Stone Brewing (Escondido, California) recently announced that it has officially begun the Limited Release of Stone Loral & Dr. Rudi’s Inevitable Adventure Double IPA.
Emerging as an unlikely union of new and old hop varietals, Stone Loral & Dr. Rudi’s Inevitable Adventure Double IPA introduces the popular and trendy Loral hop (released in 2016) to the long-standing old timer known as Dr. Rudi (a.k.a. Super Alpha, available since 1976). With 40 years separating these two hops, shenanigans ensue as this Double India Pale Ale plays Loral’s tones of “citrus, peach and . . . fresh berries” against Dr. Rudi’s “classic piney and herbal notes.” As unexpected as it may be, Stone Loral & Dr. Rudi’s Inevitable Adventure Double IPA comes together to be “refreshing, crisp and smooth with mild bitterness and an ABV (8.9%) that boosts the overall aromas and flavors of this inevitable adventure.”
“We have been a bit obsessed with Loral hops lately,” said Jeremy Moynier, Stone Brewing Senior Innovation Manager. “We’re loving its bright, floral qualities and have been impressed with the hop on its own and blended with others. Dr. Rudi is an older hop, one we haven’t used much lately and we were blown away by how the two complement one another – a good example of how sometimes opposites attract.”
Stone Loral & Dr. Rudi’s Inevitable Adventure Double IPA is officially available now and will hang around into the month of June. You can expect to find this Limited Release available in 22 oz. bottles, 6-packs of 12 oz. bottles and on draft at select craft beer establishments located in Alabama, Florida, California, Virginia, and throughout the rest of Stone Brewing’s nationwide distribution area. Prost!
Vital Information for Stone Loral & Dr. Rudi’s Inevitable Adventure Double IPA from Stone Brewing
Release – Limited, February – June 2018
Style – Double India Pale Ale
ABV – 8.9%
IBUs – 84
Featured Hops – Loral & Dr. Rudi
Availability – 22 oz. bottles, 6-packs of 12 oz. bottles & draft
Beer Finder – https://find.stonebrewing.com/#ready
Stone Brewing (Escondido, California) recently unveiled its 2018 Beer Release Calendar and it boasts a serious amount of hop goodness from its newly-established Trinity of Hoppiness, a new Seasonal IPA series, and a few robust Stouts thrown in for good measure.
Just as we always do when it comes to beer calendars around here, we have posted Stone Brewing’s full 2018 Beer Release Calendar below for you to take in at your own leisure. That said, there is a diagram and a handful of new releases that we should probably provide some clarity on before turning you loose. We do intend to be brief, so let’s knock it out:
- Devoted to innovation and their well-known obsession with hops, the folks at Stone Brewing are rolling out the Trinity of Hoppiness in 2018 (diagram available below). This handy-dandy piece of reference material breaks down the brewery’s full line of hop-laden Year-Round releases and its occasionally released Stone Enjoy By IPA into the following three categories: Tropical & Juicy, Dank & Piney, and Citrusy & Floral. The Trinity of Hoppiness basically acts as your road map to whatever hop experience you may be seeking on any given day.
- Stone Scorpion Bowl IPA will debut in March as the brewery’s newest Year-Round release. Perched at the peak of “Tropical & Juicy” on the Trinity of Hoppiness, Stone Scorpion Bowl IPA “masters the fruity appeal . . . of fruit-dominated beers . . . with absolutely no fruit additions. This juicy delight is brewed with heroic hop know-how.” Once released, this offering will be available in 22 oz. bottles & on draft.
- 2018 will also see the introduction of the new Stone Hop Worship IPA Seasonal Series, “three distinctive beers extolling the divine qualities of hops [to] consecrate Stone’s devotion to freshness.” The series will include Stone Exalted IPA (February – June), Stone Righteous IPA (June – October), and Stone Sanctimonious IPA (October – December). These beers will be available in 6-packs of 12 oz. cans & on draft.
- Need more hops? Well, Stone Brewing has you covered because they will also be releasing three Double IPA Special Releases in 2018: Stone Loral & Dr. Rudi’s Inevitable Adventure Double IPA (February – June), Stone I’m Peach Double IPA (May – August), and Stone 22nd Anniversary Double IPA (August – November).
- Fear not, malt lovers . . . there will also be a smattering of Special Release Stouts alternating between those DIPAs. Stone Totalitarian Imperial Russian Stout, a new Special Release featuring an updated hop bill “built on the backbone of the classic Stone Imperial Russian Stout recipe”, will be available from March through July. That offering will be followed by Stone w00tstout (July – October) and Stone Xocoveza Mocha Stout (October – December).
“We have a Brewing Innovation Team that has labored the last year in pursuit of the exceptional…and delivered it, in sanguine, liquid form,” said Dominic Engels, Stone Brewing CEO. “These incredible new beers, alongside a series of fan favorites allow us to unveil uniquely Stone beers with every release in 2018. True to our roots, the IPAs we’re releasing this year are clearly the work of an evangelical hop worshiping crew. Amen.”
Alright . . . our job should be done here, but there is still plenty to discover on the calendar below. Check it out and get ready for a ridiculously hoppy year with Stone Brewing in 2018. Prost!