Dixie Brewing Company | Dixie Beer (New Orleans, Louisiana) has officially announced that it will begin the Limited Can Release of Westwego IPA on Thursday, September 24.
Hearkening back to a time when “a better tomorrow . . . included a sturdy home, warm food, and … clear IPAs,” Westwego – “named for the legendary port town just across the Mississippi River from Audubon Park” in New Orleans – is a West Coast-style India Pale Ale “bittered with Centennial and Cascade hops and dry-hopped with Mosaic and Motueka.” Coming in at 6.9% ABV, Westwego IPA possesses “all the classic elements of this delicious style: plenty of tropical, citrusy notes with a dry finish.”
Westwego IPA – available in 16 oz. cans – will release at Dixie Brewing Company on September 24 and will hang around only as long as supplies last. Westwego is a taproom-exclusive release and will not see distribution. Prost!
Vital information for Westwego IPA from Dixie Brewing Company
Release – Limited/Crafted By Dixie Series; September 24, 2020
Style – American India Pale Ale (West Coast-style)
ABV – 6.9%
Featured Hops – Centennial, Cascade, Mosaic & Motueka
Availability – 4-packs of 16 oz. cans & single 16 oz. cans
Distribution – None. Brewery only
Dixie Brewing Company | Dixie Beer (New Orleans, Louisiana) has officially announced that it has partnered with The Lewis Bear Company so that the brewery can once again begin distribution in the Florida Panhandle in late June 2020.
After leaving the state of Florida in 2019 to regroup and refocus the brewery’s approach to distribution, Dixie Brewing Company is now ready to return to the Sunshine State. Dixie will re-introduce itself to Florida beer fans with the following offerings (descriptions sourced directly from the brewery’s website):
- Dixie Lager – A century of brewing tradition meets modern day in our flagship brew. Dixie adheres to the highest quality standards, using pale malt, rice and Cascade and Cluster hops in its time-honored 28-day process, delivering a crisp, flavorful premium beer. ABV – 4.6%
- Dixie Light – Dixie Light delivers the full-flavor and satisfaction of an American lager with just a fraction of the calories and carbohydrates you might expect. Have a sip and see for yourself how great our Dixie Light tastes. ABV – 3.8%
- D’Ice | Ice Brewed Beer – Cold brewed for the smoothest taste. Don’t gamble with beer choice, roll with D’ICE. ABV – 5.9%
- Blackened Voodoo – Rich, malty and smooth like the great German dunkels that inspired it. Dixie Blackened Voodoo Lager balances premium roasted barley malts with Mt. Hood and Cascade hops. The result is a dark, mysterious brew known for its bewitching character and magical spirit! ABV – 5.5%
- Crimson Voodoo | Raspberry White Ale – This fruited white ale uses tart, fresh raspberries and a clean hop profile to balance the sweet and spicy orange peel and coriander aromas. Don’t be afraid of the pink hue, it will bring you good luck if you dare to practice Crimson Voodoo. ABV – 5.2%
- Voodoo Queen | Hazy IPA – She’s smooth but bitter. She’s sweet but packs a serious punch. Her appearance may be hazy, but it’s clear to us that she’s the boss. All hail the Voodoo Queen! ABV – 6.8%
- Voodoo Doll | Lil’ IPA – Ever dreamed of using a Voodoo Doll for your darkest fantasies? Well stop that! Instead, sacrifice this hazy lil’ IPA, by drinking it down and enjoying the sweet, soft Doll of a beer. ABV – 4.7%
“Dixie was previously distributed in Florida until early 2019. We removed the brand from the state last year in a conscious effort to focus on our production relaunch in New Orleans and our existing partners in the contiguous states surrounding Louisiana. We are hyper aware of how competitive the market has become for regional beer brands that expand beyond their home markets, and we expect to leverage our 113+ year history and state-of-the-art manufacturing facility as a competitive advantage” according to Jim Birch Dixie’s General Manager.
“The team at Lewis Bear have been fantastic from the start. We’ve been working with David Bear and his team since early 2020 to design a roll-out plan that leverages our New Orleans roots and the Florida Panhandle’s world-class tourist friendly reputation,” said Birch.
Beginning in late June, the beers listed above will be available in the Florida Panhandle as far east as Panama City. With the addition of Florida, the beers of Dixie Brewing Company are now available in seven states. The brewery’s full distribution footprint now includes Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Texas, Arkansas, Maine and parts of Florida. Prost!
Dixie Brewing Company | Dixie Beer (New Orleans, Louisiana) has officially announced that it will launch its new Voodoo expansion series, including Crimson Voodoo, Voodoo Queen and Voodoo Doll, in March 2020.
Building off the success of Dixie Beer’s long-standing Blackened Voodoo Lager, the newly-introduced offerings in the Voodoo Series are “made with New Orleans in mind and [are] the first craft [beers] brewed in the new state-of-the-art 85,000 sq. ft., 100-barrel brewhouse located in New Orleans.” The newest Voodoo Series offerings are as follows (descriptions sourced directly from the brewery’s press release):
- Crimson Voodoo | Raspberry White Ale– A 5.2% ABV fruited White Ale, uses tart, fresh raspberries and a clean hop profile to balance the sweet and spicy orange peel and coriander aromas. Best paired with boiled crawfish, chargrilled oysters and Muffulettas.
“Since opening our doors to our brand new taproom in January 2020, Crimson Voodoo has been one of our best sellers on draft and we expect it to continue to lead the way as we go into the warmer spring and summer months,” said Birch.
- Voodoo Queen | Hazy IPA – A 6.8% ABV packs a serious punch. Voodoo Queen’s appearance is hazy and gold, and brewed with Citra hops. All hail the Voodoo Queen! The preferred food pairings are beef brisket and fried chicken.
- Voodoo Doll | Lil’ IPA – A 4.7% ABV Hazy Lil’ IPA gives off a juicy grapefruit and lemon drop candy aroma brewed with Simcoe hops and has a pale yellow color that is best paired with pepperoni pizza, a bacon cheeseburger or buffalo chicken wings.
“The inspiration behind the Voodoo Series came from our consumers,” said Dixie Beer General Manager Jim Birch. “Our consumers are looking for hazy and higher ABV IPA’s, and simultaneously the same at low-ABV levels. New Orleans is a culinary city with its own flavors and taste buds and we wanted our beers to speak to that. Dixie’s Blackened Voodoo was the first to market in 1990 and we see a ton of opportunity with this name that we created.”
Available Year-Round in 6-packs of 12 oz. cans, each offering listed above is available now in Louisiana and is scheduled to enter wider distribution in mid-March 2020. Crimson Voodoo, Voodoo Queen and Voodoo Doll will also join Blackened Voodoo in the Dixie Voodoo Variety 12-pack of 12 oz. cans. You can expect to find all of these offerings at craft beer-friendly establishments located within Dixie Beer’s distribution footprint in Alabama, Florida, Louisiana, Mississippi and Texas. Prost!