Dixie Brewing Company | Dixie Beer (New Orleans, Louisiana) has officially announced that it has partnered with The Lewis Bear Company so that the brewery can once again begin distribution in the Florida Panhandle in late June 2020.
After leaving the state of Florida in 2019 to regroup and refocus the brewery’s approach to distribution, Dixie Brewing Company is now ready to return to the Sunshine State. Dixie will re-introduce itself to Florida beer fans with the following offerings (descriptions sourced directly from the brewery’s website):
- Dixie Lager – A century of brewing tradition meets modern day in our flagship brew. Dixie adheres to the highest quality standards, using pale malt, rice and Cascade and Cluster hops in its time-honored 28-day process, delivering a crisp, flavorful premium beer. ABV – 4.6%
- Dixie Light – Dixie Light delivers the full-flavor and satisfaction of an American lager with just a fraction of the calories and carbohydrates you might expect. Have a sip and see for yourself how great our Dixie Light tastes. ABV – 3.8%
- D’Ice | Ice Brewed Beer – Cold brewed for the smoothest taste. Don’t gamble with beer choice, roll with D’ICE. ABV – 5.9%
- Blackened Voodoo – Rich, malty and smooth like the great German dunkels that inspired it. Dixie Blackened Voodoo Lager balances premium roasted barley malts with Mt. Hood and Cascade hops. The result is a dark, mysterious brew known for its bewitching character and magical spirit! ABV – 5.5%
- Crimson Voodoo | Raspberry White Ale – This fruited white ale uses tart, fresh raspberries and a clean hop profile to balance the sweet and spicy orange peel and coriander aromas. Don’t be afraid of the pink hue, it will bring you good luck if you dare to practice Crimson Voodoo. ABV – 5.2%
- Voodoo Queen | Hazy IPA – She’s smooth but bitter. She’s sweet but packs a serious punch. Her appearance may be hazy, but it’s clear to us that she’s the boss. All hail the Voodoo Queen! ABV – 6.8%
- Voodoo Doll | Lil’ IPA – Ever dreamed of using a Voodoo Doll for your darkest fantasies? Well stop that! Instead, sacrifice this hazy lil’ IPA, by drinking it down and enjoying the sweet, soft Doll of a beer. ABV – 4.7%
“Dixie was previously distributed in Florida until early 2019. We removed the brand from the state last year in a conscious effort to focus on our production relaunch in New Orleans and our existing partners in the contiguous states surrounding Louisiana. We are hyper aware of how competitive the market has become for regional beer brands that expand beyond their home markets, and we expect to leverage our 113+ year history and state-of-the-art manufacturing facility as a competitive advantage” according to Jim Birch Dixie’s General Manager.
“The team at Lewis Bear have been fantastic from the start. We’ve been working with David Bear and his team since early 2020 to design a roll-out plan that leverages our New Orleans roots and the Florida Panhandle’s world-class tourist friendly reputation,” said Birch.
Beginning in late June, the beers listed above will be available in the Florida Panhandle as far east as Panama City. With the addition of Florida, the beers of Dixie Brewing Company are now available in seven states. The brewery’s full distribution footprint now includes Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Texas, Arkansas, Maine and parts of Florida. Prost!