Heavy Seas Beer (Baltimore, Maryland) has officially announced that it will begin the Limited Release of its long-standing Great’er Pumpkin and the new, draft-only Great’er Pumpkin Latte variant during the first week of September 2019.
Returning to once again serve as the fall release in Heavy Seas Beer’s Uncharted Waters Series, Great’er Pumpkin is an Imperial Pumpkin Ale that offers “aromas of cinnamon, ginger, allspice, and clove . . . while British crystal malt, brown sugar, and pumpkin add a sense of weight and body.” Time spent resting in Bourbon barrels then rounds off the flavor profile of Great’er Pumpkin (10% ABV) by adding “notes of oak, vanilla, and bourbon.”
Designed to give the PSL (Pumpkin Spice Latte) crowd something to get excited about in 2019, Great’er Pumpkin Latte takes the Great’er Pumpkin base beer and ages it in Bourbon barrels with “locally roasted coffee and vanilla beans.” Lactose completes the PSL experience by adding “a creamy, steamed milk-like flavor to this complex and decadent brew.”
Both versions of Great’er Pumpkin are scheduled to roll out during the first week of September and will stick around as long as supplies last. The original Great’er Pumpkin will be available in 4-packs of 12 oz. bottles and on draft at craft beer-friendly establishments located in Alabama, Florida, Maryland and throughout the rest of Heavy Seas’ distribution footprint. Great’er Pumpkin Latte is a draft-only release that will only see distribution in select markets. Prost!
Vital Information for Great’er Pumpkin from Heavy Seas Beer
Release – Limited/Uncharted Waters Series; September 2019
Style – Pumpkin Ale
ABV – 10%
IBUs – 37
Malts – 2-Row, Wheat & Crystal Malt
Hops – Mt. Hood
Suggested Pairings – “Pairs well with crisp autumn weather, crunchy fallen leaves, and the knowledge that your kids will be asleep soon so you can raid their Halloween candy bags.”
Recommended Glassware – Snifter
Availability – 4-packs of 12 oz. bottles & draft
Beer Finder – http://www.hsbeer.com/beerfinder
Heavy Seas Beer (Baltimore, Maryland) has provided craft beer fans a look at the year ahead with the release of the brewery’s 2019 Product Portfolio.
Just as we do with all posts concerning release calendars, we have listed the entire Heavy Seas 2019 Product Portfolio below for you to peruse at your own pace. With that said, there are few juicy details that we need to go over first. We promise to be brief, so let’s go ahead and knock it out:
- Heavy Seas will introduce three new Limited Release offerings in 2019: Citra Cannon IPA (February), Sun Burst Sour Ale (July), and Night Swell Dark IPA (October).
- The brewery’s “Uncharted Waters” Series will get a new addition with the June release of Red Flag Barrel-aged Sour Ale.
- Three long-standing Uncharted Waters” offerings – Blackbeard’s Breakfast (February), Great’er Pumpkin Imperial Pumpkin Ale (September) and Siren Noire (November) – will be accompanied by draft-only variants in 2019: Salted Caramel Blackbeard’s Breakfast, Great’er Pumpkin Latte and Coconut Siren Noire.
- Heavy Seas will continue its tradition of releasing an Anniversary Ale at end of each year with the release of “24” in 2019. “24” will be available on draft and in 4-packs of 16 oz. cans. The style of “24” Anniversary Ale will be determined later in the year.
- The Cannon Crew Sampler – available in both 12 oz. bottle and 12 oz. can formats – will be available Year-Round and contain all four Cannon Crew beers: Loose Cannon IPA, TropiCannon Citrus IPA, Double Cannon Double IPA, and AmeriCannon Pale Ale. Due to this development, Double Cannon will now be available in 12 oz. cans in both the sampler pack and its own 6-packs.
- The Heavy Seas small-batch beer program will continue to provide 16 oz. can releases along with draft availability in 2019. These limited release beers will continue to be available throughout the year exclusively in the Heavy Seas Taproom at the brewery in Baltimore, Maryland. Each beer style will not be announced until closer to its release date.
Alright . . . that’s everything that we wanted to gloss over, but there is still plenty to discover in portfolio below. Give it a good look and start getting excited about all the new Heavy Seas brews headed your way in 2019. Prost!
2019 Product Portfolio for Heavy Seas Beer
- Loose Cannon IPA
- TropiCannon Citrus IPA
- Double Cannon Double IPA
- AmeriCannon Double Dry-Hopped American Pale Ale
- Pounder Pilsner
- Peg Leg Imperial Stout
- Gold Ale – draft only
- Powder Monkey Pale Ale (draft only)
- Cutlass Vienna-Style Lager (draft only)
- February | Citra Cannon IPA
- April | Smooth Sail Wheat Ale
- April | Smooth Sail Mixed Berry (draft only)
- July | Sun Burst Sour Ale
- October | Night Swell Dark IPA
- December | 24 Anniversary (Style TBD)
“Uncharted Waters” Series
- February | Blackbeard’s Breakfast Imperial Coffee Porter Aged in Bourbon Barrels
- February | Salted Caramel Blackbeard’s Breakfast (draft only)
- June | Red Flag Barrel-aged Sour Ale
- September | Great’er Pumpkin Imperial Pumpkin Ale Aged in Bourbon Barrels
- September | Great’er Pumpkin Latte (draft only)
- November | Siren Noire Imperial Chocolate Stout Aged in Bourbon Barrels
- November | Coconut Siren Noire (draft only)
- Cannon Crew Bottle Sampler
- Cannon Crew Can Sampler
Samplers (Limited Release)
- April | Summer of the Pirate Can Sampler: Smooth Sail, TropiCannon, Loose Cannon
- August | Drink Like a Pirate Can Sampler: Sun Burst, TropiCannon, Loose Cannon