Harpoon Brewery (Boston, Massachusetts) and Odell Brewing Co. (Fort Collins, Colorado) have announced that their collaboration beer – 100 Barrel Series #59: EHOP – has been officially released as a limited offering.
In celebration of being two employee-owned, independent breweries, Harpoon Brewery and Odell Brewing Co. have come together to brew 100 Barrel Series #59: EHOP as “a declaration of brewing independence.” Harpoon Vermont brewer Tom Graham and Odell brewer Bill Beymer collaborated to create two recipes of this Oatmeal Pale Ale: “one brewed at Harpoon in Boston, Massachusetts and the other brewed at Odell in Fort Collins, Colorado.”
Harpoon Brewery’s version of this Oatmeal Pale Ale is “light golden in color with a subtly tropical hop aroma and a slightly bitter finish.” 7000 pounds of oats were used in Harpoon’s recipe and were sourced from King Arthur Flour, “a renowned flour company based in Norwich, Vermont, and one of the nation’s foremost employee owned companies.” The beer comes together as a hop-forward Oatmeal Pale Ale that weighs in at 6.6% ABV and 32 IBUs.
Harpoon’s version of 100 Barrel Series #59: EHOP was officially released at a launch party with King Arthur Flour on Tuesday, October 18 at the brewery location in Windsor, Vermont. This limited release has now started seeing distribution in 22 oz. bottles and on draft (kegs are extremely limited) in select areas within Harpoon Brewery’s distribution area. Odell Brewing Co.’s version of EHOP will be available on draft exclusively at the brewery’s Tap Room. No matter where you track it down, be sure to get your taste of 100 Barrel Series #59: EHOP while you can because this Oatmeal Pale Ale is sure to disappear with a quickness. Prost!
Vital Information on 100 Barrel Series #59: EHOP (Harpoon Version) collaboration from Harpoon Brewery and Odell Brewing Co.
Release – Limited, launched late October 2016
Style – Oatmeal Pale Ale
ABV – 6.6%
IBUs – 32
Appearance – Light, golden straw
Aroma – Tropical fruit and melon
Mouthfeel – Slightly dry
Taste – Tropical fruit and melon
Finish – Slightly bitter
Availability – 22 oz. bottles & limited draft
Beer Finder – http://www.harpoonbrewery.com/beer-finder
Harpoon Brewery (Boston, Massachusetts) recently announced that they have released the Harpoon 30-Pack in honor of the brewery reaching the milestone of 30 years of craft brewing.
The number of stories created and shared at a brewery that has been operating for 30 years is kind of difficult to quantify, but that is exactly what has happened over the last three decades at Harpoon Brewery. Whether they were entertaining anecdotes, life-altering accounts or just trivial, day-to-day banter, these are the stories that helped all of the brewery’s co-workers, friends, family, fans, etc. bond and relate to one another. To honor these 30 years of stories, Harpoon is giving their team members and fans an outlet to share them at www.Harpoon30.com (click here to check that out).
Just like each and every member of the Harpoon Brewery family, each beer that the brewery has created over the last 30 years can also tell a story. Craft beer fans can get a taste of this experience with the release of the Harpoon 30-Pack. This mixed 30-pack consists of the following 15 different offerings – two 12 oz. bottles of each – that span the brewery’s history:
- Harpoon Ale – Release: 1986. A balanced and mild amber ale. 5.0% ABV
- Harpoon Octoberfest – Release: 1989. A malty, rich welcome to fall. 5.3% ABV
- Harpoon IPA – Release: 1993. Hoppy, floral, crisp. 5.9% ABV
- Harpoon Dark Dunkel – Release: 1998. Deliciously dark and velvety smooth with roasted notes. 5.2% ABV
- Oatmeal Stout – Release: 2003. The first session of the Harpoon 100 Barrel Series kicked off this new adventure in brewing with style. 5.05% ABV
- Leviathan IPA – Release: 2008. Our Imperial IPA is loaded with big, juicy American hop character and balanced by a strong, malty backbone. 10.0% ABV
- El Triunfo Coffee Porter – Release: 2012. Hints of chocolate and caramel complement bittersweet coffee in this hearty porter. 6.0% ABV
- Hoppy Belgian-style Blonde – Release: 2012. A delightfully drinkable Belgian-style ale with a big kick of American hops. 6.5% ABV
- Citra Victorious Pale Ale – Release: 2013. A sessionable pale ale loaded with Citra hops and grapefruit peel. 5.8% ABV
- Harpoon Take 5 Session IPA – Release: 2014. Vibrant citrus and pine hop aromatics greet a distinct malt profile in this Session IPA. 4.3% ABV
- The Long Thaw White IPA – Release: 2014. A seasonal IPA for the ‘in-between’ season. 6.2% ABV
- Hoppy Adventure Double IPA – Release: 2015. A Double IPA that’s slightly sweet with a lingering bitterness. 7.8% ABV
- Harpoon Sweet Spot Golden Ale – Release: 2016. Complex meets smooth in this full-flavored but easy-drinking Golden Ale. 4.8% ABV
- Harpoon Flannel Friday Amber Ale – Release: 2016. A hoppy amber ale brewed for the crisp days of fall. 5.7% ABV
- Interrobang Imperial Stout – Release: 2016. An unabashed Imperial Espresso Stout.
The Harpoon 30-Pack is available now as a very limited release. Look for this mixed 30-pack to be available at select craft beer retailers within Harpoon Brewery’s distribution area (this will probably exclude states like Alabama where that 18% ABV Interrobang Imperial Stout is deemed illegal). Get this mixed pack while you can, and be sure to share a beer and a story or two with a friend while you work your way through this liquid history of Harpoon Brewery. Prost!
Harpoon Brewery (Boston, Massachusetts) recently introduced Flannel Friday Amber Ale as the brewery’s first new fall seasonal since 1989.
Harpoon Brewery’s award-winning Oktoberfest may have reigned supreme as their fall seasonal for the last 27 years, but there is a new kid in town. Flannel Friday Amber Ale has officially arrived to shake things up with “hoppy, malty, crisp” goodness that is “a tribute to the quintessential season of change.” Not only does Flannel Friday sport some serious citrus and pine notes thanks to Cascade and Citra hops, but it is also rocking a hefty and complex malt bill as well. This all comes together as a medium bodied, amber hued ale weighing in at 5.7% ABV and 35 IBUs.
Festbier lovers, fear not and take a breath. Although it is being officially replaced by Flannel Friday in the Seasonal lineup, the classic Oktoberfest will still be making appearances as a limited release during the months of September and October.
Flannel Friday is available now in 6-packs of 12 oz. bottles, 12-packs of 12 oz. bottles, 12-packs of 12 oz. cans and on draft. Look for this offering at craft beer-friendly establishments in Alabama, Florida and throughout Harpoon’s distribution footprint. Flannel Friday is here to bridge the gap of two seasons by providing you with both the hoppy refreshment you crave in warm weather and the malty warmth you seek on those colder evenings of autumn. Pick it up when you see it and settle in for fall. Prost!
Vital Information on Flannel Friday from Harpoon Brewery
Style – Hoppy Amber Ale
Release – Seasonal, available now
ABV – 5.7%
IBUs – 35
Packaging – 6-packs of 12 oz. bottles, 12-packs of 12 oz. bottles, 12-packs of 12 oz. cans, draft
Fun Fact – Flannel Friday got its name for the “there’s the first day at the brewery when almost everyone shows up in flannel,” a sure sign that fall has arrived.