Stone Brewing (Escondido, California) has officially announced that it will begin the Limited Release of its 2020 batch of Drew Curtis / Wil Wheaton / Greg Koch Stone Farking Wheaton w00tstout on Friday, June 26.
A comic-book-inspired fan-favorite that was first brewed in 2013 as a collaboration between Drew Curtis of FARK.com, “nerd royalty” Wil Wheaton and Stone Brewing co-founder Greg Koch, Stone Farking Wheaton w00tstout is a “massive” Imperial Stout brewed with pecans, wheat, and flaked rye and “one quarter aged in Bourbon barrels.” Weighing in at a mighty 11.5% ABV, Stone Farking Wheaton w00tstout is “a whopping, intense, superhero of a beer with profound complexity that makes it ideal for cellaring… if you can wait that long.”
Stone Farking Wheaton w00tstout will hit Stone Brewing locations on June 26 and distribution will begin shortly after the on-site release. You can expect to find this Limited Release offering available in 22 oz. bottles and on draft at craft beer-focused establishments in California only. Prost!
Vital Information for Drew Curtis / Wil Wheaton / Greg Koch Stone Farking Wheaton w00tstout from Stone Brewing
Release – Limited; June 26, 2020
Style – Imperial Stout
ABV – 11.5%
IBUs – 45
Featured Ingredients – Pecans, wheat & flaked rye
Treatment – 1/4 aged in Bourbon barrels
Fun Fact – On the label artwork: “This year’s ridiculously badass artwork originates from the hand and mind of Kevin Nowlan, who comes to us on behalf of Hero Initiative. Kevin has previously lent his talents to Doctor Strange and Batman comics while also contributing character design for Batman: The Animated Series. His label art depicts our iconic Gargoyle keeping a watchful eye, protecting us – and you! – from the evil spirits of bad beer.”
Availability – 22 oz. bottles & draft
Distribution – California only
Beer Finder – https://find.stonebrewing.com/#ready
Stone Brewing (Escondido, California) recently unveiled its 2018 Beer Release Calendar and it boasts a serious amount of hop goodness from its newly-established Trinity of Hoppiness, a new Seasonal IPA series, and a few robust Stouts thrown in for good measure.
Just as we always do when it comes to beer calendars around here, we have posted Stone Brewing’s full 2018 Beer Release Calendar below for you to take in at your own leisure. That said, there is a diagram and a handful of new releases that we should probably provide some clarity on before turning you loose. We do intend to be brief, so let’s knock it out:
- Devoted to innovation and their well-known obsession with hops, the folks at Stone Brewing are rolling out the Trinity of Hoppiness in 2018 (diagram available below). This handy-dandy piece of reference material breaks down the brewery’s full line of hop-laden Year-Round releases and its occasionally released Stone Enjoy By IPA into the following three categories: Tropical & Juicy, Dank & Piney, and Citrusy & Floral. The Trinity of Hoppiness basically acts as your road map to whatever hop experience you may be seeking on any given day.
- Stone Scorpion Bowl IPA will debut in March as the brewery’s newest Year-Round release. Perched at the peak of “Tropical & Juicy” on the Trinity of Hoppiness, Stone Scorpion Bowl IPA “masters the fruity appeal . . . of fruit-dominated beers . . . with absolutely no fruit additions. This juicy delight is brewed with heroic hop know-how.” Once released, this offering will be available in 22 oz. bottles & on draft.
- 2018 will also see the introduction of the new Stone Hop Worship IPA Seasonal Series, “three distinctive beers extolling the divine qualities of hops [to] consecrate Stone’s devotion to freshness.” The series will include Stone Exalted IPA (February – June), Stone Righteous IPA (June – October), and Stone Sanctimonious IPA (October – December). These beers will be available in 6-packs of 12 oz. cans & on draft.
- Need more hops? Well, Stone Brewing has you covered because they will also be releasing three Double IPA Special Releases in 2018: Stone Loral & Dr. Rudi’s Inevitable Adventure Double IPA (February – June), Stone I’m Peach Double IPA (May – August), and Stone 22nd Anniversary Double IPA (August – November).
- Fear not, malt lovers . . . there will also be a smattering of Special Release Stouts alternating between those DIPAs. Stone Totalitarian Imperial Russian Stout, a new Special Release featuring an updated hop bill “built on the backbone of the classic Stone Imperial Russian Stout recipe”, will be available from March through July. That offering will be followed by Stone w00tstout (July – October) and Stone Xocoveza Mocha Stout (October – December).
“We have a Brewing Innovation Team that has labored the last year in pursuit of the exceptional…and delivered it, in sanguine, liquid form,” said Dominic Engels, Stone Brewing CEO. “These incredible new beers, alongside a series of fan favorites allow us to unveil uniquely Stone beers with every release in 2018. True to our roots, the IPAs we’re releasing this year are clearly the work of an evangelical hop worshiping crew. Amen.”
Alright . . . our job should be done here, but there is still plenty to discover on the calendar below. Check it out and get ready for a ridiculously hoppy year with Stone Brewing in 2018. Prost!