Another week brings with it another wave of beer calendars, and this one is kicking off with the 2019 Release Calendar from Bell’s Brewery (Comstock, Michigan).
Just as we do with all beer calendars in these parts, we have published Bell’s 2019 Release Calendar in its entirety below for you to thumb through whenever you have the opportunity. With that said, we feel it is our duty to briefly go over a few important highlights before turning you over to that document. Let’s get to it:
- Things get off to a proper start with the annual limited release of Hopslam Ale. Click here to view the 2019 Shipping Schedule for this always highly sought-after brew.
- Bell’s Official Hazy IPA will join the brewery’s Year-Round portfolio in February. This Hazy India Pale Ale “is double dry-hopped (a combination of Mosaic, Citra, Azacca, Amarillo and El Dorado hops) resulting in complex peach, stone fruit and tropical notes with a dry finish and balanced bitterness.” Official Hazy IPA (6.4% ABV) will be available in 6-packs & 12-packs of 12 oz. cans, 6-packs & 12-packs of 12 oz. bottles and on draft.
- Larry’s Latest Flamingo Fruit Fight – “a new tart Fruit Ale brewed with passionfruit and lime zest” – is beginning its Seasonal run now and is scheduled to hang around into the month of March 2019.
- Hopheads will be happy to hear that Double Two Hearted, a Double IPA version of the brewery’s classic Two Hearted Ale, will debut in bottles (4-packs of 12 oz. bottles) for the first time in July. Double Two Hearted is a Specialty Release that will be available as long as supplies last.
- After a two year hiatus, Sparkleberry, a Belgian-style Tripel Ale brewed with Raspberries, will return for a limited time in June.
- Smitten Ale, a Golden Rye Pale Ale, will return in May as a part of Bell’s Brewery’s lineup of Rotating Specialties.
- Finally, Bell’s will roll out the “Leaves of Grass” Series later this year. There is not a lot of information available on this series at this time, but here is what Larry Bell had to say about it:
“This is just a preview of coming attractions, though not all of them are ready to share just yet. We still have a few more surprises to come,” Larry Bell, President and Founder of Bell’s Brewery said. “A few years ago we debuted The Planets Series, beers inspired by the work of Gustav Holst. This year, we’re going to introduce a new series inspired by the arts, but this time a little closer to home.”
“Our Leaves of Grass series will kick off later this year, we’ll have more to share on that soon,” he added.
That should just about cover everything we wanted to go over for this one, but there is still a good amount of information left for you to uncover on the calendar below. Be sure to check it out that way you are fully prepared for all the releases headed your way from Bell’s Brewery in 2019. Prost!