During the last two weekends in October 2018 and Halloween night, Marker 48 Brewing (Weeki Wachee, Florida) will transform to take the shape of “Darker 48: The Upside Down”, a terrifying haunted house experience that will benefit four local nonprofit groups in Hernando County.
The Darker 48 Haunted House has returned to the grounds of Marker 48 Brewing with a “gory experience” that will completely flip reality and allow “only those 18 and up . . . to traverse the town from another, stranger dimension.” The folks at the brewery are so convinced that they have “pulled out all stops for this terrifying adventure” that they will be requiring all attendees to sign a waiver before entering because “the actors can touch you. You cannot touch them back.”
The schedule for Darker 48: The Upside Down is as follows:
- Thursday, October 18 – 8:30 p.m. to 11:30 p.m. | VIP night | $25 per person
- Friday, October 19 – 8:30 p.m. to Midnight | General Admission | $10 per person
- Saturday, October 20 – 8:30 p.m. to Midnight | General Admission | $10 per person
- Thursday, October 25 – 8:30 p.m. to 11:30 p.m. | VIP night | $25 per person
- Friday, October 26 – 8:30 p.m. to Midnight | General Admission | $10 per person
- Saturday, October 27 – 8:30 p.m. to Midnight | General Admission | $10 per person
- Wednesday, October 31 – 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. | Family friendly experience & all ages welcome | Ages 10 & under free, all others $5 per person
**Please keep in mind that Halloween night is the ONLY date that will be family friendly. All other nights will be 18 & up with no exceptions.**
VIP Nights require that you purchase a ticket in advance and you can secure yours by clicking here. A VIP ticket “includes shorter wait times, a Darker 48 pint glass, one drink token, and a Darker 48 shirt.” VIP tickets will be limited.
General Admission Nights are pay at the door and cash only. (NOTE: Ticket sales on general admission nights will stop before the haunted house closes; timing will vary, depending on the lines.)
All proceeds from the Darker 48 Haunted House will go to four local Hernando County nonprofit organizations: The ARC Nature Coast, NAMI Hernando, United Way Hernando and Children’s Advocacy Hernando.
Several of the Darker 48 event nights will also feature live music, costume contests and/or food trucks. You can keep track of all information and updates on those happenings by following the Darker 48 event page on Facebook.
You are now armed with all the information needed to enter Darker 48: The Upside Down . . . but surviving the experience is totally up to you. If you feel that you have what it takes to get to the other side, lock down a date with your friends, secure some tickets if necessary, and just have a great time as you help raise funds for the very worthy causes of local nonprofits. Prost!