Beer calendar season is finally starting to pick up steam and this week we are here to give you a look at the 2021 Beer Lineup from Left Hand Brewing Co. (Longmont, Colorado).
As is the case with all brewery calendars around here, we have posted Left Hand’s full 2021 Beer Lineup below for you to look over at your leisure. That said, there are quite a few new and returning beers that we would like to bring to your attention first . . . so, let’s get at it (descriptions sourced from the brewery’s press release):
- St. Vrain Tripel (9.3% ABV), one of Left Hand’s most critically acclaimed brews, will join the brewery’s Year Round lineup in March 2021. The last release of their Belgian-Style Golden Ale was rated the #1 American Tripel in a blind tasting by Paste Magazine. Named after the river that winds alongside the brewery, St. Vrain is designed to pay homage to classic Belgian Tripels while adding a uniquely local twist. Colorado barley creates a subtle malt sweetness, and American hops bring rich herbal and floral aromatics, both perfectly complimenting the warm spice and fruit character of the Belgian yeast.
- Set to debut in Summer 2021, Wook Bait brings a new hop-forward addition to Left Hand’s year-round portfolio. A kaleidoscope of bright citrus and tropical fruit from Lotus, Galaxy, Cascade, and Azacca hops, Wook Bait is inspired by the rich music culture of Colorado.
- Bittersweet Nitro Imperial Coffee Milk Stout will make its long-awaited return at the end of 2020/beginning of 2021. A special blend of dark roast coffee weaves rich berry notes with spicy undertones into the 8.9% Imperial Milk Stout. Bittersweet Nitro is the single most requested archive beer from Left Hand, inspiring a social media campaign by fans for the brewery to re-release the brand. Their request has been answered with bold new artwork and new packaging.
- The brewery’s Limited Nitro Series will see the addition of Key Lime Pie Nitro, a 7.3% sour ale with lactose and lime, vanilla and cinnamon, in May. Super smooth and silky, the beer is modeled after the citrusy, velvety dessert. Tartness and baking spice combine with a creamy Nitro mouthfeel, each sip mimicking a spoonful of Key Lime Pie.
- Black Forest Nitro is set for a Seasonal Release in Q4 2021. Real cherries and chocolate combine with a rich roasted malt backbone, reminiscent of a Black Forest cake.
- The brewery’s standard CO2 Seasonal lineup will include the following newbies: Found Fortune Double IPA in January, Moscow Mule Pale Ale in the spring, and S’mores Milk Stout in late fall.
Found Fortune showcases El Dorado hops, inspiring its name. The 8.7% Double IPA is dry-hopped with El Dorado, Galaxy, and Citra, resulting in a wealth of candied orange, juicy tropical fruits, and notes of fresh-squeezed grapefruit. Moscow Mule Pale Ale is light and effervescent at 5.5% with a refreshing burst of lime and a spicy ginger kick, delivering the vibrant flavors of the classic cocktail with the body and hop benefits you can only experience in a beer. Due to its success as a “Crazy Limited” Test Kitchen Beer in their Can Mixed Packs, Left Hand is now offering this beer as a stand-alone. The announcement of S’mores Milk Stout heralds Left Hand’s first new Milk Stout variant planned for 2021. Their classic recipe meets your favorite campfire treat in this Milk Stout with marshmallows and spices hitting shelves late fall.
Alright, that should just about cover all the beers that piqued our interest, but there are quite a few more exciting releases left for you to discover on the calendar below. Check it out and get prepared for all the tasty goodness that Left Hand Brewing Co. will be sending your way in 2021. Prost!