Beer calendar season keeps on rolling and this week we start things off with a look at the 2021 Product Calendar from Rogue Ales (Newport, Oregon).
Just as we do with all release calendars around here, we have posted Rogue’s 2021 Product Calendar in its entirety below for you to examine at your own convenience. With that said, there are quite a few new goodies we would like to point first, so let’s knock that out real quick:
- Rogue is kicking off 2021 by adding Colossal Claude Imperial IPA to its Year-Round Lineup. Colossal Claude is a Northwest Imperial IPA that offers citrus and floral hop aromas on the nose and finishes a touch on the bitter side with plenty of soft pine and resinous hoppy notes. ABV – 8.2%
- Shakespeare Stout will go NITRO in 2021. The addition of nitro to this classic oatmeal stout adds an intense depth of flavor that creates the perfect balance of rolled oats, roasted barley and malt sweetness. One of Rogue’s original beers, this stout has earned the most awards and highest ratings of any of their beers. Shakespeare Stout Nitro will be available Year-Round beginning in mid-January. ABV – 5.7%
- Rolling Thunder Imperial Stout (13.5% ABV), an Imperial Stout aged for 9 months in handmade Rolling Thunder Barrel Works barrels previously used to age the popular Dead Guy Whiskey, will return for a limited time in February and this year it is bringing a variant with it: Rolling Thunder Imperial Stout Finished in Chipotle Whiskey Barrels (13.9% ABV) – A unique twist on the traditional Rolling Thunder Imperial Stout, the chipotle version is finished in barrels previously used to age Rogue’s Chipotle Whiskey.
- Raspberry Tartlandia will join Rogue’s Seasonal lineup in 2021. This gose is brewed with raspberries and sea salt that was hand harvested from the Yaquina Bay in Rogue’s backyard. Available May – August.
- Jam Sesh, a Strawberry Ale made with Oregon fruit & locally made up-cycled organic bread, will also make its Seasonal debut in 2021. Available September – December.
- Rogue’s Cotes du Rogue Foeder-aged Sour Series will see three new Limited Releases in 2021: Cotes du Rogue Sour Blonde with Fruit, a Sour Blonde that offers a tart flavor with hints of oak, lemon, vanilla and apricot (April); Cotes du Rogue Sour Kriek, a foeder-aged sour beer with cherries (release date TBD); and Cotes du Rogue Oud Bruin, a foeder-aged sour brown ale that is tart and satisfying (release date TBD).
- Rogue is also updating packaging in 2021. Honey Kolsch and Hazelnut Brown Nectar, two longtime fan-favorites, will both have eye-catching new can designs in the new year. Shakespeare Stout Nitro, Double Chocolate Stout, Pumpkin Patch Ale and Dead ‘N’ Dead will all be available in a new 16 oz. 4-pack can format. Rogue’s award-winning package designs are all created in house.
“I couldn’t be prouder of our 2021 products,” says Dharma Tamm, Rogue President. “We are adding Colossal Claude, a monstrous, flavor-forward, Imperial IPA, to our core year-round lineup. Some of our favorite beers are getting a new look and we’re brewing some really fantastic seasonal products and limited-time offerings. 2021 will also be our first year with a nationwide 12-pack variety pack, which includes Dead Guy, Dreamland Lager, Newport Daze and Batsquatch. This is something our fans have asked about for years and we’re excited to see this variety pack on shelves across the country!”
That should cover all the brews we wanted to bring to your attention, but there are still quite a few tasty beers left for you to discover on the calendar below. Give it a good look and get ready for the great year ahead with Rogue Ales. Prost!