It’s back! Beer calendar season is upon us one again and this year we are kicking things off with a look at the official 2021 Brand Calendar from Founders Brewing Co. (Grand Rapids, Michigan).
In keeping with our approach in previous years when it comes to release calendars, we have posted Founders Brewing Co.’s full 2021 Brand Calendar below for you to peruse at your own pace. With that said, we would like to point out a few highlights before we turn you over to that document:
- After a successful debut as a Limited Release in 2020, 4 Giants IPA – “a mashup of four of [the brewery’s] favorite imperial IPA recipes” – will return in March 2021 as a Year-Round offering. 4 Giants IPA will be available in 4-packs of 16 oz. cans and on draft.
- The 2021 Barrel-Aged Series will open with the March release of Panther Cub, a Robust Porter “aged in the finest bourbon barrels available along with a kiss of maple syrup and vanilla extract. The aroma of maple and vanilla combine with a surprisingly deep character to make this rare creature one to gaze upon fondly.”
- In April 2021, Founders will launch the Bottle Shop Series, a series created as a tribute to the early days of craft; when beer enthusiasts sought out innovation through big flavor, in-your-face complexity and revered quality above all else. This series will kick off with the release of Nemesis, a barleywine-style ale brewed with roasted malts and no shortage of hops for a pleasantly bitter, booming flavor (11.2% ABV). It will hit shelves across the country in 4-packs of 12oz bottles in April.
- Más Agave Clásica Lime (10% ABV), Más Agave Clásica Grapefruit (9.7% ABV), and a yet-to-be-announced Más Agave Clásica variant will be released in May 2021 as a part of the Barrel-Aged Series lineup. All three Más Agave Clásica brands will be available nationwide in 4-packs of 12oz bottles and on draft.
- Beginning in Spring 2021, Founders will roll out Más Agave Premium Hard Seltzer nationwide. The premium hard seltzer is currently available in ten markets (MI, IL, AZ, TX, FL, PA, NJ, MA, CO and Las Vegas, NV). Más Agave Premium Hard Seltzer is available in 6-pack cans in two flavors: strawberry and lime. It is also available in a variety 15-pack which includes lime, strawberry and grapefruit flavors.
“Shaking things up a bit is somewhat of the norm at Founders,” said Co-Founder and President Dave Engbers. “It’s not just taking the path less chosen – it’s bushwhacking a new trail altogether. This years’ brand calendar has us exploring multiple new styles, revisiting some of our favorite beers from the past, highlighting those who truly helped define our industry and jumping headfirst into the hard seltzer category – approaching it all with the fury only craft brewers like us know by highlighting real fruit flavor and quality above all else. It’s going to be a great year.”
Alrighty . . . that should cover everything we wanted to point out, but there is still plenty for you to discover on the calendar below. Give it a look and get ready for another fun year of beer with Founders Brewing Co. in 2021. Prost!
Founders Brewing Co. (Grand Rapids, Michigan) has officially announced that it will begin the Limited Release of 4 Giants IPA in mid-March 2020.
Brewed to be a “mashup of four of [Founders Brewing Co.’s] favorite Imperial IPA recipes,” 4 Giants IPA is an Imperial India Pale Ale that “boasts aggressive bitterness balanced by a malty, sweet backbone while huge aromatics come courtesy of the seven American hop varieties.” Coming in at 9.2% ABV and 80 IBUs, 4 Giants IPA is here to provide hopheads with “the ultimate Imperial IPA” experience.
“The world of IPA is constantly changing and evolving, but this beer really captures the essence of what I think is the classic Imperial IPA,” said Brewmaster Jeremy Kosmicki. “Everything about it is totally in-your-face, but the flavor dynamics still manage to work together to create a well-balanced beer that is extremely fun to drink.”
4 Giants IPA will debut in Founders Brewing Co.’s Grand Rapids and Detroit taprooms on March 13 and full distribution is scheduled to begin in April. You can expect to find this new Limited Release available in 4-packs of 12 oz. bottles and on draft at craft beer-friendly establishments located in Alabama, Florida, Michigan and throughout the rest of the brewery’s nationwide distribution network. Prost!
Vital Information for 4 Giants IPA from Founders Brewing Co.
Release – Limited Series; April – June 2020
Style – Imperial India Pale Ale
ABV – 9.2%
IBUs – 80
Availability – 4-packs of 12 oz. bottles & draft
Beer Finder – https://foundersbrewing.com/beer/find-our-beer/
Brewery release calendar season is back once again and we are kicking of this year’s round with a look at the 2020 Availability Calendar for Founders Brewing Co. (Grand Rapids, Michigan).
As is the norm around here when it comes to beer calendars, we have published Founders Brewing Co.’s 2020 Availability Calendar in its entirety below so that you can examine it at your own pace. With that said, here are a few juicy tidbits that we would like to highlight before we turn you over to the calendar:
- The Barrel-Aged Series kicks off with the 2019/2020 release of KBS Espresso – the first variant of KBS – which will have availability into February 2020. The original KBS will return in February as a Year-Round release. Más Agave (May – July) and Underground Mountain Brown (September – October) are both scheduled to return in 2020. Founders plans to add two new yet-to-be-named offerings to the series during the year – one of which will be a Más Agave variant.
- The brewery’s Year-Round lineup will see the addition of Unraveled IPA in February. Unraveled IPA is an “incredibly flavorful and aromatic” Juicy India Pale Ale “dry hopped with traditional hop pellets along with lupulin powder, an innovative hop product that separates lupulin from the hop flower.” ABV – 6.6% IBUS – 50
- Centennial IPA will get some new packaging options in 2020. Look for this Year-Round to have availability in 19.2 oz. cans and 6-packs of 12 oz. cans beginning in February 2020.
- 4 Giants IPA, “a mashup of [the brewery’s] four favorite imperial IPAs,” will be available April through June 2020 as a part of the Limited Series.
- Speaking of the Limited Series, Frangelic Mountain Brown (January – March), Green Zebra (May – August), and Harvest Ale (October) are all scheduled to return. Founders plans to also add two yet-to-be-named offerings to the series in 2020.
- The Mothership Series, the brewery’s “ultra-limited, brew team favorite beers only found at [Founders] taproom locations,” will kick off with the return of Devil Dancer on January 22. Founders plans to release five more Mothership Series offerings throughout the year.
- The brewery will launch the MI-Exclusive Series in 2020 with the March release of Red’s Rye IPA in 6-packs of 12 oz. cans. As you may have already guessed, the MI-Exclusive Series will see exclusive distribution in Founders Brewing Co.’s home state of Michigan.
That should just about cover all the points we wanted to go over, but there is still a good amount of info left for you to discover on the calendar below. Give it a good look and start getting excited about all the tasty brews headed your way from Founders Brewing Co in 2020. Prost!