For those of you who may not be familiar with the brewery, Tennessee Brew Works is “100% owned and operated by folks in Tennessee” that firmly believe in the local movement. Dedicated to producing nothing but high-quality craft beer, they create their offerings “by utilizing Tennessee’s agricultural ingredients whenever possible, and using one of the greenest brewing methods in the region.” Known for being culinary-minded and often working with chefs to develop new beer recipes, Tennessee Brew Works has “developed a reputation in food and wine circles as well.” Their popularity has allowed for steady growth, and the brewery currently distributes throughout the state of Tennessee, Kentucky, and now in Alabama.
“We are excited to be adding Birmingham to our distribution cities. Birmingham’s food and drink scene is vibrant and we look forward to sharing our beers with so many friends and family members in the Iron City,” says Founder and President Christian Spears.
Tennessee Brew Works is currently launching in Birmingham, Alabama with the following offerings:
- 1927 IPA – Juicy. Citrusy. Dank. A tribute to the birth of modern country music. Bristol, Tennessee, 1927. ABV – 7.5% IBUs – 50
- Basil Ryeman – This creamy and spicy farmhouse ale has been making a Grand Ole splash since it hit the beer scene. The Thai and traditional sweet basil, sourced from Bloomsbury Farms, and rye malts take center stage; offering complexity while remaining approachable. One can taste a variety of notes, with tones of pepper and fennel on the nose and palate. ABV – 8% IBUs – 25
- Cutaway Rye IPA – For beer lovers who stretch beyond the 12th fret, this spicy rye IPA strums with an obvious bouquet of grapefruit and tangerine harmonies. ABV – 6% IBUs – 55
- Extra Easy Ale – A classic malt forward English-style pub ale, or ESB, with tones of apricot, plum, and caramel that’ll help you relax and appreciate the moment. Brilliant pairing to offset spicier foods. ABV – 5.25% IBUs – 35
- Southern Wit – This citrusy unfiltered Belgian white ale hits high notes of tangerine, pear and honey; sourcing from natural ingredients including fresh orange zest, coriander, and chamomile. ABV – 5.15% IBUs – 14.5
- Tripel Star – Harnessing the yeast of the legendary Westmalle Abbey, we have created a traditional Belgian-style tripel right here in Tennessee. Notes of apricot, cinnamon, nutmeg and clove provide a complex and full-flavored ale. ABV – 9% IBUs – 30
- Walk the Lime – This crisp, tropical 100% wheat beer, springs with fresh lime zest onto the nose and tongue; imparting citrus notes to its finale. ABV – 5.4% IBUs – 20
The beers above are rolling out now with availability in 12 oz. bottles and on draft. If you would like to give these brews a try, you can track them down at the following craft beer establishments in Birmingham:
- Piggly Wiggly (all locations)
- The J Clyde
- Hop City Birmingham
- Highland Package
- The Beer Hog
- Western Supermarket (all locations)
- Whole Foods Market – Mountain Brook
- Black Market Bar (both locations)
- Jack Brown’s Beer and Burger Joint
- Vineyard Food Market
- Mellow Mushroom
- On Tap Sports Cafe (all locations)
The beers of Tennessee Brew Works will also be available in Huntsville at launch, and distribution will continue to expand throughout the state of Alabama over the coming months. If you are in the Birmingham-area, be sure to keep an eye out for any launch events to be held at the locations listed above so that you can give the folks at Tennessee Brew Works a proper welcome to the great state of Alabama. Prost!