On Thursday, March 9 at 4 p.m., Brew Bus Brewing (4101 N. Florida Avenue, Tampa, Florida) will turn over their taps to Proof Brewing Co. (Tallahassee, Florida) to celebrate the release of Five Car Pileup Double IPA, a collaboration beer brewed in recognition of Tampa Bay Beer Week.
To provide a little lupulin fix to the many hopheads enjoying Tampa Bay Beer Week (TBBW), Brew Bus Brewing has teamed up with Proof Brewing Co. to create Five Car Pileup Double IPA exclusively for this week-long celebration. Brew Bus Brewing will officially debut this offering in their Tasting Room on March 9. Since you cannot have a party with just one beer, Brew Bus is turning this release event into a full-on Tap Takeover featuring the following nine offerings from Proof Brewing Co. alongside Five Car Pileup Double IPA:
Featured Beers from Proof Brewing Co.
- Bourbon Barrel-aged Imperial Porter w/ Coconut & Cacao
- Coffee Creatures In The Dark Stout – This fearsome beast will please every chocolate loving mortal. Bred with raw cocoa nibs, and whole vanilla beans to have incredibly dense and chocolate flavors. A depth of character, rich in mystery, Creatures in the Dark is an incredibly balanced sinister delight. This variant of the original just gets better with the addition of coffee. ABV – 8% IBUs – 45
- Eightfive-O American Pale Ale – The abundant use of Citra hops in our flagship pale ale produces bright, floral hop aroma and citrus; which combined with a crisp body and smooth bitterness create a perfectly balanced beer. Enjoy! A taste of good fortune awaits you inside. ABV – 6.5% IBUs – 60
- Ghost Totem Porter – This black cloaked porter is a balanced juxtaposition of daring flavors that will awaken the inner spirit with bold notes of espresso and toffee. Ghost Totem Porter is extremely robust and roasty with a dense and creamy mouth feel that will capture your soul. ABV – 6% IBUs – 30
- Lager – This bright Munich-style lager is brewed in homage to the classic German style. Proof’s Lager showcases a light, malty sweetness with a hint of German noble hop aroma and a crisp, clean finish which pairs perfectly with a sunny day–or any day you please. ABV – 5% IBUs – 20
- La La Land IPA – East meets West in our homage to the classic West Coast Style. La La Land features bright aromas of citrus and an abundance of fresh pine and tropical fruit notes; followed by a crisp, resinous bitterness on the finish. The robust hop profile is complimented by a firm malt presence to create an incredibly flavorful and drinkable IPA. ABV – 7% IBUs – 90
- Mango Wit – The Mango Wit is a full bodied, creamy Belgian Wit brewed with a generous amount of ripe organic mangos. The addition of fresh fruit adds a tropical flavor and revitalizing aroma. Mango Wit, the refreshing flavor of summer. ABV – 5.7% IBUs – 18
- Passion Fruit Evil Kiss – Berliner Weisse with passion fruit. ABV – 4.5%
- Thai Chili Mango Wit – The original Mango Wit gets a spicy infusion thanks to added Thai chilies. ABV – 5.7%
This Tap Takeover and Collaboration Release kicks off at 4 p.m. on March 9 and will go until either the kegs kick or the Tasting Room closes. No tickets are needed to attend as this is a pay as you go event. If you are in town for the TBBW festivities and looking for something to get into on Thursday, go ahead and make plans to swing by Brew Bus Brewing to get yourself a taste of Five Care Pileup Double IPA and the many other delicious beers from Proof Brewing Co. Prost!