Heavy Seas Beer (Baltimore, Maryland) has officially announced that it will begin the Limited Release of Night Swell Dark IPA in October 2019.
Developed to make “even the most hardened hop heads feel the pull of the darkness,” Night Swell is a Dark India Pale Ale featuring a “nor’easter blast of hoppy aromas [combining] with a warming dark roast and rich malt sweetness for a full-flavored, full-bodied IPA that stretches the boundaries of the style.” Coming in at 7.5% ABV and 71 IBUs, Night Swell advises that you “surrender to the darkness and ride the swell.”
Night Swell is scheduled to debut in October 2019 and will hang around for a limited time. You can expect to find this new Limited Release offering available in 6-packs of 12 oz. cans and on draft at craft beer-focused retailers, bars and restaurants located in Alabama, Florida, Maryland and throughout the rest of Heavy Seas Beer’s distribution footprint. Prost!
Vital Information for Night Swell Dark IPA from Heavy Seas Beer
Release – Limited; October 2019
Style – Black India Pale Ale
ABV – 7.5%
IBUs – 71
Hops – Chinook, Centennial, Citra & Simcoe
Malts – 2-Row, Amber Dark Crystal, Brown & Caramalt
Recommended Glassware – IPA glass or nonic pint
Availability – 6-packs of 12 oz. cans & draft
Beer Finder – http://hsbeer.com/beerfinder
Heavy Seas Beer (Baltimore, Maryland) has provided craft beer fans a look at the year ahead with the release of the brewery’s 2019 Product Portfolio.
Just as we do with all posts concerning release calendars, we have listed the entire Heavy Seas 2019 Product Portfolio below for you to peruse at your own pace. With that said, there are few juicy details that we need to go over first. We promise to be brief, so let’s go ahead and knock it out:
- Heavy Seas will introduce three new Limited Release offerings in 2019: Citra Cannon IPA (February), Sun Burst Sour Ale (July), and Night Swell Dark IPA (October).
- The brewery’s “Uncharted Waters” Series will get a new addition with the June release of Red Flag Barrel-aged Sour Ale.
- Three long-standing Uncharted Waters” offerings – Blackbeard’s Breakfast (February), Great’er Pumpkin Imperial Pumpkin Ale (September) and Siren Noire (November) – will be accompanied by draft-only variants in 2019: Salted Caramel Blackbeard’s Breakfast, Great’er Pumpkin Latte and Coconut Siren Noire.
- Heavy Seas will continue its tradition of releasing an Anniversary Ale at end of each year with the release of “24” in 2019. “24” will be available on draft and in 4-packs of 16 oz. cans. The style of “24” Anniversary Ale will be determined later in the year.
- The Cannon Crew Sampler – available in both 12 oz. bottle and 12 oz. can formats – will be available Year-Round and contain all four Cannon Crew beers: Loose Cannon IPA, TropiCannon Citrus IPA, Double Cannon Double IPA, and AmeriCannon Pale Ale. Due to this development, Double Cannon will now be available in 12 oz. cans in both the sampler pack and its own 6-packs.
- The Heavy Seas small-batch beer program will continue to provide 16 oz. can releases along with draft availability in 2019. These limited release beers will continue to be available throughout the year exclusively in the Heavy Seas Taproom at the brewery in Baltimore, Maryland. Each beer style will not be announced until closer to its release date.
Alright . . . that’s everything that we wanted to gloss over, but there is still plenty to discover in portfolio below. Give it a good look and start getting excited about all the new Heavy Seas brews headed your way in 2019. Prost!
2019 Product Portfolio for Heavy Seas Beer
- Loose Cannon IPA
- TropiCannon Citrus IPA
- Double Cannon Double IPA
- AmeriCannon Double Dry-Hopped American Pale Ale
- Pounder Pilsner
- Peg Leg Imperial Stout
- Gold Ale – draft only
- Powder Monkey Pale Ale (draft only)
- Cutlass Vienna-Style Lager (draft only)
- February | Citra Cannon IPA
- April | Smooth Sail Wheat Ale
- April | Smooth Sail Mixed Berry (draft only)
- July | Sun Burst Sour Ale
- October | Night Swell Dark IPA
- December | 24 Anniversary (Style TBD)
“Uncharted Waters” Series
- February | Blackbeard’s Breakfast Imperial Coffee Porter Aged in Bourbon Barrels
- February | Salted Caramel Blackbeard’s Breakfast (draft only)
- June | Red Flag Barrel-aged Sour Ale
- September | Great’er Pumpkin Imperial Pumpkin Ale Aged in Bourbon Barrels
- September | Great’er Pumpkin Latte (draft only)
- November | Siren Noire Imperial Chocolate Stout Aged in Bourbon Barrels
- November | Coconut Siren Noire (draft only)
- Cannon Crew Bottle Sampler
- Cannon Crew Can Sampler
Samplers (Limited Release)
- April | Summer of the Pirate Can Sampler: Smooth Sail, TropiCannon, Loose Cannon
- August | Drink Like a Pirate Can Sampler: Sun Burst, TropiCannon, Loose Cannon