Founders Brewing Co. (Grand Rapids, Michigan) has officially announced that it will begin the nationwide Limited Release of Nemesis, the first release in the brewery’s newly established Bottle Shop Series, in early April 2021.
Originally released in 2010 as the blue label offering in Founders Brewing Co.’s short-lived Nemesis Series and now back to launch the brewery’s Bottle Shop Series that serves as “a tribute to the folks who supported ragtag brewers across the country when craft beer was in its infancy,” Nemesis is an American-style Barleywine “brewed with roasted malts and no shortage of hops for a pleasantly bitter, booming flavor.” Coming in at an imposing 11.2% ABV, Nemesis “pours with a slight and subtle mahogany hue and a multitude of flavors that melt on your tongue – this is one Nemesis you’ll feel good about keeping around.”
“This is a beer we first brewed back in 2010 – it was Nemesis with the blue label. Extreme beers were all the rage and I was really just looking to create something that I hadn’t seen done before,” said Founders Brewmaster, Jeremy Kosmicki. “For this one, I was targeting sort of a hybrid between a Barleywine and an Imperial Stout – less roasted malt than you’d expect in a stout but just enough to turn the color dark and add another layer of complexity to an already deep disposition of flavors. I thought it would be a fun way to kick off the Bottle Shop Series – with a blast from the past and a tribute to everyone who helped launch the era of extreme beer!”
Nemesis is available now in Founders Brewing Co.’s Grand Rapids and Detroit taprooms and is scheduled to enter nationwide distribution on April 1. You can expect to find this Limited Release available in 4-packs of 12 oz. bottles at select craft beer-friendly establishments located in Alabama, Florida, Michigan and throughout the rest of the brewery’s nationwide distribution network. Prost!
Vital Information for Nemesis from Founders Brewing Co.
Release – Limited/Bottle Shop Series; April – August 2021
Style – American-style Barleywine
ABV – 11.2%
IBUs – 75
Fun Fact – “The Bottle Shop Series is a tribute to the folks who supported ragtag brewers across the country when craft beer was in its infancy. When beer enthusiasts sought out innovation through big flavor, in-your-face complexity and revered quality above all else. This series is for them: the distinguished beer connoisseur still seeking the revolution that energized the industry we know today – that settles for nothing less than the very best.”
Availability – 4-packs of 12 oz. bottles
Distribution – Nationwide
Beer Finder – https://foundersbrewing.com/beer/find-our-beer/
It’s back! Beer calendar season is upon us one again and this year we are kicking things off with a look at the official 2021 Brand Calendar from Founders Brewing Co. (Grand Rapids, Michigan).
In keeping with our approach in previous years when it comes to release calendars, we have posted Founders Brewing Co.’s full 2021 Brand Calendar below for you to peruse at your own pace. With that said, we would like to point out a few highlights before we turn you over to that document:
- After a successful debut as a Limited Release in 2020, 4 Giants IPA – “a mashup of four of [the brewery’s] favorite imperial IPA recipes” – will return in March 2021 as a Year-Round offering. 4 Giants IPA will be available in 4-packs of 16 oz. cans and on draft.
- The 2021 Barrel-Aged Series will open with the March release of Panther Cub, a Robust Porter “aged in the finest bourbon barrels available along with a kiss of maple syrup and vanilla extract. The aroma of maple and vanilla combine with a surprisingly deep character to make this rare creature one to gaze upon fondly.”
- In April 2021, Founders will launch the Bottle Shop Series, a series created as a tribute to the early days of craft; when beer enthusiasts sought out innovation through big flavor, in-your-face complexity and revered quality above all else. This series will kick off with the release of Nemesis, a barleywine-style ale brewed with roasted malts and no shortage of hops for a pleasantly bitter, booming flavor (11.2% ABV). It will hit shelves across the country in 4-packs of 12oz bottles in April.
- Más Agave Clásica Lime (10% ABV), Más Agave Clásica Grapefruit (9.7% ABV), and a yet-to-be-announced Más Agave Clásica variant will be released in May 2021 as a part of the Barrel-Aged Series lineup. All three Más Agave Clásica brands will be available nationwide in 4-packs of 12oz bottles and on draft.
- Beginning in Spring 2021, Founders will roll out Más Agave Premium Hard Seltzer nationwide. The premium hard seltzer is currently available in ten markets (MI, IL, AZ, TX, FL, PA, NJ, MA, CO and Las Vegas, NV). Más Agave Premium Hard Seltzer is available in 6-pack cans in two flavors: strawberry and lime. It is also available in a variety 15-pack which includes lime, strawberry and grapefruit flavors.
“Shaking things up a bit is somewhat of the norm at Founders,” said Co-Founder and President Dave Engbers. “It’s not just taking the path less chosen – it’s bushwhacking a new trail altogether. This years’ brand calendar has us exploring multiple new styles, revisiting some of our favorite beers from the past, highlighting those who truly helped define our industry and jumping headfirst into the hard seltzer category – approaching it all with the fury only craft brewers like us know by highlighting real fruit flavor and quality above all else. It’s going to be a great year.”
Alrighty . . . that should cover everything we wanted to point out, but there is still plenty for you to discover on the calendar below. Give it a look and get ready for another fun year of beer with Founders Brewing Co. in 2021. Prost!