From 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. on Saturday, February 17, SweetWater Brewing Company (Atlanta, Georgia) will host a 21st Anniversary Throwdown featuring an insane tap list and live music from Dirty Heads, Twiddle and People’s Blues of Richmond.
SweetWater Brewing Company will finally hit the legal drinking age of 21 in February, and you best believe that they will be throwing one hell of a party to celebrate that milestone. The 21st Anniversary Throwdown will feature quite a few changes from previous anniversary parties at SweetWater, so it is probably best if we just break this whole thing down for you.
What – SweetWater Brewing Company’s 21st Anniversary Throwdown
When – 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. on Saturday, February 17
Where – SweetWater Brewing Company: 195 Ottley Drive NE, Atlanta, Georgia
- The 21st Anniversary Party will feature “a fat stash of draft options from [the brewery’s] cellar and specialty beers throughout the building! [SweetWater will] also be pulling out all the stops with the draft list in the Woodlands.”
- Attendees will have the option to purchase a custom 21st Anniversary glass and/or a bottle of the 21st Anniversary Ale, an Oud Bruin
- All ticketholders (21 & up) will receive a Souvenir 6-pack of the Great American Beer Festival medal winning TripleTail Tropical IPA
Everyone knows that you cannot have a party at SweetWater without an incredible lineup of musical acts. This year’s lineup includes:
- 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. – Bird Dog Jubilee
- 3:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. – People’s Blues of Richmond
- 6:15 p.m. to 7:45 p.m. – Twiddle
- 8:30 p.m. to 10 p.m. – Dirty Heads
- Advance Tickets are $29 each, click here to purchase
- Tickets will be available at the gate day of the event for $40 each
- You must be 21 or older to purchase a ticket. ID required at entry
- Ticket cost gets you entry into the event, a full day of live music, access to a draft list filled with specialty and limited beers, and a souvenir 6-pack of TripleTail Tropical IPA
Other Useful Information
- This event is rain or shine and the bands will be playing on an outdoor stage. Plan accordingly
- There will be a vast selection of food trucks on-site to keep you fed all day long
- Parking is VERY limited onsite, so MARTA, UBER, cabs, etc. will be your best bet! Shuttles will be running from the SIP Coffee at the Lindbergh Marta station to the brewery.
- Pets are not allowed at this event
- Children may attend with a parent or guardian
That is all the information that we have for you at this time, but we will be sure to update this post with any details that may surface between now and the event.
The crew here at Mashing In has attended nearly a decade of anniversary parties at SweetWater, and we are here to tell you that they have just gotten better year after year. With that said, we fully expect this 21st Anniversary Throwdown to achieve a completely new level of awesome. Call your friends, make some plans, and get those tickets as soon as possible because we hope to raise a glass with all of you on February 17 to another great year with SweetWater Brewing Company. Prost!