Big Storm Brewing Co. (Clearwater, Florida) has officially announced that it will expand distribution into the states of New Jersey and North Carolina this month.
After announcing last month that it was extending its reach to Ohio, Big Storm Brewing Co. is now entering September with twice as much distribution news. The brewery has officially signed with Shore Point Distributing Company, Inc in New Jersey and Carolina Eagle Distributing in North Carolina to bring its lineup of Florida-inspired brews to those states.
Big Storm will enter the New Jersey and North Carolina markets with the following offerings (descriptions sourced directly from the brewery’s website):
- Wavemaker Amber Ale – Big Storm’s very first brew was this amber ale. It presents a wave of flavor with two row Canadian barley coupled with Munich and chocolate malts. Wavemaker® Amber Ale is malt centric and highly drinkable year-round with minimal hop bitterness. ABV – 4.9% IBUs – 28
- Tropic Pressure Florida Ale – A highly drinkable Florida ale steeped with hibiscus flowers for just the right amount of natural sweetness and a hint of cinnamon. Brewed with pale wheat and honey malt, Tropic Pressure pours the color of skin that has been kissed by the warm Florida sunshine. ABV – 4.4% IBUs – 17
- BroMosa Tangerine IPA – We brewed the ultimate beverage for the bro (or sis) that isn’t into sweet bubbles served in pretentious, highfalutin glassware. BroMosa is a dry-hopped juicy IPA with a name that makes it socially acceptable to drink in the morning or any time of day. Expect a strong punch of tangerine flavor followed by a dry and hoppy finish that even the self-proclaimed “IPA-hater” enjoys. ABV – 7%
- Palm Bender Gulf Coast IPA – This Gulf Coast IPA pours a beautiful golden orange and is brewed using 100% barley. The flavor is dominated by Cascade hops with an assertive up front hop presence and floral, pine, and citrus flavors. A pleasant, lingering hoppiness in the finish entices another sip. ABV – 7% IBUs – 70
- Arcus Southern Pale Ale – A bronze medalist at the 2017 Best Florida Beer competition, Arcus rolls in with an intense citrusy hop aroma. Arcus is brewed with two-row Canadian barley and Mosaic hops. The addition of wildflower honey from Pasco County lends a balancing sweetness for a clean finish. ABV – 6.2% IBUs – 56
Big Storm’s Seasonal offerings will also be available in these areas during their respective months of availability. Seasonal offerings include Oats In Hose Oatmeal Stout, Key Lime Shandy, Oktoberfest Lager, and Dunder and Blixem Spiced Ale.
“With such great support from our local communities in Florida, we’ve had immense growth at Big Storm,” said Big Storm co-owner L.J. Govoni. “We’re excited to share some of Big Storm’s top award-winning beers with consumers in both the Garden and Tar Heel States.”
“Geographic boundaries come second to working with distributor partners who share our vision of the Big Storm brand, commitment to customer service and a love for the product. We feel both Shore Point and Carolina Eagle check all those boxes.” Govoni said.
The offerings listed above will launch in New Jersey and North Carolina during the month of September. You can expect to find these beers available in 4-packs of 16 oz. cans and on draft at select craft beer-focused establishments located throughout New Jersey and North Carolina. Prost!