Champion Brewing Company (Charlottesville, Virginia) has officially announced that it has partnered with Progressive Distribution and will begin distributing in the state of Florida in mid-August.
Known as “Virginia’s most progressive brewery,” Champion Brewing Company is “obsessed with creating the highest quality beer through expertise and creativity.” Champion’s production facility – armed with a 30-barrel brewhouse currently operating at a capacity of 15,000 barrels per year – produces a wide variety of Core and Seasonal offerings while its tap room breweries – Brasserie Saison in Charlottesville and Richmond Tap Room – offer “constantly changing and innovative Seasonals, One-offs, and Barrel-aged Wild Beers.” With the addition of Florida, Champion Brewing Company is now available in ten states and Washington, D.C.
Champion will launch in the Sunshine State with the following offerings (descriptions sourced directly from the brewery’s website):
- Shower Beer – Perfect for any relaxing occasion, this Bohemian Pilsner sings with fresh, clean maltiness and spicy flavor and aroma contributions from 100% traditional Czech Saaz hops. Aged cold on lager yeast for weeks for maximum refreshment. If you’ve never had a Shower Beer, it’s high time. ABV – 4.5% IBUs – 35
- Missile IPA – An American India Pale Ale with firm bitterness and intense citrusy hop aromas. Made with 2-Row Pale Ale malt and dry-hopped with Simcoe, Cascade, Summit, and more for the full experience of an American IPA. ABV – 7% IBUs – 65
- True Love Mexican Lager – A party in a can. Clean and refreshing Lager Beer inspired by classics from south of the border and brewed with our friends at Cockfight Skateboards. Enjoy with a lime or as is. ABV – 4.5% IBUs – 20
- Wheeze the Juice – A Juicy IPA dry-hopped for maximum flavor with Mandarina Bavaria, El Dorado, and Cascade hops. ABV – 6.4% IBUs – 54
- In addition to the Core offerings listed above, the brewery will enter Florida with a limited selection of “Seasonal and Limited Release brews”
“We are beyond excited for the opportunity to represent and introduce Champion Brewing Company, to the State of Florida,” said Mike Paul, Progressive’s head of key accounts and strategic development. “Their high-quality, innovative beers and collaborative spirit will definitely resonate with consumers and our retail partners, here in the sunshine state.”
“Florida is such a great state for the Champion brand,” said Champion Brewing Company owner, Hunter Smith. “We’re psyched to work with Progressive and be among their portfolio of carefully curated beers.”
With Progressive Distribution handling all distribution responsibilities, Champion Brewing Company will begin its Florida roll out with a series of launch events during the week of August 13. You can expect to find Champion offerings available in their respective packaging formats and on draft at craft beer-friendly retailers, restaurants and bars located throughout the state of Florida. Prost!