Oskar Blues Brewery (Longmont, Colorado) has officially announced that its CANundrum variety pack, now a mixed 15-pack thanks to the addition of G’Knight Imperial Red IPA, will head out for distribution on September 1.
Previously released by Oskar Blues as a 12-pack, CANundrum is back and this time it is sporting three 12 oz. cans of each of the following “five straight-shooting brews” (descriptions sourced from the brewery’s website):
- Dale’s Pale Ale – Dale’s Pale Ale is our defiant, proud, voluminously hopped mutha of a pale ale. If you’re looking for a fistful of flavor, look no further than this hopped-up trail ride. It delivers a hoppy nose and assertive-but-balanced flavors of pale malts and citrusy floral hops from the first sip to the final swig (6.5 % ABV and 65 IBUs). Dale’s Pale Ale is the beer that started it all.
- Mama’s Little Yella Pils – Yaya raised a rebel who grew up to have dirt on his face, sweat on his brow, and beer in his blood. That’s why Mama’s Little Yella Pils is an uncompromising, hand crafted version of the great Pilsner beers of Bavaria and Bohemia. Unlike mass market pilsners diluted with corn and rice, Mama’s is built on pilsner and honey malt then hopped with Saaz and Aramis hops. While it’s rich with flavor, its 33 IBUs and 4.7% ABV make it a luxurious but low-dose (by Oskar Blues standards) refresher. It’s damn good, crushable beer. Take two and call us in the morning.
- Pinner Throwback IPA – PINNER Throwback IPA is as close as you’re ever gonna get to tasting some twisted up calm in the Oskar Blues chaos. We crammed so much damn aroma—and boatloads of hop & malt flavor—into this beer, but we kept it crushable too. At 4.9% ABV and 35 IBUs, this edgy-yet-easygoing, drinkable IPA uses an array of hops to target its ever-evolving flavor. With tropical fruits, citrus juices, pineapple and spice berry up front in the aroma and flavor, the biscuit & toasted bread at the back balance out all the hops and make for a great finish just in time to blaze on to your next can of PINNER.
- Oskar Blues IPA – Trailblazers don’t torch a new passageway and then stop; they keep finding new ways in and new ways back out. That’s exactly what we did with our metamodern IPA conceived of hand-selected hops from down under. Malt barley and red wheat combine to create a clean malt backbone with a foolproof flavor and mouthfeel to support America’s sneak peek at Enigma, Vic Secret, Ella and Galaxy hops. The hops strum juicy and sweet aromas with headline notes of passion fruit, raspberries, pineapple and citrus. This intense, straight-up strain is Oskar Blues IPA (6.43% ABV). Smash a Blue Ferrigno… and it’ll smash back.
- G’Knight Imperial Red IPA (in a mixed pack for the first time) – Our ‘Velvet M-80’ is a hefty, dry hopped double-red IPA with a nose full of aroma, a sticky mouthfeel, a malty middle and unctuous hop flavors. G’Knight sports a surprisingly sensuous finish for a beer of its size (8.7% ABV, 60 IBUs). It’s brewed in tribute to a fellow Colorado craft beer pioneer and Vietnam vet who died fighting a 2002 wild fire outside of our Lyons hometown.
The CANundrum Variety 15-pack will begin hitting shelves on September 1, 2018. You can expect to find this mixed pack at craft beer-friendly retailers located in Alabama, Florida, Colorado, North Carolina, Texas and throughout the rest of Oskar Blues Brewery’s nationwide distribution area. Prost!