Proof Brewing Company (Tallahassee, Florida) and For the Table Hospitality have officially announced that The 6th Annual Florida Tap Invitational will be held on Friday, November 2 and Saturday, November 3 in Tallahassee, Florida.
Back for its sixth year, The Florida Tap Invitational – presented by Proof Brewing Company and For the Table Hospitality and sponsored by Visit Tallahassee – is a two-day event that has “beer enthusiasts gather in the capital city to experience one of the largest North Florida . . . craft beer festivals.” This event will feature a Block Party in Tallahassee’s CollegeTown District on Friday, November 2 and The Florida Tap Invitational Beer Festival – a.k.a. the main event – on Saturday, November 3. Since this is a two-day event that has a lot of ins and outs, we are just going to break this whole thing down for the sake of clarity and ease of use. Let’s get to it:
What – The 6th Annual Florida Tap Invitational
When – A Block Party in the CollegeTown District kicks things off at 7 p.m. on Friday, November 2; The Florida Tap Invitational beer festival will begin at 1 p.m. on Saturday, November 3
Where – Friday’s Block Party: FSU CollegeTown | 815 West Madison Street | Tallahassee, Florida; Saturday’s 6th Annual Florida Tap Invitational: Proof Brewing Company | 644 McDonnell Street | Tallahassee, Florida
The Florida Tap Invitational Beer Festival on Saturday will feature “over 40 amazing Florida craft breweries and over 100 new and rare beers.” At the time of this post, event organizers were still in the process of compiling the official
brewery and beer lists. We will post those lists here just as soon as they are made available. Stay tuned.
**UPDATE – 08.15.18** Organizers of The Florida Tap Invitational released the official brewery list yesterday. It is as follows:
- 3 Daughters Brewing (St. Petersburg, Florida)
- 7venth Sun Brewery (Dunedin& Tampa, Florida)
- Aardwolf Brewing Company (Jacksonville, Florida)
- Angry Chair Brewing (Tampa, Florida)
- Arkane Aleworks (Largo, Florida)
- Bold City Brewery (Jacksonville, Florida)
- Brew Bus Brewing (Tampa, Florida)
- Calusa Brewing (Sarasota, Florida)
- Central 28 Beer Company (DeBary, Florida)
- Cigar City Brewing (Tampa, Florida)
- Cigar City Cider & Mead (Tampa, Florida)
- Coppertail Brewing Company (Tampa, Florida)
- Crooked Can Brewing Company (Garden, Florida)
- Darwin Brewing Co. (Bradenton, Florida)
- Deep Brewing Co. (Tallahassee, Florida)
- First Magnitude Brewing Company (Gainesville, Florida)
- Florida Avenue Brewing Co. (Tampa, Florida)
- Funky Buddha Brewery (Oakland Park, Florida)
- Garagiste Meadery (Tampa, Florida)
- GrassLands Brewing Company (Tallahassee, Florida)
- Gravity Brewlab (Miami, Florida)
- Grayton Beer Company (Santa Rosa Beach, Florida)
- Green Bench Brewing Co. (St. Petersburg, Florida)
- Hidden Springs Ale Works (Tampa, Florida)
- Hourglass Brewing (Longwood, Florida)
- Idyll Hounds Brewing Company (Santa Rosa Beach, Florida)
- Intuition Ale Works (Jacksonville, Florida)
- Invasive Species Brewing (Fort Lauderdale, Florida)
- J. Wakefield Brewing (Miami, Florida)
- JDub’s Brewing Company (Sarasota, Florida)
- Lake Tribe Brewing (Tallahassee, Florida)
- Lincoln’s Beard Brewing Co. (Miami, Florida)
- M.I.A. Beer Company (Doral, Florida)
- Motorworks Brewing (Bradenton, Florida)
- Odd Breed Wild Ales (Pompano Beach, Florida)
- Ology Brewing Co. (Tallahassee, Florida)
- Oyster City Brewing Company (Apalachicola, Florida)
- Pair O’ Dice Brewing Company (Clearwater, Florida)
- Proof Brewing Co. (Tallahassee, Florida)
- Playalinda Brewing Co. (Titusville, Florida)
- Red Cypress Brewery (Winter Springs, Florida)
- Saltwater Brewery (Delray Beach, Florida)
- Sea Drift Ales & Lagers (Largo, Florida)
- Slim Pickens Cider & Mead (Tampa, Florida)
- Southern Swells Brewing Co. (Jacksonville Beach, Florida)
- Swamp Head Brewery (Gainesville, Florida)
- Tampa Bay Brewing Company (Tampa, Florida)
- Wicked Barley Brewing Company (Jacksonville, Florida)
- Wynwood Brewing Company (Miami, Florida)
Tickets for the 6th Annual Florida Tap Invitational are available now (click here to purchase) and can be purchased in the following tiers:
- General Admission – $55 each: Ticket cost grants you admission into Friday night kick-off party in College Town, entrance into Saturday’s beer festival at 1 p.m., unlimited 3oz beer samples at Saturday’s Florida Tap Invitational, and a collectible tasting glass
- VIP – $100 each: Ticket cost grants you admission into Friday night private dinner hosted by Publix and beer sampling, early admission on Saturday to Florida Tap Invitational (Noon), unlimited 3oz samples at Saturday’s Florida Tap Invitational, a collectible tasting glass, 750mL bottle of “Royal Blood Line” Imperial Stout (Released just at this event and VIP only), and one plate of food at the festival
Please take note that tickets will only be available online via Eventbrite. Tickets will not be sold at the brewery or anywhere else. All ticket sales are final and no refunds will be allowed.
