At 11 a.m. on Saturday, May 12, Hidden Springs Ale Works (Tampa, Florida) will be going big once again by holding a massive can release that they are aptly calling The Mega Drop Two.
A lot of things were learned during this year’s Tampa Bay Beer Week, but a positive to come out of the insanity is that we all now know that Hidden Springs Ale Works does not screw around when it comes to can releases. The Mega Drop approach employed by the brewery that week proved to be convenient and user-friendly for all in attendance, and it is not at all surprising that it will return this weekend for Round 2.
The Mega Drop Two will consist of six Limited Release beers that will all have availability in 4-packs of 16 oz. cans. There are a lot of moving parts when it comes to this release, so let’s just go ahead and break it all down.
What – The Mega Drop Two
When – 11 a.m. on Saturday, May 12
Where – Hidden Springs Ale Works | 1631 N. Franklin St. | Tampa, Florida
- Axl Rosé – Rosé-inspired Berliner Weisse
- Deja Moo – Milk Stout with Smoked Chipotle Peppers & Cocoa Nibs
- Drone Thugs ‘N Harmony – Passionfruit & Hibiscus Berliner Weisse
- Estevey – Papaya, Lime & Vanilla Berliner Weisse
- Man Child – Peanut Butter & Jelly Berliner Weisse
- Zero Fucks Given (ZFG) – Zero IBU Pale Ale
Pricing & Limits
In order to speed up the purchase process, attendees who wish to purchase cans will have to purchase tokens for $15 each. One (1) token is good for one (1) 4-pack of cans. Tokens will be available for purchase in the back of the brewhouse during the event.
Limits for Deja Moo, Drone Thugs ‘N Harmony and Zero Fucks Given will be one case per person per brand. Limits for Axl Rosé, Estevey and Man Child will be based on turnout and established at the time of the release.
- Parking – You can park in the lot directly across the street from the brewery. Parking is also available on Franklin & Henderson just beyond Tampa St.
- The brewery asks that you please be cool to their neighbors
- While in line, hug the wall on Henderson to the right of the door (heading towards Florida). This will keep the line from disturbing normal daily activity in the area.
Alright, that should just about cover all the information currently available on The Mega Drop Two. If any changes or other details surface before the event, we will be sure to update you with that information here. Otherwise, if you head out to Hidden Springs for The Mega Drop Two on Saturday, just remember to be respectful and have a good time. Prost!