On Friday, April 27 from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m., Orlando Weekly will host the 4th Annual Whiskey Business, Orlando’s premiere whiskey and bourbon tasting event, at the historic Cheyenne Saloon and Opera House (126 W Church St, Orlando, Florida).
Back for its fourth year, Whiskey Business is a unique event that allows whiskey fans the opportunity to sample a “variety of whiskeys, Scotches, ryes and bourbons” in one unforgettable evening. As attendees roam the beautiful Cheyenne Saloon and Opera House, they will experience this stellar lineup of whiskeys while also enjoying a spread of little bites from local restaurants, a captivating burlesque show, musical entertainment, and so much more. This event certainly has a little bit of everything, so let’s break it all down to ensure that we cover all that Whiskey Business has to offer.
What – Orlando Weekly’s 4th Annual Whiskey Business
When – Friday, April 27 from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Where – Cheyenne Saloon and Opera House | 126 W Church Street | Orlando, Florida
It kind of goes without saying that the centerpiece of Whiskey Business is the whiskey, and the following distilleries/brands will be on site pouring samples of their fine libations during the event:
- St. Petersburg Distillery (Florida)
- Palm Ridge Reserve (Florida)
- WhistlePig Whiskey (Vermont)
- Horse Soldier (Florida)
- Jameson Irish Whiskey (Ireland)
- Smooth Ambler Spirits (West Virginia)
- Aberlour Distillery (Scotland)
- BioTech Spirits (India)
- JLA Distillery (Florida)
- Paul John Indian Single Malt Whisky (India)
- Old Forester (Kentucky)
- Woodford Reserve Distillery (Kentucky)
- Coopers’ Craft (Kentucky)
- And many, many more because this list is still growing
Beyond just the whiskey samples, brands from around the world will serve up whiskey cocktails while brand ambassadors and distillers present themed and interactive stations, ranging from flavor pairings to recipe creation, to distilling demos and Q&A sessions.
To satisfy any grubbin’ needs you may encounter during the event, the following establishments will be in the house to serve up sample-sized “little bites” to attendees:
Blue-La-La’s Ladies of the Peek-A-Boo Lounge will be in attendance to entertain guests with a burlesque show. Musical entertainment will be provided by DJ BMF and Phat n Jazzy.
A portion of the proceeds raised at Whiskey Business will go to benefit The Barber Fund, a small, grassroots 501(c)3 organization established in 2014 with a mission to HELP THOSE LIVING WITH CANCER.
“The Barber Fund is proud to have helped men, women and children with cancers varying from Ovarian Cancer, another Sinonasal Carcinoma (very rare), Colon, Lymphoma and Neuroblastoma. We have paid mortgages, power bills, medical bills, phone bills, purchased groceries, chaperoned appointments, helped care for animals and so much more.”
Tickets are on sale now and can be purchased by clicking here. Tickets are available in the following tiers:
- General Admission: $45 each before fees – Includes unlimited whiskey samples, access to the live entertainment, “little bite” dishes from the hottest local restaurants, and craft beer options.
- VIP Admission: $75 each before fees – Includes early entry at 6 p.m., access to a private VIP area with private bar, a VIP gift, VIP lanyard, unlimited whiskey samples, access to the live entertainment, “little bite” dishes from the hottest local restaurants, and craft beer options.
- Designated Driver: $20 each before fees – Must be 21 or older to attend and obviously does not include any access to alcoholic beverages
The ticket prices above are listed as “Early Bird” prices, so be sure to secure your tickets as soon as possible to take advantage of this reduced cost.
Alright that should just about cover all the information that is currently available for this year’s Whiskey Business. If any additional details surface before the event, we will be sure to update you with that information here.
If you are free and going to be in the Orlando area on April 27, just go ahead and get your friends together, lock down some tickets, and support The Barber Fund’s incredibly worthy cause by having an amazing time at Whiskey Business. Make it happen. Prost!