- The Florida Tap Invitational is a rain or shine event
- All festival attendees must be 21 years or older and must arrive with valid ID
- The following items will not be permitted into the festival: no outside food or beverage, no glass or growlers, no pets (licensed service dogs are okay with proof), no illegal substances, no masks, no weapons, no chairs, no fireworks
- Empty (non-glass) containers for water or sealed bottles of water are OK
- Food will be available on-site for purchase. List of vendors coming soon
That should just about cover all the information that is currently available for The 6th Annual Florida Tap Invitational. We will be posting the brewery list, beer list and any other additional details just as soon as we have them, so make sure to check back here for that info.
Fair warning: The Florida Tap Invitational is a can’t-miss event and you best believe that the Florida beer community is aware of that fact. This event will sell out quickly, so be sure to lock down some tickets as soon you possibly can. Prost!
Proof Brewing Co. (Tallahassee, Florida) has officially announced that it will enter the next phase of its growth and expansion by beginning renovations on a former Coca-Cola Bottling Company building located at 1320 South Monroe Street in Tallahassee, Florida.
When it began production in 2012, Proof Brewing Co. encountered high demand from the beer drinking masses in Florida right out of the gate. As a result, the brewery has since “experienced explosive growth, doubling production each year with 6,000 barrels produced in 2017.” Although this level of growth is a fantastic problem to have, the folks at the brewery quickly realized that they needed to address the fact that they were outgrowing their current facility. After weighing their options and commencing a search for a location that made sense for the brewery and their community, the Proof Brewing Co. crew is happy to report that they have remedied their situation with the recent acquisition of the “34,000 square-foot former Coca-Cola Bottling Company building . . . centrally located near the redevelopment of South Monroe and the downtown district and walking distance to beautiful Cascades Park.”
“This will be a year of growth and development for Proof Brewing Company. We are proud of our growth in Tallahassee and we’re thrilled to reinvest back into the community that has been so supportive of us. It will be an amazing experience to revitalize a historical building near the flourishing downtown district of Tallahassee on South Monroe. Reintroducing manufacturing jobs to this district to serve the Tallahassee community will be a very exciting journey,”
– Byron & Angela Burroughs, Proof Brewing Company’s founders
With an improvement/investment budget set at $5 million, Proof Brewing Co. will begin renovations on the new facility in March and has tentatively scheduled to be completed by the winter of 2018. These renovations will provide the brewery with the following upgrades and opportunities:
- The renovation and expansion will allow Proof Brewing Co. to increase production to over 15,000 barrels within the first two years, and the facility’s potential production capacity will increase to 30,000 barrels with additional room to grow.
- The expansion will feature efficiency upgrades, a quality control lab, and additional fermentation capacity.
- The larger building and additional fermentation capacity will enable the brew staff to expand production of Proof Brewing Co.’s core lineup of bold and flavorful beers.
- The new facility will also allow for the addition of more packaged brands in cans, in addition to their wildly popular Eightfive-0 American Pale Ale and Mango Wit Belgian-Style Wit.
- An expanded tasting room experience will feature Proof Brewing Co.’s year-round beers on draft in addition to seasonal and pilot batch beer. Guests can enjoy beers on-site while relaxing in the family friendly tasting room and play outdoor games in the beer garden. Plans are also in place to add a kitchen and private event space.
