7venth Sun Brewery (Dunedin & Tampa, Florida) will celebrate its 6th Anniversary on Sunday, January 7 with parties to be held at both brewery locations.
Devon Kreps and Justin Stange established 7venth Sun Brewery in Dunedin back in 2012. Although they originally intended to open a large production facility at that time, the country’s housing and economic problems made it nearly impossible for them to secure funding. The two ultimately decided to start small, and this “proved serendipitous as it allowed the creation of a wide variety of styles” and an opportunity to be at the forefront of the “Florida Weisse” movement. This approach quickly endeared them to the area’s craft beer community and gave the brewery the chance to grow at its own pace. And grow it did. In August of 2017, Kreps and Stange opened a beautiful facility in the Seminole Heights area of Tampa to give 7venth Sun two locations that each have their own independent charm and personality. They have since installed and refurbished some foeders, shifted focus to barrel-aged beers (both sour and spirit-aged), started canning, and remain dedicated to “[pushing] the limits of style descriptions and categories” through innovation and creativity.
With all of that said, it is obvious that everything leading up to the brewery’s 6th anniversary has given the folks at 7venth Sun Brewery plenty to celebrate with their fans. Since this 6th Anniversary Party will take place simultaneously at two locations, we have a good amount of details to go over. So . . . let’s break it all down:
What – 7venth Sun Brewery 6th Anniversary Party
Where – 7venth Sun Brewery – Dunedin: 1012 Broadway, Dunedin, Florida; and 7venth Sun Brewery – Tampa: 6809 N Nebraska Ave, Tampa, Florida
When – Sunday, January 7 from noon to 10 p.m. at 7venth Sun Brewery – Dunedin; noon to 11 p.m. at 7venth Sun Brewery – Tampa
You simply cannot have a brewery anniversary party without a killer tap list, and it is quite clear that the good people at 7venth Sun are more than aware of this requirement. Here’s what they have in store for those attending the festivities:
- Real Men Wear Skirts Scotch Ale, collaboration with Terrapin Beer Co.
- Partners In Crime: Pineapple Mango Foedre Aged Beer
- Bank’s Closed: Saison fermented with Chardonnay grape must
- Just A Phase: Foedre Aged Farmhouse Saison blend
- I’ll Show you Mine Belgian Quadruple, collaboration with Hidden Springs Ale Works
- Sakura Obscura: Pomegranate Cherry Berliner
- Electric Wizard: Strawberry Citra IPA
- First Date: Salted Caramel and Espresso Imperial Sweet Stout
- Welcome to the Galaxy: Citrus Session IPA
- Tropical Chronical: Mango, Passionfruit, Guava, Coconut Berliner
- Barrel Aged Farmhouse Blend #2: Blended Barrel Aged Farmhouse
- Chain Mail Dessert: Peanut Butter Fudge Imperial Sweet Stout
- Saison in Paradise: Saison brewed with Grains of Paradise
- I’m Positively Loopy IPL
- Ocean Front Property: Hoppy Amarillo Wheat
- Vanilla Wizard: Vanilla Strawberry Citra IPA
- Made in the 7un: Barleywine aged on whole bean coffee by Made
- Pseudo Basic: Coffee Vanilla Imperial Sweet Stout
- Saison Caribe: Brett Saison brewed with Hibiscus and Lime zest
- Intergalactic: Galaxy Session IPA
- Stange Beer: Kolsch
- Brewers Lager
- Pandora’s Punch: Lemon, lime, pineapple Berliner
- Under the Lights: Guava Saison
- Vultures from the Past Bourbon Barrel Aged Barleywine
- The Klaw Imperial Stout
- Barrel Aged Farmhouse Blend #1: Blended Barrel Aged Farmhouse
- Sugar Britches Imperial Sweet Stout
- Graffiti Orange Creamsicle Wheat
- Headbanger IPA
- Time Bomb Session IPA with Citra and Nelson
- Mangrove Double IPA
Other Fun Stuff
- The party at the Tampa location will also have food trucks on site throughout the day and feature live musical entertainment from Ramblegrass Band (2 p.m. to 6 p.m.).
- The party at the Dunedin location will be focused more on the tap list and serving as a chance to have a “Sunday Funday” with all those in attendance.
The 7venth Sun 6th Anniversary Party is free to attend at both locations. This is a come as you are and pay as you go event.
That should just about cover all the information that is currently available. More details are sure to surface as we get closer to Sunday’s 7venth Sun 6th Anniversary Party, and we will be sure to update this post with that information just as soon as we have it. Stay tuned.
We hope to see you all on Sunday as we raise a glass with crew at 7venth Sun to six great years and the many more ahead. Prost!