Oskar Blues Brewery (Longmont, Colorado) has officially announced that it will add Double Dale’s Imperial IPA to its Year-Round lineup in late January 2022.
Developed to celebrate two decades of the brewery’s legendary Dale’s Pale Ale, Double Dale’s is an Imperial India Pale Ale “brewed with juicy, tropical El Dorado and complex Talus hops, keeping with the Dale’s tradition of utilizing only American hops.” Clocking in at 9% ABV, Double Dale’s “[turns] the industry upside down again, doubling down on hops with a newly formulated, massive IPA worthy of the legendary original craft beer in a can.”
“It’s impossible to improve upon such a classic recipe, so we went in a slightly different direction with Double Dale’s,” said Oskar Blues Lyons’ Head Brewer Juice Drapeau, who piloted the new beer at the brewery’s original Lyons, Colo. location. “Double Dale’s captures some of the citrus and caramel character of Dale’s, while achieving its own unique flavor profile and identity. We wanted to create something new and fresh that would live up to the legacy Dale’s Pale Ale created – most importantly being a boundary stomping, hopped-up beer.”
Double Dale’s is rolling out now and will be available Year-Round in 19.2 oz. cans, 6-packs of 12 oz. cans and on draft at craft beer-focused establishments located in Alabama, Florida, Colorado, North Carolina, Texas and throughout the rest of Oskar Blues Brewery’s nationwide distribution network. Prost!
Vital Information for Double Dale’s from Oskar Blues Brewery
Release – Year-Round; launching January 2022
Style – Imperial India Pale Ale
ABV – 9%
Featured Hops – El Dorado & Talus
Fun Fact – “Two decades ago, Oskar Blues Brewery sent shockwaves through the beer industry when they packed Dale’s Pale Ale into a can. It was then an unheard-of packaging decision, but the reasons were obvious to the OB team: it allowed everyone to easily take craft beer on the trail AND it delivered a fresher beer.”
Availability – 19.2 oz. cans, 6-packs of 12 oz. cans & draft
Beer Finder – https://www.oskarblues.com/beer-finder/
CANarchy Craft Brewery Collective (Longmont, Colorado) has officially announced the release of the CANarchy Mixed Pack – VOL. 1, a mixed 12-pack that includes beers from Cigar City Brewing, Oskar Blues Brewery, Perrin Brewing Company, and Squatters Craft Beers.
The CANarchy Mixed Pack – VOL. 1 marks the first time that the CANarchy Craft Brewery Collective – a group of craft breweries who have come together to stay independent – has represented four CANarchy breweries in one box. The first in what is sure to be a rotating series of 12-pack compilations, CANarchy Mixed Pack – VOL. 1 contains the following “assortment of CANarchist brews” (descriptions sourced from press release):
The CANarchy Mixed Pack – VOL. 1 contains three (3) 12 oz. cans of each beer listed above. This new mixed 12-pack will begin hitting craft beer shelves in North Carolina and Florida on September 1 and wider distribution is expected “soon”. Prost!
Oskar Blues Brewery (Longmont, Colorado) has officially announced that its CANundrum variety pack, now a mixed 15-pack thanks to the addition of G’Knight Imperial Red IPA, will head out for distribution on September 1.
Previously released by Oskar Blues as a 12-pack, CANundrum is back and this time it is sporting three 12 oz. cans of each of the following “five straight-shooting brews” (descriptions sourced from the brewery’s website):
- Dale’s Pale Ale – Dale’s Pale Ale is our defiant, proud, voluminously hopped mutha of a pale ale. If you’re looking for a fistful of flavor, look no further than this hopped-up trail ride. It delivers a hoppy nose and assertive-but-balanced flavors of pale malts and citrusy floral hops from the first sip to the final swig (6.5 % ABV and 65 IBUs). Dale’s Pale Ale is the beer that started it all.
- Mama’s Little Yella Pils – Yaya raised a rebel who grew up to have dirt on his face, sweat on his brow, and beer in his blood. That’s why Mama’s Little Yella Pils is an uncompromising, hand crafted version of the great Pilsner beers of Bavaria and Bohemia. Unlike mass market pilsners diluted with corn and rice, Mama’s is built on pilsner and honey malt then hopped with Saaz and Aramis hops. While it’s rich with flavor, its 33 IBUs and 4.7% ABV make it a luxurious but low-dose (by Oskar Blues standards) refresher. It’s damn good, crushable beer. Take two and call us in the morning.
- Pinner Throwback IPA – PINNER Throwback IPA is as close as you’re ever gonna get to tasting some twisted up calm in the Oskar Blues chaos. We crammed so much damn aroma—and boatloads of hop & malt flavor—into this beer, but we kept it crushable too. At 4.9% ABV and 35 IBUs, this edgy-yet-easygoing, drinkable IPA uses an array of hops to target its ever-evolving flavor. With tropical fruits, citrus juices, pineapple and spice berry up front in the aroma and flavor, the biscuit & toasted bread at the back balance out all the hops and make for a great finish just in time to blaze on to your next can of PINNER.
- Oskar Blues IPA – Trailblazers don’t torch a new passageway and then stop; they keep finding new ways in and new ways back out. That’s exactly what we did with our metamodern IPA conceived of hand-selected hops from down under. Malt barley and red wheat combine to create a clean malt backbone with a foolproof flavor and mouthfeel to support America’s sneak peek at Enigma, Vic Secret, Ella and Galaxy hops. The hops strum juicy and sweet aromas with headline notes of passion fruit, raspberries, pineapple and citrus. This intense, straight-up strain is Oskar Blues IPA (6.43% ABV). Smash a Blue Ferrigno… and it’ll smash back.
- G’Knight Imperial Red IPA (in a mixed pack for the first time) – Our ‘Velvet M-80’ is a hefty, dry hopped double-red IPA with a nose full of aroma, a sticky mouthfeel, a malty middle and unctuous hop flavors. G’Knight sports a surprisingly sensuous finish for a beer of its size (8.7% ABV, 60 IBUs). It’s brewed in tribute to a fellow Colorado craft beer pioneer and Vietnam vet who died fighting a 2002 wild fire outside of our Lyons hometown.
The CANundrum Variety 15-pack will begin hitting shelves on September 1, 2018. You can expect to find this mixed pack at craft beer-friendly retailers located in Alabama, Florida, Colorado, North Carolina, Texas and throughout the rest of Oskar Blues Brewery’s nationwide distribution area. Prost!