Short’s Brewing Company (Elk Rapids, Michigan) has officially announced that it will launch distribution in the greater Orlando and Tampa areas of Florida in mid-January 2019.
Widely known for their extensive lineup of flagship and experimental beers, Short’s Brewing Company is a brewery that “prides themselves on producing fearlessly creative beers handmade by people who care in northern Michigan.” This brewery cares about its fans so much that it is now following Michigan-based, craft beer-lovin’ snowbirds south by launching distribution in Central Florida.
“Although we’re seeing double-digit growth in our existing area, a lot of Short’s beer drinkers head south for the winter, and we wanted to ensure their favorite brews are available to them. We’ve received many requests from Michigan-residents visiting Florida over the years, so we’re combatting seasonality and keeping people happy at the same time.”
– Scott Newman-Bale, Partner at Short’s Brewing Company
Short’s Brewing Company will roll out in Central Florida with the following offerings:
- Huma Lupa Licious India Pale Ale | Year-Round (7.7% ABV, 70 IBUs)
- Soft Parade Fruit Ale | Year-Round (7.5% ABV, 15 IBUs)
- Local’s Light American Lager | Year-Round (5.2% ABV, 11 IBUs)
- Juicy Brut Ale | Year-Round (4.2% ABV, 48 IBUs) **launching in Florida in February 2019**
- Soft Parade Shandy | Seasonal (4.2% ABV, 12 IBUs) **scheduled to arrive in Florida in March 2019**
The following selection of Starcut Ciders, the Hard Cider division of Short’s Brewing, will also hit Central Florida in January:
- Pulsar Dry Cider (6.4% ABV)
- Octorock Hard Cider (4.9% ABV)
- Mosa Hard Cider – a Michigan Hard Cider blended with Florida Orange Juice (4.3% ABV)
With the help of Cavalier Distributing in the greater Orlando area and J.J. Taylor Distributing Florida, Inc. in the greater Tampa area, Short’s Brewing Company will arrive in Central Florida in mid-January. The brewery plans to host a series of Launch Events in the Tampa area during the week of January 14 and in Orlando the following week (exact details on event locations will be posted soon). If you cannot make it out to an official Launch Party, you can expect to find Short’s Brewing Company/Starcut Ciders offerings available on draft and in their respective packaging formats at craft beer-focused retailers, bars and restaurants located throughout the greater Orlando and Tampa areas of Florida. Prost!