On Saturday, November 17 from noon to close, Marker 48 Brewing (Weeki Wachee, Florida) will celebrate ‘3 Years of Beer’ with a full day of live music on two stages, special beer and bottle releases, and multiple food trucks.
Three years have now passed since the husband-and-wife team of Maurice and Tina Ryman established Marker 48 Brewing as the first production craft brewery in Hernando County. Over that short period of time, they have supplied their fans and community with countless imaginative craft beers, a growing barrel program, a consistent calendar of fun and creative events, and numerous fundraisers that have provided assistance for local nonprofits. Those first three years have been absolutely amazing, but the future looks even brighter for the Marker 48 family . . . and that is exactly what they will be celebrating on November 17 at their ‘3 Years of Beer’ Anniversary Party.
“Marker 48 is just really getting started,” said Maurice Ryman, Co-founder of Marker 48 Brewing. “Our brewers are always learning and experimenting so we can brew new, amazing creations. You’ll probably see us start pushing the boundaries a bit while continuing to hone our technical prowess and consistency. Additional manufacturing capacity, a bigger distribution footprint and other package formats are all in the works, too.”
But, he added: “Bringing the community together over great beer is and will always be at the forefront of what we do.”
From the massive tap list to the lengthy lineup of musical acts, there is quite a bit to go over when it comes to the ‘3 Years of Beer’ celebration at Marker 48 Brewing. With that in mind, we are just going to break the whole thing down to ensure that you get all the information necessary to have a good time at this event. Let’s get to it!
In addition to Marker 48’s extensive lineup of core and taproom-only offerings flowing on draft, the ‘3 Years of Beer’ celebration will also feature the following special draft and bottle releases:
- Mud River Imperial Stout – Bourbon Barrel- aged Imperial Stout (10.2% ABV) | bottles & draft
- Barrel Aged Love Float – Bourbon Barrel-aged Double Black IPA brewed in collaboration with Arkane Ale Works (9.2% ABV) | bottles & draft
- Copp In the Name of Love – Imperial IPA brewed in collaboration with Copp Brewery (12% ABV) | draft only
- Down to the Wire – Farmhouse Saison brewed in collaboration with Bullfrog Creek Brewing Co. (6.8% ABV) | draft only
- Dry Hopped Down To The Wire – Citra Dry Hopped Farmhouse Saison brewed in collaboration with Bullfrog Creek Brewing Co. (6.8% ABV) | draft only
- Another River – Blend of Bourbon Barrel-aged Imperial Sweet Stout & Bourbon Barrel-aged Imperial Stout (10.7% ABV) | bottles & draft
- FDR – Bourbon Barrel-aged Imperial Sweet Stout (11% ABV) | bottles & draft
- Peter Pan Porter – Chocolate Peanut Butter Porter (8.7% ABV) | bottles & draft
- Putin It Down – Russian Imperial Stout (9% ABV) | bottles & draft
- The Citrus Mistress – American Wheat Ale with Tangerine (5.5% ABV) | draft only
- Mixed Company – Blend of IPA & Lager using Trois Yeast brewed in collaboration with Dunedin House of Beer & Escape Brewing Company (4.4% ABV) | draft only
- BlackBerry Weeki Weisse – Berliner Weisse Treated with Blackberry (4.2% ABV) | draft only
- Peach and Apricot Weeki Weisse – Berliner Weisse Treated with Peach & Apricot (4.2% ABV) | draft only
- Not So Cordial – Chocolate Cherry Porter (8.7% ABV) | draft only
- BarleyWine – American-style Barleywine (10.9% ABV) | draft only
- Quad Willing – Belgian-style Quadrupel (11.4% ABV) | draft only
This list is tentative and it is possible that more offerings will be added as the date of the party draws closer. If there are any updates and/or changes to the tap list, we will be sure to post that information here. Stay tuned!
The Music Schedule
- DeShun | Noon – 1:30 p.m.
- Mackenzie | 1:30 p.m. – 2 p.m.
- Contenders | 2 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- Freeway State | 3:30 p.m. – 4 p.m.
- Ally Venable Band | 4 p.m. – 6 p.m.
- Wave Coast | 6 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- Stone Grey | 6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
- Shawn Scheller | 8:30 p.m. – 9 p.m.
- Actual Bank Robbers | 9 p.m. – 11:30 p.m.
Admission/How It Works/Other Useful Info
- No tickets are required for the ‘3 Years of Beers’ Anniversary Party. This is a come as your, pay as you go event.
- To expedite the ordering process, a token system will be in place during this event. Tokens will be $5 each (cash preferred) and are good for one (1) full-pour of beer, wine, cider, or sangria. Tickets for soda or bottled water will be available for $1 each.
- The first 200 attendees that spend a minimum of $20 at the event will receive a limited-edition Marker 48 anniversary glass (pictured below). Limit of one glass per person.
- Brewery tours will be available throughout the ‘3 Years of Beer’ Celebration. Tours cost $8.50 per person and include a full-pour of any beverage, a full-sized branded pint glass or snifter to take home, and beer samples during the tour. Exact tour times will be based on demand and determined during the event.
- Multiple food trucks will be on-site to take care of any food cravings you encounter during the event.
- Parking is limited and the folks at Marker 48 urge attendees to consider taking an Uber, Lyft or taxi to the event. If you must drive, the brewery asks that you “do not park in Tire Kingdom or the car wash area, and do not double-park or otherwise block other patrons’ cars.”
That should just about cover all the information currently available for Marker 48’s ‘3 Years of Beer’ celebration. If any additional details surface before the event, we will be sure to update this post with that information just as soon as we get it. All you have to do is block out November 17 on your calendar, assemble your crew of friends and family, and have a great time while raising a glass to ‘3 Years of Beer’ with everyone at Marker 48. Prost!