The seasonal wave of Beer Calendars continues to roll through this month, and today we are here to provide you with a peek at the 2020 Beer Release Calendar from Great Lakes Brewing Company (Cleveland, Ohio).
Just as we typically do with most beer calendar-related posts around here, we have published Great Lakes Brewing Company’s full 2020 Beer Release Calendar below for you to take in at your convenience. Before we turn you directly over to that document, there are a few highlights we would like to bring to your attention. So . . . let’s not waste any time and knock that out real quick:
- Great Lakes Brewing Company’s iconic Dortmunder Gold Lager will see new packaging options and get a new look in 2020. This award-winning Year-Round offering “will make its long-awaited . . . canned debut in 6-packs of 12 oz. cans, 12-packs 12 oz. cans, and 16 oz. cans beginning Q2, 2020. Both can and bottle will sport new artwork celebrating Dortmunder Gold’s winning legacy, balanced crowd-pleasing flavor, and Cleveland roots.” ABV – 5.8% IBUs – 30
- Great Lakes IPA will join the brewery’s Year-Round lineup in Q2, 2020. A bright, citrusy, dry-hopped American IPA originally released in 2019 in celebration of the brewery’s ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) announcement, Great Lakes IPA will be available in 6-packs of 12 oz. cans, 12-packs of 12 oz. cans and on draft. ABV – 6.5% IBUs – 50
- After becoming “an instant hit when it debuted as part of 2019’s Small Batch Can Series,” Mexican Lager with Lime – brewed with real lime peel and purée – will join the brewery’s Seasonal lineup in Q2. This Seasonal brew will be available in redesigned 6-packs of 12 oz. cans, 12-packs of 12 oz. cans, and on draft from April through July 2020.
- The brewery’s Legendary Series, which pairs mythological stories with premium styles and ingredients, will see two new brews in 2020: Bierwolf Dunkelweizen (January) – Cold brew coffee, chocolate, and orange peel creep deep into the heart of this German-style Dunkelweizen, transforming a once traditional brew into a hauntingly decadent hybrid (ABV – 6.6% IBUs – 25); and Siren Shores Passion Fruit Saison (May) – Ahoy, weary sailor! Heed the call of the North Coast’s “inland seas” and plunge into an effervescent maelstrom of sweet passion fruit, zesty spices, and tempting tropical fruit aromas (ABV – 6.9% IBU – 15)
- In addition to Great Lakes Brewing Company’s storied seasonal lineup, a trio of new limited release bottles will join the portfolio. This fresh series of unique, one-off releases brings the GLBC brewpub’s experimental spirit to colorful 6-packs of 12 oz. bottles and draft throughout the brewery’s distribution footprint. Hazy IPA (March), Lemon Hefeweizen (April), and SMASH IPA (June) will launch this new series in 2020.
Alright . . . that takes care of all the points we wanted to gloss over, but there is still a ton of information waiting for you on the calendar below. Give it a gander and get ready for all the exciting releases headed your way from Great Lakes Brewing Company in 2020. Prost!