Proof Brewing Co. (Tallahassee, Florida) has officially announced that it will hold a grand opening celebration for its massive new facility at 1320 South Monroe Street during the weekend of February 8.
After nearly a year of renovations and $6 million invested, Proof Brewing is finally ready to reveal all that it has done to revitalize the 34,000 square foot historical building – an abandoned Coca-Cola Bottling Facility built in 1948 – “centrally located near the redevelopment of South Monroe and the downtown district” of Tallahassee. This new expanded brewing facility will up Proof Brewing’s game with the following features and opportunities (this information was sourced directly from the brewery’s press release):
- The larger building and additional fermentation capacity will allow brewery staff to expand production of Proof Brewing Co.’s core lineup of bold and flavorful beers. La La Land West Coast-style IPA and Lager will be added to the core lineup of cans next to the wildly popular Eightfive-0 American Pale Ale and Mango Wit Belgian-Style Wit in the months following the facility’s opening. Additional package varieties will be added for the tasting room and distribution release.
- The inclusion of a $150,000 onsite lab and centrifuge will increase the efficiency and consistency of every beer. The new technology will significantly improve the shelf stability and production quality.
- The larger tasting room will feature a full bar pouring twenty-four beer taps, wine, house sangria, and hand-crafted cocktails. Brewery tours will begin in the new merchandise area where fans can access growler, crowler, and package varieties to-go. Guests can relax in the all-weathered covered patio and enjoy over 8000 square feet of beer garden space.
- A new private event space will offer guests a stunning atmosphere to host engagement, holiday, retirement, and birthday parties as well as corporate meetings and events, with views into the brewery and access to a private beer garden.
- Proof Brewing has partnered with local chefs to open a new onsite restaurant concept called Proper. Proper will also be available for catered private events and dinners in the new event space.
- As growth in the new facility continues, additional employees and support staff will grow when new markets are reached throughout the state of Florida and beyond.
“From day one our intention has been to give Tallahassee the most outstanding beer possible. Through the dedication of our team and the evolution of growth, that is now a reality. This growth ultimately means a higher quality of life and improved work conditions for our entire team as well as offering all of Tallahassee a welcoming and relaxing space to enjoy world class beer,” said Byron & Angela Burroughs, Proof Brewing Company founders. “We can’t wait for you to experience our new forever home.”
The grand opening of Proof Brewing’s new facility at 1320 South Monroe Street will begin on Friday, February 8 and carry throughout the weekend. After the grand opening, the new brewery and taproom will have expanded hours of operation and be open seven days a week. Due to the move, Proof Brewing Co.’s previous location at Railroad Square is no longer operational. Prost!