Ghost Train Brewing Company (Birmingham, Alabama) recently announced that they will be holding an Official Grand Opening Party at their newly completed facility starting at noon on Saturday, October 22.
That’s right, the Ghost Train is finally ready to roll on its own and the next leg of this journey begins on October 22 at 2616 3rd Ave South, Birmingham. If that address rings a bell to craft beer lovers in Central Alabama, that is because it formerly acted as the birthplace for Cahaba Brewing Company. This facility is more than familiar territory and acts as a bit of a homecoming for Taylor DeBoer since he was a former partner at Cahaba and now the Founder/Owner of Ghost Train Brewing. The address and building may be the same, but the soul and vibe of this new tasting room and brewery have been meticulously cultivated to represent the full Ghost Train aesthetic.
To properly introduce you to the Ghost Train experience, the folks at brewery welcome one and all to their Grand Opening Party on October 22. Here are all the happenings, details and pertinent information you need to know concerning the event:
- The following Ghost Train brews will be featured at the event:
1. Go-Devil Golden Ale – “Go-Devil Golden Ale is our West Coast interpretation of a Golden Ale. You’ll enjoy the crisp, refreshing citrus aroma that only the freshest Citra hops can deliver. One thing is for certain, this is the ultimate “lawnmower beer” for the craft beer lover.” ABV 4.9% IBUs 25.6
2. Switchman’s Stash IPL – “Switchman’s Stash is an India Pale Lager of the highest order. Using cool temperatures and bottom fermenting yeast, The Stash finishes nice and clean. The lagering period leaves this beer crystal clear and enhances our use of the dankest American hops that you would expect in your favorite West Coast IPA.” ABV 6.9% IBUs 71.7
3. Dark Ride Belgian-style Strong Ale – “This one will take you for a ride! It’s a Belgian Style Strong Ale brewed with Alabama wildflower honey. Despite its medium brown color, Dark Ride is surprisingly refreshing and clean. Brewed to a high gravity with Belgian ale yeast, you’ll detect the classic spicy flavors that are finished with delicate wildflower honey. Don’t be scared off by this one, you’ll be glad you tried it.” ABV 8.7% IBUs 23.2
4. Terminal Station Brown Ale – “Terminal Station is a Northern English Style Brown Ale. You’ll enjoy this slightly dry, hop-forward version of a classic nut brown ale. The balanced, nutty flavor of this ale makes it easy to drink. This beer pays homage to one of Birmingham’s most beautiful ghosts, The Terminal Station.” ABV 4.51% IBUs 22.3
5. A yet to be named, new offering will be making its official debut at the Grand Opening! Stay tuned for further info on this one!
- Beer tickets will be available for purchase at the door in order to ensure quick and accurate service at the bar. There will also be non-alcoholic beverages available at the event.
- To pair with all of this delicious brew, Cantina on Wheels will be on-site from 1 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- You cannot have a party without live music and entertainment! Here are the featured acts:
1. Culture Dread – 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.
2. Tragic City – 7 p.m. to ???
- Seating is limited, so folding/camping chairs are welcome and encouraged.
- Parking is limited on-site, but additional parking can be found in the hedged parking lot across from Iron Tribe Fitness.
That about covers all the details currently available, but feel free to check back often as this post will be updated with any new information as it surfaces. If you are free on October 22nd, be sure to swing by the new taproom to raise a glass with the wonderful people of Ghost Train Brewing Company in celebration of this new chapter in the brewery’s history. Prost!