Heavy Seas Beer (Baltimore, Maryland) has officially announced that the Limited Releases of Siren Noire and Coconut Siren Noire, a highly limited, draft-only variant, will begin in November 2019.
Back to claim its place as the final release of the year in the Heavy Seas Uncharted Waters Series, Siren Noire is an Imperial Stout brewed with a mix of dark malts, Brewers Gold hops, and “almost three pounds of Belgian coco nibs per barrel,” and then aged for “five weeks in bourbon barrels with vanilla beans added.” Weighing in at 9.5% ABV, the alluring Siren Noire “isn’t your father’s chocolate stout.”
New this year to give you a fresh perspective on the long-standing, fan-favorite that is Siren Noire, Coconut Siren Noire starts with a similar base beer but “[forgoes] the vanilla bean addition that the regular Siren Noire has and add a healthy addition of fresh coconut as well as toasted coconut.” To take the decadence up a notch, dark chocolate is also added to basically make Coconut Siren Noire “a Mounds Bar in a glass!”
Siren Noire and Coconut Siren Noire are both scheduled to release in November 2019 and will hang around as long as supplies last. Siren Noire will have availability in 4-packs of 12 oz. bottles while Coconut Siren Noire will only be available on draft. You can expect to find both offerings at select craft beer-focused establishments located in limited markets within Heavy Seas’ distribution footprint. Prost!
Vital Information for Siren Noire from Heavy Seas Beer
Release – Limited/Uncharted Waters Series; November 2019
Style – Imperial Stout
ABV – 9.5%
IBUs – 8.5
Malts – 2-Row, Crystal, Chocolate & Roasted Barley
Hops – Brewers Gold
Added Ingredients – Belgian cocoa nibs
Treatment – Aged for five weeks in Bourbon barrels with vanilla beans
Availability – 4-packs of 12 oz. bottles & draft
Beer Finder – http://hsbeer.com/beerfinder
Heavy Seas Beer (Baltimore, Maryland) has provided craft beer fans a look at the year ahead with the release of the brewery’s 2019 Product Portfolio.
Just as we do with all posts concerning release calendars, we have listed the entire Heavy Seas 2019 Product Portfolio below for you to peruse at your own pace. With that said, there are few juicy details that we need to go over first. We promise to be brief, so let’s go ahead and knock it out:
- Heavy Seas will introduce three new Limited Release offerings in 2019: Citra Cannon IPA (February), Sun Burst Sour Ale (July), and Night Swell Dark IPA (October).
- The brewery’s “Uncharted Waters” Series will get a new addition with the June release of Red Flag Barrel-aged Sour Ale.
- Three long-standing Uncharted Waters” offerings – Blackbeard’s Breakfast (February), Great’er Pumpkin Imperial Pumpkin Ale (September) and Siren Noire (November) – will be accompanied by draft-only variants in 2019: Salted Caramel Blackbeard’s Breakfast, Great’er Pumpkin Latte and Coconut Siren Noire.
- Heavy Seas will continue its tradition of releasing an Anniversary Ale at end of each year with the release of “24” in 2019. “24” will be available on draft and in 4-packs of 16 oz. cans. The style of “24” Anniversary Ale will be determined later in the year.
- The Cannon Crew Sampler – available in both 12 oz. bottle and 12 oz. can formats – will be available Year-Round and contain all four Cannon Crew beers: Loose Cannon IPA, TropiCannon Citrus IPA, Double Cannon Double IPA, and AmeriCannon Pale Ale. Due to this development, Double Cannon will now be available in 12 oz. cans in both the sampler pack and its own 6-packs.
- The Heavy Seas small-batch beer program will continue to provide 16 oz. can releases along with draft availability in 2019. These limited release beers will continue to be available throughout the year exclusively in the Heavy Seas Taproom at the brewery in Baltimore, Maryland. Each beer style will not be announced until closer to its release date.
Alright . . . that’s everything that we wanted to gloss over, but there is still plenty to discover in portfolio below. Give it a good look and start getting excited about all the new Heavy Seas brews headed your way in 2019. Prost!
2019 Product Portfolio for Heavy Seas Beer
- Loose Cannon IPA
- TropiCannon Citrus IPA
- Double Cannon Double IPA
- AmeriCannon Double Dry-Hopped American Pale Ale
- Pounder Pilsner
- Peg Leg Imperial Stout
- Gold Ale – draft only
- Powder Monkey Pale Ale (draft only)
- Cutlass Vienna-Style Lager (draft only)
- February | Citra Cannon IPA
- April | Smooth Sail Wheat Ale
- April | Smooth Sail Mixed Berry (draft only)
- July | Sun Burst Sour Ale
- October | Night Swell Dark IPA
- December | 24 Anniversary (Style TBD)
“Uncharted Waters” Series
- February | Blackbeard’s Breakfast Imperial Coffee Porter Aged in Bourbon Barrels
- February | Salted Caramel Blackbeard’s Breakfast (draft only)
- June | Red Flag Barrel-aged Sour Ale
- September | Great’er Pumpkin Imperial Pumpkin Ale Aged in Bourbon Barrels
- September | Great’er Pumpkin Latte (draft only)
- November | Siren Noire Imperial Chocolate Stout Aged in Bourbon Barrels
- November | Coconut Siren Noire (draft only)
- Cannon Crew Bottle Sampler
- Cannon Crew Can Sampler
Samplers (Limited Release)
- April | Summer of the Pirate Can Sampler: Smooth Sail, TropiCannon, Loose Cannon
- August | Drink Like a Pirate Can Sampler: Sun Burst, TropiCannon, Loose Cannon