Bent Water Brewing Co. (Lynn, Massachusetts) has officially announced that it has partnered with Progressive Distribution so that it can begin distribution in Florida immediately.
Founded in 2015, Bent Water Brewing Co. decided to “plant [their] passion” in Lynn, Massachusetts due to the area’s “rich industrial history and superior water source.” That precious water source quickly shaped the brewery’s core beliefs around the idea that “every beer begins with water, and with careful, creative manipulation, [Bent Water Brewing Co. bends] water into unique, flavorful brews.” After spending the last few years executing their mission and endearing themselves to craft beer fans in Massachusetts and New Hampshire, Bent Water will venture out of New England for the first time and send their wildly popular beers to Florida.
Bent Water Brewing Co. will enter the Sunshine State with the following two flagship offerings (descriptions sourced directly from the brewery’s website):
- Sluice Juice | New England IPA – With aromatics of orange, tangerine and lime peel, Sluice Juice is our juicy, hazy and smooth New England IPA. ABV – 6.2%
- Thunder Funk | West Coast-style IPA – Brewed with four hop varieties and three different malts, Thunder Funk pours a hazy orange color with a thick head. Its nose offers mango, citrus, pine and a touch of honey. Juicy hops supported by a soft malt backbone deliver mango, passion fruit, slight biscuit and a lingering bitterness. ABV – 7.2%
“We’re really excited about getting down to Florida,” said Aaron Reames, co-founder and President, Bent Water Brewing. “It’s a really dynamic environment with a lot of enthusiasm for great beer. We also know a lot of people from the Northeast like to vacation or snowbird down there, and we think they’ll like a chance to support one of their hometown breweries.”
Progressive Distribution will handle all distribution responsibilities for Bent Water Brewing Co. in Florida. You can expect to find Sluice Juice and Thunder Funk available at select craft beer-focused establishments located throughout the state of Florida beginning in August 2020. Prost!
Champion Brewing Company (Charlottesville, Virginia) has officially announced that it has partnered with Progressive Distribution and will begin distributing in the state of Florida in mid-August.
Known as “Virginia’s most progressive brewery,” Champion Brewing Company is “obsessed with creating the highest quality beer through expertise and creativity.” Champion’s production facility – armed with a 30-barrel brewhouse currently operating at a capacity of 15,000 barrels per year – produces a wide variety of Core and Seasonal offerings while its tap room breweries – Brasserie Saison in Charlottesville and Richmond Tap Room – offer “constantly changing and innovative Seasonals, One-offs, and Barrel-aged Wild Beers.” With the addition of Florida, Champion Brewing Company is now available in ten states and Washington, D.C.
Champion will launch in the Sunshine State with the following offerings (descriptions sourced directly from the brewery’s website):
- Shower Beer – Perfect for any relaxing occasion, this Bohemian Pilsner sings with fresh, clean maltiness and spicy flavor and aroma contributions from 100% traditional Czech Saaz hops. Aged cold on lager yeast for weeks for maximum refreshment. If you’ve never had a Shower Beer, it’s high time. ABV – 4.5% IBUs – 35
- Missile IPA – An American India Pale Ale with firm bitterness and intense citrusy hop aromas. Made with 2-Row Pale Ale malt and dry-hopped with Simcoe, Cascade, Summit, and more for the full experience of an American IPA. ABV – 7% IBUs – 65
- True Love Mexican Lager – A party in a can. Clean and refreshing Lager Beer inspired by classics from south of the border and brewed with our friends at Cockfight Skateboards. Enjoy with a lime or as is. ABV – 4.5% IBUs – 20
- Wheeze the Juice – A Juicy IPA dry-hopped for maximum flavor with Mandarina Bavaria, El Dorado, and Cascade hops. ABV – 6.4% IBUs – 54
- In addition to the Core offerings listed above, the brewery will enter Florida with a limited selection of “Seasonal and Limited Release brews”
“We are beyond excited for the opportunity to represent and introduce Champion Brewing Company, to the State of Florida,” said Mike Paul, Progressive’s head of key accounts and strategic development. “Their high-quality, innovative beers and collaborative spirit will definitely resonate with consumers and our retail partners, here in the sunshine state.”
“Florida is such a great state for the Champion brand,” said Champion Brewing Company owner, Hunter Smith. “We’re psyched to work with Progressive and be among their portfolio of carefully curated beers.”
With Progressive Distribution handling all distribution responsibilities, Champion Brewing Company will begin its Florida roll out with a series of launch events during the week of August 13. You can expect to find Champion offerings available in their respective packaging formats and on draft at craft beer-friendly retailers, restaurants and bars located throughout the state of Florida. Prost!
DESTIHL Brewery (Bloomington, Illinois) has officially partnered with Progressive Distribution to expand distribution of their products across the state of Florida.
Previously only having availability in South Florida, DESTIHL Brewery is finally in a place where they can extend their reach across the state. This development has been made possible now that DESTIHL will soon be opening a new 47,000 sq. ft. production facility in Normal, Illinois. This new facility will make it so the brewery can support new markets by increasing production of core year-round offerings, the wildly popular Wild Sour Series, and their lineup of specialty releases.
“Building the new production brewery is enabling us to move forward again with our expansion into new, exciting markets like Florida”, said DESTIHL’s Founder, Brewmaster and CEO, Matt Potts. “We look forward to this opportunity for DESTIHL beers to widely be available in this state, which has had many fans seeking our beers for years. The key in making this happen was to team up with a new distribution company that is set up for success with an experienced group of founders who are very passionate about our beers.”
DESTIHL’s expanded Florida distribution is effective as of January 23. 12 oz. cans of the following DESTIHL offerings should be available at launch: Abbey’s Single, Hoperation Overload Double IPA, Weissenheimer Hefeweizen, Wild Sour Series – Flanders Red, Wild Sour Series – Here Gose Nothin’, Wild Sour Series – Lynnbrook, Wild Sour Series – Plum Sour Stout, Wild Sour Series – Synchopathic, and Vertex IPA. Progressive Distribution will handle all distribution responsibilities for DESTIHL Brewery in these new Florida markets: Tampa, St. Pete, Sarasota, Naples, Orlando, Space Coast, Jacksonville, Ocala, and the Panhandle.
There are sure to be plenty of launch events turning up across the state in the coming weeks. As soon as DESTIHL and Progressive Distribution release any information concerning upcoming events, we will be sure to update you here. Stay tuned. Prost!