Beginning on Saturday, September 10 at noon, J. Wakefield Brewing (120 NW 24th Street, Miami, Florida) will host Miami Madness Day to celebrate the bottle release of their Miami Madness Florida Weisse.
Rated the #1 Berliner Weisse in the World on Beer Advocate and the #2 Berliner Weisse in the World on RateBeer, Miami Madness is a limited release “Florida Weisse” brewed with mango, guava and passion fruit. Inspired by the “zombie attack” on the MacArthur Causeway back in 2012, Miami Madness is an offering “so sour it’ll give you something to live for.”
This very limited and special release will be available for purchase during this event for $20 per 750 ml bottle (cash only, there will be an ATM on-site). There is a two bottle limit per customer. Attendees will also have the opportunity to purchase limited Miami Madness 18.25 oz. stemmed glassware for $15 each.
In addition to bottles of Miami Madness, the following special release cans will also be available for purchase at this event:
- Who’s on First Northeast Style Double IPA brewed w/Local Honey: 4-packs of 16 oz. cans for $19 (cash only). Limit of four 4-packs per customer.
- Rainbow Road Imperial Guava Saison Collaboration with Smog City Brewing: 4-packs of 16 oz. cans for $16 (cash only). Limit of four 4-packs per person.
Since Miami Madness Day is an all-day, throw-down kind of affair, those who attend will also be able to enjoy the following food and entertainment options:
- Food will be available for purchase from Babe Froman Fine Sausages from 8 a.m.to 1 p.m. (Breakfast options) and Purple People Eatery from 2 p.m. to close.
- Special guest appearance by Jeff Dekal, comic book industry cover artist with works featured by Marvel, Creature Entertainment, Valiant, and Dark Horse. He also created the label artwork for Miami Madness and DFPF (Dragon Fruit Passion Fruit Berliner).
- Live performance by DJ Volksmusik from 6 p.m. to midnight
- The brewery will be showing UFC 203 with no cover charge. Main card starts at 10 p.m.
I do believe that about covers all the information you could possibly need to know about this event. If you are 21 or over, in the Miami area and free on Saturday, be sure to swing by J. Wakefield Brewing to take part in what is sure to be a great event. Prost!