Ghost Train Brewing Company (Birmingham, Alabama) has officially announced that it will release OhEmGee, Alabama’s first and only portable craft cocktail, in late July 2020.
Not to be mistaken for a hard seltzer, OhEmGee is a legit craft cocktail that combines Ghost Train’s award-winning Proven Spirits Vodka with an infusion of lemon and lime. Coming in at just 7% ABV, 90 calories and 2 grams of carbs, OhEmGee is a “bubbly beauty . . . rocking the crisp, light mouthfeel you would expect from a vodka & soda, with a hint of fresh lemon and lime to keep things interesting.”
OhEmGee officially debuted in the Tasting Room at Ghost Train Brewing Company on Monday, July 20 with availability in 6-packs of 12 oz. cans. OhEmGee is currently only available at the brewery and there is no word at this time as to when or if it will hit distribution. Prost!
Vital Information for OhEmGee from Ghost Train Brewing Company
Release – Launching July 20, 2020
Style – Canned Craft Cocktail
Featured Spirit – Proven Spirits Vodka
ABV – 7%
Calories – 90
Carbs – 2 grams
Availability – 6-packs of 12 oz. cans
Distribution – None. Brewery only for now
Ghost Train Brewing Company (Birmingham, Alabama) has officially announced that it is entering summer with the release of its low calorie Light Lager.
Serving as proof that you do not have depend on mass-produced lagers from those big macro breweries for low-calorie options, Ghost Train Brewing Company’s Light Lager has arrived to give you “a full-flavored, less filling” experience that only hits you with 99 calories. Weighing in at just 4% ABV and 5 grams of carbs, this “smooth, easy drinking” Light Lager promises to “great for long days at the pool, lake, beach, golf outings or as an everyday beer.”
Light Lager is available now in 6-packs of 12 oz. cans (SRP of $7.99). You can expect to find this new brew at craft beer-friendly retailers located in the following Alabama counties: Jefferson, Shelby, Calhoun, Etowah, Montgomery, Autauga, Lauderdale, Colbert, Walker and Chilton. It is expected that Light Lager will see statewide distribution in the near future. Prost!
Vital Information for Light Lager from Ghost Train Brewing Company
Release – Core, debuts May 2018
Style – Light Lager
ABV – 4%
Calories – 99
Carbs – 5 grams
Availability – 6-packs of 12 oz. cans
Distribution – Jefferson, Shelby, Calhoun, Etowah, Montgomery, Autauga, Lauderdale, Colbert, Walker and Chilton counties in Alabama
Ghost Train Brewing Company (Birmingham, Alabama) recently announced that they will be holding an Official Grand Opening Party at their newly completed facility starting at noon on Saturday, October 22.
That’s right, the Ghost Train is finally ready to roll on its own and the next leg of this journey begins on October 22 at 2616 3rd Ave South, Birmingham. If that address rings a bell to craft beer lovers in Central Alabama, that is because it formerly acted as the birthplace for Cahaba Brewing Company. This facility is more than familiar territory and acts as a bit of a homecoming for Taylor DeBoer since he was a former partner at Cahaba and now the Founder/Owner of Ghost Train Brewing. The address and building may be the same, but the soul and vibe of this new tasting room and brewery have been meticulously cultivated to represent the full Ghost Train aesthetic.
To properly introduce you to the Ghost Train experience, the folks at brewery welcome one and all to their Grand Opening Party on October 22. Here are all the happenings, details and pertinent information you need to know concerning the event:
- The following Ghost Train brews will be featured at the event:
1. Go-Devil Golden Ale – “Go-Devil Golden Ale is our West Coast interpretation of a Golden Ale. You’ll enjoy the crisp, refreshing citrus aroma that only the freshest Citra hops can deliver. One thing is for certain, this is the ultimate “lawnmower beer” for the craft beer lover.” ABV 4.9% IBUs 25.6
2. Switchman’s Stash IPL – “Switchman’s Stash is an India Pale Lager of the highest order. Using cool temperatures and bottom fermenting yeast, The Stash finishes nice and clean. The lagering period leaves this beer crystal clear and enhances our use of the dankest American hops that you would expect in your favorite West Coast IPA.” ABV 6.9% IBUs 71.7
3. Dark Ride Belgian-style Strong Ale – “This one will take you for a ride! It’s a Belgian Style Strong Ale brewed with Alabama wildflower honey. Despite its medium brown color, Dark Ride is surprisingly refreshing and clean. Brewed to a high gravity with Belgian ale yeast, you’ll detect the classic spicy flavors that are finished with delicate wildflower honey. Don’t be scared off by this one, you’ll be glad you tried it.” ABV 8.7% IBUs 23.2
4. Terminal Station Brown Ale – “Terminal Station is a Northern English Style Brown Ale. You’ll enjoy this slightly dry, hop-forward version of a classic nut brown ale. The balanced, nutty flavor of this ale makes it easy to drink. This beer pays homage to one of Birmingham’s most beautiful ghosts, The Terminal Station.” ABV 4.51% IBUs 22.3
5. A yet to be named, new offering will be making its official debut at the Grand Opening! Stay tuned for further info on this one!
- Beer tickets will be available for purchase at the door in order to ensure quick and accurate service at the bar. There will also be non-alcoholic beverages available at the event.
- To pair with all of this delicious brew, Cantina on Wheels will be on-site from 1 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- You cannot have a party without live music and entertainment! Here are the featured acts:
1. Culture Dread – 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.
2. Tragic City – 7 p.m. to ???
- Seating is limited, so folding/camping chairs are welcome and encouraged.
- Parking is limited on-site, but additional parking can be found in the hedged parking lot across from Iron Tribe Fitness.
That about covers all the details currently available, but feel free to check back often as this post will be updated with any new information as it surfaces. If you are free on October 22nd, be sure to swing by the new taproom to raise a glass with the wonderful people of Ghost Train Brewing Company in celebration of this new chapter in the brewery’s history. Prost!