Starr Hill Brewery (Crozet, Virginia) has officially announced the release of its Winter Tour, a cold weather-themed mixed variety pack that contains 12 oz. bottles of Northern Lights IPA, Little Red RooStarr Coffee Cream Stout, 2 Tone Vanilla Porter and Snow Blind Doppelbock.
Recognizing that most of the Southeast has reached that point in the year when temperatures seem to free fall, Starr Hill Brewery has bundled up some comforting warmth in the form of its Winter Tour Variety Pack. Meant to act as “the perfect accompaniment to a cozy fireside session” or a go-to option for the many holiday parties in our futures, this Seasonal mixed pack includes three 12 oz. bottles of each of the following cold weather brews (beer descriptions sourced from the brewery’s website):
- Northern Lights IPA – A newly enhanced version of a classic American-style India Pale Ale, Northern Lights is characterized by its full-flavored bitterness and poignant citrus-floral aroma. A perfect blend of barley and hops makes this a very balanced IPA. ABV – 6.2% IBUs – 55
- Little Red RooStarr Coffee Cream Stout – Little Red RooStarr Coffee Stout is a full-bodied milk stout brewed with coffee from our friends at Red Rooster Coffee Roasters in Floyd, VA. Malt sweetness, chocolate and caramel notes dominate the flavor, while roasted coffee notes add balance and round out the aroma. ABV – 6% IBUs – 19
- 2 Tone Vanilla Porter – Special dark roasted malts unite robust flavors of espresso and bittersweet chocolate with sweet vanilla bean for waves of rich smoothness. 2 Tone’s name is a nod to the British music genre that seamlessly combines brassy ska and punk rock. **Quick Note: the brewery made you a mix tape to chart a musical history of ska. Click here to check it out.** ABV – 6% IBUs – 16
- Snow Blind Doppelbock – Snow Blind Doppelbock is a full-bodied winter beer with a massive caramel aroma and lightly toasted malt flavor. Sweetness dominates the front of the palate while the beer finishes clean and crisp. ABV – 7.7% IBUs – 13
The Winter Tour is hitting distribution now and will be available through January 2019. You can expect to find this Variety Pack of 12 oz. bottles at select craft beer retailers located in Alabama, Virginia and throughout the rest of Starr Hill’s distribution area. Prost!
Starr Hill Brewery (Charlottesville, Virginia) sent out a press release today to officially announce its 2018 Product Calendar.
Just as we do with all brewery release calendars, we have posted Starr Hill Brewery’s full 2018 Product Calendar below so that you can go over it at your own leisure. That said, this calendar is absolutely loaded with interesting content and we would be remiss if we did not go over a few of the highlights:
- Starr Hill will launch Front Row Golden Ale in early 2018 as the brewery’s newest Year-Round offering. At 4.9% ABV, “this light and refreshing beer is the perfect balance of Honey malt and Cascade hops for a smooth body and clean finish.” Front Row will initially launch on draft, “followed by six-pack [of 12 oz.] bottles, this spring with a Golden Ticket Giveaway contest” – a promotion that gives fans a chance to “enter to win concert tickets and an exclusive Front Row Tour Pack of prizes.”
- In March 2018, the brewery will introduce its new BoomBox 8-pack of 16 oz. cans. This mixed pack will feature Front Row Golden Ale and Northern Lights IPA (four 16 oz. cans of each), “a link to free music content, and will be available year-round.”
- Looking Glass IPA will arrive in February as the brewery’s new Spring Seasonal. “Loaded with notes of juicy pineapple, mango and passion fruit, this IPA packs big hop aroma and flavor with minimal bitterness.” Looking Glass IPA will replace Reviver Red IPA in the seasonal lineup, but The Hook Grapefruit Session IPA (summer), Last Leaf Maple Brown Ale (fall) and Snow Blind Doppelbock (winter) will all return in 2018.
- The Heavy Rotation Series, “an ongoing playlist of new beer and music”, returns in 2018 “with something fresh available in 6-packs and on draft every three months.” Next year’s lineup will include 2-Tone Vanilla Porter (January), Amber Ale (March), Hibiscus Lager (June), Festie Oktoberfest Lager (September) and Dark Starr Dry Irish Stout (December).
- Starr Hill’s All Access Series will go draft-only in 2018. This series will feature “old favorites and new recipes developed at the Pilot Brewery & Side Stage in Roanoke.” Releases include Denali Double IPA (January), Berliner Weisse (March), NE-Style IPA (May), a non-IPA style Roanoke Pilot Brew (July), an IPA style Roanoke Pilot Brew (September) and Little Red Roostarr (November).
Alright, that should be everything that we wanted to cover, but there is still plenty of goodness left for you to discover on the calendar below. Give it a good look so that you are properly prepared for another great year of beer with Starr Hill in 2018. Prost!