If you are looking for a Tampa Bay Beer Week base camp that can offer you a ridiculous amount of options over a ten-day period, you do not have to look much further than Coppertail Brewing Co. Their list of unique and creative events is extensive, so let’s just go ahead break down all that Coppertail will be offering during Tampa Bay Beer Week:
- Friday, March 2: Brew’s Banner Imperial IPA Release – Why wait until Beer Week begins? Coppertail will get a jump on the celebration with their un-official start to Beer Week by releasing Brew’s Banner when doors open at 11 am. Brew’s Banner, an American Imperial IPA (ABV 10%), will be on tap, and on sale in four packs in the tasting room only. There will be limited distribution of draft in taprooms across the state.
- 6 p.m. to midnight on Saturday, March 3: Late Start Brewing Tap Takeover – It’s the official start of Tampa Bay Beer Week and Coppertail is hosting Late Start Brewing for a tap takeover. Late Start is one of Tampa’s up and coming breweries. Their soon-to-be open brewery will be located in Channelside at the Pour House bar.
- 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. on Sunday, March 4: Aardwolf Brewing Tap Takeover – Coppertail is hosting Aardwolf Brewing Company from Jacksonville for a tap takeover. Aardwolf’s beer will be featured on all six taps in the loft space.
- 6 p.m. to 11 p.m. on Monday, March 5: Walking Tree Brewery Tap Takeover – Coppertail is hosting Walking Tree Brewery from Vero Beach for a tap takeover. Walking Tree won Best Small Brewery and Best Beer in Florida at the Best Florida Beer Competition in 2017. Their beer will be featured on all six taps in the loft space.
- 6 p.m. on Wednesday, March 7: 2nd Annual Wood Car Race & Hardywood Park Craft Brewery Tap Takeover – Coppertail’s 2nd annual Wood Car Race will bring out the scout in you. Buy a wood car-making kit in the taproom while they last for making a car to enter in the race. A limit of 30 cars will be able to enter the race. Click here to see the rules of the road on Coppertail’s Facebook page. There will be prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners. The race will be held at 6 pm. Craft brewers from Richmond, Virginia, Hardywood Park, will be on hand with guest tap selections.
- 7 p.m. on Thursday, March 8: Coppertail’s VIP Beer Week Dinner with Sahtipaja – A limited number of tickets will be available for this special four-course dinner to be served in Coppertail’s upstairs loft. Food by the S&V Kitchen at Coppertail will be served with beer and mead pairings from Swedish guest brewery, Sahtipaja. Tickets will be $60 per person (click here to purchase) and will sell out quickly. Click here to see Coppertail’s Facebook page for the full menu and more details.
- 6 p.m. on Friday, March 9: Half-Pipes with Half Acre and Pipeworks – This skateboard event benefits Coppertail’s Helping with Hops non-profit of the month, Boards for Bros. With the help of Skatepark of Tampa, a 16-foot half pipe will be set up in the front lot. Local pros will be on hand and there will be a best trick contest, cash prizes and giveaways. Friends from Chicago, Half Acre Beer Company and Pipeworks Brewing Co., are sending 12 kegs of their killer beer to put on tap during the event. This will be the first time you can taste their beer in Florida. No fee for spectators.
- 6 p.m. to 11 p.m. on Saturday, March 10: Tampa Bay Beer Week Night of Metal – Tickets are on sale now (click here to purchase) to hear four metal bands play on Coppertail’s back dock: Black Tusk, Royal Thunder, Leviathan Cross and Mutilated Grist. Five breweries are sending kegs for the event: TRVE Brewing Co. from Denver, CO; Phantom Carriage Brewery from Gardena, CA; Oxbow Brewing Company from Newcastle, ME; Angry Chair Brewing from Tampa; and Red Cypress Brewery from Winter Springs, FL. $15 in advance, $20 at the door.
- 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Sunday, March 11: Beer Week Wrap-up Brunch – A special Beer Week menu will be offered by the S&V Kitchen at Coppertail. Enjoy a coffee infused beer with your meal to celebrate another great Beer Week.
All of the events above will take place at Coppertail Brewing Co. | 2601 East 2nd Ave. | Tampa, Florida. If any changes arise for the events above, we will do our best to update you with that info here. You can also keep an eye on Coppertail’s Facebook page for more details, additions and changes to the events.
From gourmet beer dinners to beer-fueled metal concerts, there is certainly something for everyone on the event list above. Whether you pick and choose events or ambitiously plan to attend them all, just make sure that you plan accordingly, secure tickets in advance when needed, and just have a hell of a time with the Coppertail Brewing Co. crew during Tampa Bay Beer Week. Prost!