Proof Brewing Co. (Tallahassee, Florida) has officially announced that it will enter the next phase of its growth and expansion by beginning renovations on a former Coca-Cola Bottling Company building located at 1320 South Monroe Street in Tallahassee, Florida.
When it began production in 2012, Proof Brewing Co. encountered high demand from the beer drinking masses in Florida right out of the gate. As a result, the brewery has since “experienced explosive growth, doubling production each year with 6,000 barrels produced in 2017.” Although this level of growth is a fantastic problem to have, the folks at the brewery quickly realized that they needed to address the fact that they were outgrowing their current facility. After weighing their options and commencing a search for a location that made sense for the brewery and their community, the Proof Brewing Co. crew is happy to report that they have remedied their situation with the recent acquisition of the “34,000 square-foot former Coca-Cola Bottling Company building . . . centrally located near the redevelopment of South Monroe and the downtown district and walking distance to beautiful Cascades Park.”
“This will be a year of growth and development for Proof Brewing Company. We are proud of our growth in Tallahassee and we’re thrilled to reinvest back into the community that has been so supportive of us. It will be an amazing experience to revitalize a historical building near the flourishing downtown district of Tallahassee on South Monroe. Reintroducing manufacturing jobs to this district to serve the Tallahassee community will be a very exciting journey,”
– Byron & Angela Burroughs, Proof Brewing Company’s founders
With an improvement/investment budget set at $5 million, Proof Brewing Co. will begin renovations on the new facility in March and has tentatively scheduled to be completed by the winter of 2018. These renovations will provide the brewery with the following upgrades and opportunities:
- The renovation and expansion will allow Proof Brewing Co. to increase production to over 15,000 barrels within the first two years, and the facility’s potential production capacity will increase to 30,000 barrels with additional room to grow.
- The expansion will feature efficiency upgrades, a quality control lab, and additional fermentation capacity.
- The larger building and additional fermentation capacity will enable the brew staff to expand production of Proof Brewing Co.’s core lineup of bold and flavorful beers.
- The new facility will also allow for the addition of more packaged brands in cans, in addition to their wildly popular Eightfive-0 American Pale Ale and Mango Wit Belgian-Style Wit.
- An expanded tasting room experience will feature Proof Brewing Co.’s year-round beers on draft in addition to seasonal and pilot batch beer. Guests can enjoy beers on-site while relaxing in the family friendly tasting room and play outdoor games in the beer garden. Plans are also in place to add a kitchen and private event space.
- There will also be an on-site retail store where fans can purchase merchandise and packaged beer. Growlers and crowlers will be filled at the tasting room bar.
- Proof Brewing Co. currently employs thirty staff members between the tasting room, the production facility and administration. This number will increase as the new facility will require additional employees and support staff as new markets are reached throughout the state of Florida and beyond.
- The Tallahassee-Leon County Office of Economic Vitality (OEV) projects that this project will have a $23 million total economic impact on the community with a total of 102 jobs.
Proof Brewing Co.’s current brewery and taproom – located at 644 McDonnell Drive | Tallahassee, Florida – will continue normal operations until renovations on the new facility are completed. Be sure to swing by the original location to support Proof Brewing Co. during this transition and stay tuned for more information concerning the grand opening of the brewery’s future site later in the year. Prost!