Eager to jump into their 20th year of craft brewing, Starr Hill Brewery (Charlottesville, Virginia) sent out a 2019 Product Calendar this week that outlines all the surprises they have planned for their fans in the coming year.
Just as we do with all posts on brewery calendars, we have published Starr Hill’s full 2019 Product Calendar below for you to fully absorb on your own. With that said, there are quite a few details that we feel we should pass along before we turn you over to that document. Brevity is our goal, so let’s knock it out:
- Starr Hill will establish a rotating Sour Series in 2019. This series will feature the following kettle-soured brews: Raspberry American Sour (April), Lime Gose (July), and Passion Fruit Gose (October). A “bubbly” Guava Gose will also appear later in the winter. All Sour Series offerings will be available on draft, in rotating seasonal 6-packs of 12 oz. bottles, and in the “Say It Ain’t Sour” 12-pack of 12 oz. bottles that will also debut in April.
- Hoppy Blonde Ale will launch in May as the brewery’s new Summer Seasonal, replacing The Hook Grapefruit Session IPA. This easy-drinking Blonde Ale boasts an “emphatic hop aroma and flavor (and never-before-used hops).” A new, yet to be named Winter Seasonal will also turn up in November.
- The All Access Series returns in 2019 with the following lineup of limited release brews: Kelis Milkshake IPA (January), New England IPA (April), Deep Fuzz Double IPA (July), and Little Red Roostarr Coffee Cream Stout (October). All Access brews will have availability on draft and in 16 oz. cans in 2019.
- The “Hopped As Hell” Variety 12-pack of 12 oz. bottles will surface in August to supply hopheads with the following four lupulin-laced brews: Shade, a hopped ale with the shadow of a Belgian Wit; Swim, a hazy, juicy wave of refreshment; AC, a breeze of an Amarillo Citra IPA; and Mountain Air, a West-Coast style, pinnacle of an imperial IPA.
- To make room for the upcoming additions to the Starr Hill lineup, two year-round brands will be phased out in January 2019: Double Platinum Imperial IPA and Jomo Vienna Lager. These beers, beloved as they are by retail visitors, will still appear on rotation at Starr Hill’s Crozet and Roanoke tap rooms.
Okey dokey . . . that should wrap up everything that we wanted to cover, but there are still plenty of juicy little tidbits for you to find on the calendar below. Give it a good look and get ready to celebrate two decades craft brewing with Starr Hill Brewery in 2019. Prost!