On Saturday, September 1 at 11 a.m., Hidden Springs Ale Works (Tampa, Florida) will host a Mega Drop release event featuring bottles of Maple Barrel Aged Black Aggie Imperial Stout and four other limited-release offerings in cans.
That’s right . . . Black Aggie is back and this time she is bringing some sticky maple barrel-aged Imperial Stout action to Hidden Springs Ale Works’ latest Mega Drop, the brewery’s all-in approach to beer releases that has its fans leaving the facility with an armful of instant gratification. Obviously, to make this a true Mega Drop, Maple Barrel Aged Black Aggie will be joined by four other “frands” in cans (pictured on the right). The descriptions and pricing for all five Mega Drop beers are as follows:
- Maple Barrel Aged Black Aggie | $30 per bottle – The name of this massive Imperial Stout says it all. ABV – 13%
- Shun the Non-Believer | $18 per 4-pack of 16 oz. cans – Berliner with Mango and Habanero. It’s spicy. It’s tart. It’s oh so juicy and missing a kidney. ABV – 5.5%
- Tiki Apocalypse | $18 per 4-pack of 16 oz. cans – A tropical Berliner with yuzu, cucumber and hibiscus tasty enough to please the gods. ABV – 5.5%
- Djuice Flute | $18 per 4-pack of 16 oz. cans – (pronounced “joos floot”) A sour IPA with coconut & lime brewed in collaboration with Calusa Brewing. ABV – 6.5%
- I am the Walrus | $18 per 4-pack of 16 oz. cans – This Berliner with plum and bourbon soaked oak chips is so tart, so refreshing, so enigmatic, it’ll have you tasting colors while you fly high with Lucy & her diamonds. Yoko Ono can’t even touch this. ABV – 5.5%
Note: Limits for each release will be announced the morning of the Mega Drop.
As is the case at every Mega Drop, cash is the preferred form of payment to keep the release running smoothly and the line moving. If you cannot come up with that kind of cash by Saturday, cards are still an option.
A couple more things to keep in mind when it comes to the Mega Drop:
- Parking is available in the lot across the street from Hidden Springs Ale Works, up and down Franklin St., on Henderson just west of Tampa St., and on 7th Ave.
- While in line, the brewery asks that “don’t be a menace to the ‘hood while waiting fo yo juice. Hug the wall to the right of the door on Henderson.”
Other than that, just make sure that you get to the Mega Drop reasonably early to make the final head count, be respectful of the brewery’s neighbors while in line, and just have a good time while you wait to get your stash of bottles and cans. Prost!