Established as “the first ever Whiskey Festival to hit Central Florida,” the Orlando Whiskey Festival will officially return on May 13 for its third installment. With a pour list boasting nearly 100 brands spanning from fine single malts to flavored whiskies, this event promises to provide guests with a top tier, educational whiskey experience that also allows them to interact with industry professionals. In addition to the abundance of amazing whiskies, this event will also feature “gourmet menu selections . . . from some of Orlando’s most popular restaurant groups”, craft beer from Hourglass Brewery, wine, live entertainment, and all net proceeds will benefit the amazing cause of The Lovely Project. There is a lot to cover when it comes to the 3rd Annual Orlando Whiskey Festival, so let’s break it all down:
- What – 3rd Annual Orlando Whiskey Festival
- When – 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. on Saturday, May 13
- Where – Mercedes Benz of Orlando in Maitland (810 N Orlando Ave, Maitland, Florida)
This event will feature a pour list of 92 whiskeys. This will include such distilleries as Angel’s Envy, The Balvenie, Basil Hayden’s, Four Roses Bourbon, Heaven Hill Distillery, Highland Park, Jack Daniel’s, Laphroaig Distillery, Suntory Whisky, Willett Distillery, Woodford Reserve, and many more. To check out the full list of featured whiskeys, click here.
The Food & Entertainment
“Menu sampling from some of Orlando’s most popular restaurant groups” will be available during the event. Participating eateries include the following:
The event will also feature live musical entertainment provided by Mo’mo-Browne.
All net proceeds from the Orlando Whiskey Festival will benefit The Lovely Project, “a Non-Profit Organization, headquartered in Orlando, Florida, that exists to empower girls by providing them with tools, education and peer-mentorship for living a purposeful, productive life.” The Lovely Project’s Mission Statement is as follows:
“Our mission is for every young girl to grow into a woman who will create positive impact on the world around them. The girls we reach in our community have the opportunity to cultivate healthy friendships in a safe, fun environment while being encouraged and mentored. Our vision is for every girl to know that she is Lovely.”
Tickets to the Orlando Whiskey Festival are available for purchase now (click here to purchase), and tickets will be available online until May 12 (while supplies last). Tickets are available in the following tiers:
- General Admission: $95 plus fees – Ticket includes entrance into the festival at 7 p.m., a branded Glencairn official whiskey tasting glass, unlimited tasting of nearly 100 different brands of whiskey, menu sampling from some of Orlando’s most popular restaurant groups, access to an outdoor cigar lounge featuring Drew Estates Cigars, live entertainment from Mo’mo Browne, specialty cocktails prepared by selected whiskey brands, and craft beer from Hourglass Brewery
- VIP Early Access: $145 plus fees – Ticket includes entrance into the festival one hour early at 6 p.m., a branded Glencairn official whiskey tasting glass, unlimited tasting of nearly 100 different brands of whiskey, menu sampling from some of Orlando’s most popular restaurant groups, access to an outdoor cigar lounge featuring Drew Estates Cigars, live entertainment from Mo’mo Browne, specialty cocktails prepared by selected whiskey brands, and craft beer from Hourglass Brewery
(**NOTE** There is a third ticket option available for purchase on the Eventbrite link provided above. The “Ultimate Whiskey Dinner Experience” is a separate event scheduled for Friday, May 12 at DoveCote Brasserie. If you purchase that ticket, it only grants you access to the three-course dinner. It DOES NOT grant you admission into the Orlando Whiskey Festival. **NOTE**)
If you happen to be in the Orlando area and free on May 13, you may want to consider checking out the Orlando Whiskey Festival. Not only will you be treated to an incredible evening filled with the finest whiskies, but you will be able to enjoy it all while supporting the very worthy cause of The Lovely Project. How can you go wrong with that? Prost!