The crew at Angry Chair Brewing is breaking out the big guns for Tampa Bay Beer Week and they will come in the form of four extremely limited, barrel-aged bottle releases: Barrel-Aged Fionn, Barrel-Aged Rocky Road, Double Barrel Popinski and Barrel-Aged Imperial German Chocolate Cupcake Stout. Each of these beers will have its own dedicated bottle release, and with that – like all Angry Chair happenings – comes with a lot to go over. Let’s break it all down so that you are armed with all the information necessary to secure these brews.
Date, Time & Beer
- Monday, March 5 at Noon: Barrel-Aged Fionn, an Imperial Hazelnut & Coffee Porter aged in Bourbon Barrels (10% ABV). $30 per bottle
UPDATE – Monday will also see the release of CLN LVN (a.k.a. Clean Living) – An Imperial Sweet Stout with Pistachio & Vaniila Beans brewed in collaboration with Late Start Brewing (10% ABV). $22 per bottle **UPDATE**
- Tuesday, March 6 at
Noon(UPDATE 03.06.18 – Due to an early forming line that has disrupted daily activity in the neighborhood, Angry Chair moved this release up to just after 9 a.m. There WILL NOT be a release at Noon. The release has already taken place.) : Barrel-Aged Rocky Road, an Imperial Sweet Stout with Cacao Nibs, Marshmallow & Walnuts aged in Bourbon Barrels (10% ABV). $35 per bottle
- Wednesday, March 7 at 9 a.m.**: Double Barrel Popinski, a Russian Imperial Stout aged in Bourbon Barrels & then Maple Rum Barrels (10% ABV). $35 per bottle
- Thursday, March 8 at
9 a.m.**(**UPDATE 03.08.18 – Yet again, due to an early forming line, the release was moved up so that the brewery could clear the crowd out of the neighborhood before it further impacted daily activity. There WILL NOT be a release at 9 a.m. The release has already taken place): Barrel Aged Imperial German Chocolate Cupcake Stout, an Imperial Sweet Stout with Cacao Nibs, Coconut & Vanilla Beans aged in Bourbon Barrels (11% ABV). $35 per bottle
**UPDATE 03.06.18** Due to a massive line that formed incredibly early for Tuesday’s release, Angry Chair has moved the Wednesday and Thursday releases to 9 a.m. out of respect for their neighbors. **UPDATE 03.06.18**
Useful Info for ALL Releases
- All of the bottle releases above will be held at Angry Chair Brewing | 6401 N Florida Ave | Tampa, Florida
- The bottle releases will be for BOTTLE SALES ONLY
- Bottle limits will be set day of & will be determined by how many people are in line
- Please bring CASH. This expedites the process & keeps the line moving
- If the brewery hits capacity, Angry Chair will have no choice but to adjust accordingly. They will potentially have to move to the “one in, one out” scenario.
- Angry Chair will open for normal hours after the Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday releases. The beer released that day will be put on tap when they open. This does not apply to the Thursday release because the brewery will be hosting a private event later that day
- Please be respectful of Angry Chair’s neighbors, staff & customers
- DO NOT litter while in line
- DO NOT block walkways or driveways while in line
- Parking at Angry Chair is limited & the brewery asks that you respect the parking situation
- DO NOT park on Fern
- DO NOT park at Trip’s Diner
- DO NOT park in the plaza that houses Rooster & the Till and Urban Bungalow
- There is some street parking available throughout the neighborhoods (other than on Fern), but please be respectful of the people that live there by not blocking their driveways, mailboxes, sidewalks, etc.
If any more details surface before these releases, we will do our best to update you here with that information just as soon as we have it. You can also follow Angry Chair’s Facebook page for up-to-date information.
Fair Warning: A massive crowd always seems to find its way to a bottle release at Angry Chair, and Tampa Bay Beer Week will most likely just add to that crowd’s numbers and increase the likelihood that these beers will sell out quickly. With that in mind, if there is a beer or several beers on the list above that you are interested in, just make sure that you are on time, patient, respectful and have a good time. Good luck out there, guys and gals. Prost!