Sprecher Brewery (Glendale, Wisconsin) has officially announced the release of Belgian Progression, a new series of four Belgian Ales.
Belgian beer fans, you just got a serious hook up now that Sprecher has released their Belgian Progression series. This variety pack is a true study of Belgian brewing by featuring each of the country’s traditional styles: Enkel (a.k.a. Belgian Single or Patersbier), Dubbel, Tripel and Quadrupel. For the full rundown on Sprecher’s Belgian Progression, here are the descriptions for each beer featured in this 4-pack:
- Belgian Enkel – “The lightest beer the Enkel, is medium bodied, delicately balanced with fruity esters, subtle spicy notes and a dry finish.” ABV – 5.3%
- Belgian Dubbel – “Brewed with imported malts and Belgian candi sugar, the Dubbel is replete with big, Belgian fruit flavors (raisins, plum), a smooth cereal character and lovely mouthfeel.” ABV – 6.5%
- Belgian Tripel – “A delicious yet strong Belgian-style ale characterized by fruity esters, flavors of banana, apples, light grain and herbal notes.” ABV – not listed in press release
- Belgian Quad – “The Quad features a massive mouthful of malt goodness balanced by warming alcohol with a whisper of bitterness and playful spice; perfect for cooler weather or late evenings. Predominant flavors include caramelized sugar, toffee, dried fruits (fig, cherry, raisin, plum), molasses, light spice (clove, pepper, nutmeg) and a slight hint of citrus.” ABV – 10.5%
Although all of these beers can be enjoyed fresh, the Belgian Progression pack has several offerings that can benefit from aging. While the Enkel should be consumed sooner rather than later, the “Dubbel, Tripel and Quad can be aged for six months or more.”
“These four beers represent a nice range of Belgian-style beers offering wide array of classic aromas, flavors and mouthfeel for the novice and the seasoned craft beer lover. For maximum enjoyment, I strongly recommend drinking the beers in the intended order.”
– Craig Burge, Sprecher Brewmaster
The beers of Belgian Progression will officially launch on Saturday, April 15 during a release party in Sprecher Brewery’s taproom. After the party, you can look for these Belgian ales to be available in variety 4-packs of 12 oz. bottles and on draft at craft beer establishments located in Alabama, Florida, Wisconsin and throughout the rest of the brewery’s distribution network. If you are a lover of Belgian brews or just want to learn more about the storied history of Belgian brewing, the Belgian Progression 4-pack should prove to be an awesome pick-up for you. Be sure to check it out soon. Prost!