 oz. cans at craft beer establishments located in Mill Creek Brewing’s distribution footprint of Alabama, Tennessee and Kentucky. Prost!
Vital Information for SunSplash: Tart Fruit Beer from Mill Creek Brewing Co.
Release – Seasonal, launching mid-July 2017
Style – Berliner Weisse
ABV – 4.3%
The Flavors – Strawberry, Pineapple, & Coconut
Availability – mixed 6-packs of 12 oz. cans (2 cans of each flavor)
Distribution – Alabama, Tennessee & Kentucky
Beer Finder – http://millcreekbrewingco.com/locations/
Mill Creek Brewing Co. (Nolensville, Tennessee) has announced that it will officially begin distribution in the state of Alabama beginning in April.
Established in 2014 with a motto of “Less Fuss. More Beer.”, the folks at Mill Creek Brewing Co. have developed a portfolio of “beers that are full of flavor, never overwhelming, and perfect for just about anything.” This was achieved by tweaking the recipes of traditional styles so that the brewers could infuse every ounce of their beer with nothing but easy-drinking refreshment. The Tennessee beer community has immediately taken to this “pure and simple” approach to craft brewing, and their support has allowed Mill Creek Brewing to steadily grow and even add a taproom to their 27,500 square foot facility this past February.
The next natural step for the brewery is to expand distribution, and they have chosen their neighbors to the south in Alabama to be their first distribution market outside of Tennessee. When the brewery arrives in Alabama next month, they will launch with the following four beers:
- Landmark Vintage Lager – MALTY. CLEAN. REFRESHING. Quality malted grain is the hero in this traditional German-style lager. Sparkling and smooth, it’s the perfect beer to help you cool off as you wipe the hard-earned sweat off your brow. ABV – 5% IBUs – 16
- Lil Darlin Citrus-Infused Wheat Beer – CITRUSY. SOFT. SWEET. The name says it all. Orange peel and coriander give this gem of a wheat beer a pleasant citrus touch. Smooth, light-bodied and refreshing, it’s delightfully complex yet satisfying. ABV – 4.5% IBUs – 11
- Silo Farmhouse Ale – SUNNY. SPICY. CRISP. This traditional Belgian farmhouse ale has a light malt backbone that gives it just enough sweetness for the fruity and spicy notes to stand out. Topped off with a hint of tartness, it’s a great beer for any occasion. ABV – 5.2% IBUs – 20
- Woodshed India Pale Ale – TROPICAL. CITRUSY. IRRESISTIBLE. Fair warning: This is one IPA you can’t stop drinking. Tropical and Citrusy hops give it a bold yet playful flavor while a malt backbone adds a tinge of sweetness to balance out the slight bitterness of the hops. ABV – 4.5% IBUs – 60
Beginning in April, the four beers above will be available in 12 oz. cans and on draft at craft beer establishments located in and around Birmingham, Huntsville, Montgomery, and Shelby County. Mill Creek Brewing Co. plans to eventually expand distribution into other areas of the state as the year goes on. The tentative plan is to be in the Mobile/Gulf Shores area by May, and in Auburn and Tuscaloosa by August. There are several events planned for the April launch, and
we are currently in the process of collecting those details they are now available below. We will have that event information posted shortly, so stay tuned to find out when and where you can give Mill Creek Brewing Co. a proper welcome to the great state of Alabama. Prost!
Alabama Launch Events for Mill Creek Brewing Co.
- 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Thursday, April 6 at Liquor Express & Craft Beer Store (1812 University Dr NW, Huntsville): Beer Sampling Event – “We’re launching in Huntsville, folks! Come by Liquor Express and Craft Beer Store to sample ALL of our beers.”
- 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. on Thursday, April 6 at Old Town Beer Exchange (301 Holmes Ave NE, Ste 150, Huntsville): Beer Sampling Event – “Did you hear? We’re launching in Alabama, and our first stop is Huntsville! We’ll be slinging all of our core beers at OTBX, so swing by and grab a glass!”
- 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. on Friday, April 7 at The Brickhouse Sports Cafe (7 Town Center Drive Northwest, Huntsville): Beer Sampling Event – “We’re incredibly excited to finally be distributing in Huntsville! Come sample our beers at The Brickhouse Sports Cafe. All your favorites will be there – Landmark, Silo, Lil Darlin, and Woodshed.”
- 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. on Thursday, April 20 at The J. Clyde (1312 Cobb Lane, Birmingham): Launch Event – “We’re launching in Birmingham! We’ll be at The J. Clyde pouring all four core beers – Landmark, Lil Darlin, Woodshed, and Silo. Come by and grab a pint as we toast to Magic City!”
- 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. on Friday, April 21 at The Beer Hog (112 Bowling Lane, Pelham): Tap Takeover – “Join us for a tap takeover at The Beer Hog in Pelham, AL! We’ll have all our core beers on draft – Landmark, Lil Darlin, Woodshed, and Silo.”
- 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday, April 22 at Hop City Birmingham (2924 3rd Ave S, Birmingham): Launch Party – “We’re launching in Magic City! Come by and grab some Mill Creek for the first distribution in Birmingham. We’ll have all our beers – Landmark, Lil Darlin, Silo, and Woodshed, – so get stoked!”