Ayinger Brewery (Aying, Germany) and Merchant du Vin (Seattle, Washington) have announced that Ayinger Bavarian Pils is officially available in the United States for the first time.
Although Ayinger Bavarian Pils has been brewed for years, this classic offering has sadly never been available on U.S. shelves and taps alongside other Ayinger products. Now that spring has begun to shift to summer, Ayinger Brewery – a Bavarian brewery founded in 1878 and known globally for their commitment to quality – has decided it is high time to remedy this situation.
Inspired by Czech Pilsner beers, Bavarian Pils is a perfectly clear, golden colored lager that combines the flavor of Germany’s highest quality barley with the “marvelously good aroma and bouquet” of noble hops from the Hallertau region. True to tradition, Ayinger Bavarian Pils proves to be a clean, crisp and beautifully balanced beer that “may make you realize that the Reinheitsgebot is a powerful brewing asset rather than some kind of restriction.”
Ayinger Bavarian Pils officially begins its U.S. launch this month (April 2017) and will be available as a Year-Round offering. You can find Bavarian Pils available in 4-packs of 11.2 oz. bottles and on draft at fine beer establishments located in Alabama, Florida and throughout the nationwide reach of Merchant du Vin. Keep an eye out for Ayinger Bavarian Pils while on your next beer run so that you too can “Genießen Sie die echte Bierkultur” (“Enjoy the Real Beer Culture”). Prost!
Vital Information for Bavarian Pils from Ayinger Brewery
Release – Year-Round, launching in the U.S. in April 2017
Style – German Pilsner
ABV – 5.3%
IBUs – 32
Ingredients – Water, Wheat Malt, Barley Malt, Hops & Yeast
Suggested Glassware – A tall, tapered Pils glass
Suggested Food Pairings – “Goat cheese or mild cheddar, grilled bratwurst with sauerkraut and pomme frites, croque monsieur, fried oysters with spicy remoulade, jerk or tandoori chicken, sushi, pound cake, or strawberry rhubarb pie.”
Availability – 4-packs of 11.2 oz. bottles & draft
Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. (Chico, California) has officially announced that it will release Beer Camp Across the World, an international collaboration 12-pack, in June.
Each year, Sierra Nevada hosts Beer Camp as the “industry’s largest collaboration effort” to celebrate and showcase “the art, spirit and attitude of craft beer.” In order to create a truly special collaboration 12-pack in 2017, the brewers at Sierra Nevada have “partnered with 12 craft breweries–6 overseas and 6 stateside–to brew . . . Beer Camp Across the World.” Their efforts have produced the following 12 one-off, “dream beers” that have been created with some of the world’s finest brewing talent:
- Fuller’s Brewery (London, United Kingdom) – Atlantic-style Vintage Ale: English-style Ale brewed with Plums ABV – 8.5% IBUs – 40
- Garage Project (Wellington, New Zealand) – Campout Porter brewed with Vanilla and Honey ABV – 7.7% IBUs – 32
- Avery Brewing Co. (Boulder, Colorado) – Dry-Hopped Barleywine Style Ale ABV – 9.4% IBUs- 90
- Duvel Moortgat (Breendonk, Belgium) – Hoppy Belgian-style Golden Ale brewed with Lemon Peel ABV – 8% IBUs – 35
- Saint Arnold Brewing Company (Houston, Texas) – Dry-Hopped Berliner-style Weisse ABV – 4.2% IBUs – 10
- Ayinger Brewery (Aying, Germany) – Dunkle Weisse ABV – 5.7% IBUs – 10
- Tree House Brewing Company (Monson, Massachusetts) – East Meets West IPA ABV – 7% IBUs – 40
- Surly Brewing Co. (Minneapolis, Minnesota) – Ginger Lager: Lager brewed with Ginger & Cayenne, Fermented on Oak ABV – 6.2% IBUs – 20
- The Bruery (Placentia, California) – Raspberry Sundae: Ale brewed with Lactose, Cocoa, Vanilla & Raspberry ABV – 8% IBUs – 10
- Mikkeller Brewery (Copenhagen, Denmark) – Thai-style Iced Tea: Ale brewed with Lactose, Orange Peel, Black Tea, Tamarind & Star Anise ABV – 7.2% IBUs – 12
- Boneyard Beer (Bend, Oregon) – West Coast-style DIPA ABV – 8.2% IBUs – 65
- Kiuchi Brewery (Naka, Ibaraki Prefecture, Japan) – White IPA with Yuzu: Ale brewed with Coriander, Nutmeg & Yuzu ABV – 7% IBUs – 20
Each Beer Camp Across the World 12-pack will contain one of each of the beers listed above (a mix of cans and bottles). Beer Camp Across the World will see a one-time-only national release beginning in June, and these limited edition 12-packs will be available at select craft beer retailers located in Alabama, Florida, California, North Carolina and throughout the rest of Sierra Nevada’s national distribution area. Beer Camp Across the World is a rare opportunity for you to try some incredibly unique beers from a dozen highly-respected, world-class breweries in one package. This thing basically defines the terms “can’t-miss” and “must-have”. These 12-packs will disappear with a quickness, so don’t miss out. Prost!