- There will also be an on-site retail store where fans can purchase merchandise and packaged beer. Growlers and crowlers will be filled at the tasting room bar.
- Proof Brewing Co. currently employs thirty staff members between the tasting room, the production facility and administration. This number will increase as the new facility will require additional employees and support staff as new markets are reached throughout the state of Florida and beyond.
- The Tallahassee-Leon County Office of Economic Vitality (OEV) projects that this project will have a $23 million total economic impact on the community with a total of 102 jobs.
Proof Brewing Co.’s current brewery and taproom – located at 644 McDonnell Drive | Tallahassee, Florida – will continue normal operations until renovations on the new facility are completed. Be sure to swing by the original location to support Proof Brewing Co. during this transition and stay tuned for more information concerning the grand opening of the brewery’s future site later in the year. Prost!
On Thursday, March 9 at 4 p.m., Brew Bus Brewing (4101 N. Florida Avenue, Tampa, Florida) will turn over their taps to Proof Brewing Co. (Tallahassee, Florida) to celebrate the release of Five Car Pileup Double IPA, a collaboration beer brewed in recognition of Tampa Bay Beer Week.
To provide a little lupulin fix to the many hopheads enjoying Tampa Bay Beer Week (TBBW), Brew Bus Brewing has teamed up with Proof Brewing Co. to create Five Car Pileup Double IPA exclusively for this week-long celebration. Brew Bus Brewing will officially debut this offering in their Tasting Room on March 9. Since you cannot have a party with just one beer, Brew Bus is turning this release event into a full-on Tap Takeover featuring the following nine offerings from Proof Brewing Co. alongside Five Car Pileup Double IPA:
Featured Beers from Proof Brewing Co.
- Bourbon Barrel-aged Imperial Porter w/ Coconut & Cacao
- Coffee Creatures In The Dark Stout – This fearsome beast will please every chocolate loving mortal. Bred with raw cocoa nibs, and whole vanilla beans to have incredibly dense and chocolate flavors. A depth of character, rich in mystery, Creatures in the Dark is an incredibly balanced sinister delight. This variant of the original just gets better with the addition of coffee. ABV – 8% IBUs – 45
- Eightfive-O American Pale Ale – The abundant use of Citra hops in our flagship pale ale produces bright, floral hop aroma and citrus; which combined with a crisp body and smooth bitterness create a perfectly balanced beer. Enjoy! A taste of good fortune awaits you inside. ABV – 6.5% IBUs – 60
- Ghost Totem Porter – This black cloaked porter is a balanced juxtaposition of daring flavors that will awaken the inner spirit with bold notes of espresso and toffee. Ghost Totem Porter is extremely robust and roasty with a dense and creamy mouth feel that will capture your soul. ABV – 6% IBUs – 30
- Lager – This bright Munich-style lager is brewed in homage to the classic German style. Proof’s Lager showcases a light, malty sweetness with a hint of German noble hop aroma and a crisp, clean finish which pairs perfectly with a sunny day–or any day you please. ABV – 5% IBUs – 20
- La La Land IPA – East meets West in our homage to the classic West Coast Style. La La Land features bright aromas of citrus and an abundance of fresh pine and tropical fruit notes; followed by a crisp, resinous bitterness on the finish. The robust hop profile is complimented by a firm malt presence to create an incredibly flavorful and drinkable IPA. ABV – 7% IBUs – 90
- Mango Wit – The Mango Wit is a full bodied, creamy Belgian Wit brewed with a generous amount of ripe organic mangos. The addition of fresh fruit adds a tropical flavor and revitalizing aroma. Mango Wit, the refreshing flavor of summer. ABV – 5.7% IBUs – 18
- Passion Fruit Evil Kiss – Berliner Weisse with passion fruit. ABV – 4.5%
- Thai Chili Mango Wit – The original Mango Wit gets a spicy infusion thanks to added Thai chilies. ABV – 5.7%
This Tap Takeover and Collaboration Release kicks off at 4 p.m. on March 9 and will go until either the kegs kick or the Tasting Room closes. No tickets are needed to attend as this is a pay as you go event. If you are in town for the TBBW festivities and looking for something to get into on Thursday, go ahead and make plans to swing by Brew Bus Brewing to get yourself a taste of Five Care Pileup Double IPA and the many other delicious beers from Proof Brewing Co. Prost!
Click here to check out the full list of events at Brew Bus Brewing during Tampa Bay Beer Week